People who now want a gun but can't get them thanks to our laws

That depends on the specific rifle an the exact profile of the bullet.
The longer and rounder the bullet profile, the better it'll feed in most lever actions.

351845.jpg

I don't expect these to feed very well due to the "step" on the side of the bullet, this is where it's likely to hang up on the edge of the chamber as the bolt pushes it forward.

Yup, that's exactly how the Federal rounds I got look. I'll just run these out of an older S&W 66-1 revolver with a 6" barrel.. curious how the +P's compare to .357, but that's another topic. Thanks again.

Yup, that's exactly how the Federal rounds I got look. I'll just run these out of an older S&W 66-1 revolver with a 6" barrel.. curious how the +P's compare to .357, but that's another topic. Thanks again.

You can try to run a few through and see what happens, but it you use a rifle with a side loading gate, I'd start with only one in the magazine and see if it cycles and feeds. Here's why, if you use a Marlin 94 or Winchester 92/94, and discover it doesn't feed, it'll be a big hassle to remove the remaining live rounds from the magazine tube. Henry's don't have this problem because the magazine spring tube slides out from the front like a .22 tube fed gun.
I went to the range once with my Browning B92, but grabbed the wrong ammo, it was .38 LSWC's, which would NOT feed at all.
But since it was a 92, I was able to easily fire them single-shot by feeding them straight into the chamber from the top.
A Marlin or Henry is a lot more difficult to do this with (especially if you have fat thumbs) because the receiver is closed on the top and you have to feed them into the chamber from the side.

So, just to stir the pot... [pot]

I haven't actually seen an increase in Home Break-in reports. Why are people turning fearful? Things seem quiet out there.
Why are new people really looking to arm themselves...?

I haven't actually seen an increase in Home Break-in reports. Why are people turning fearful? Things seem quiet out there.

Because we are a few days from society dropping its nervous politeness and showing it's true colors, and even Joe-6pack can see that.

I got my LTC from Hamilton about 2 weeks ago, and used my Hunter Ed from sept 2001. Keep in mind guys that not everyone who wants to buy a gun now is a liberal or panic-buying due to a crisis. I interviewed with PD in January before any talk of covid, and was planning on heading to KTP the day I got my license to pick up a 12ga. A week before I got my license Kittery had at least 50 used 870s for sale, the week I got it they had like 4. I have a friend in the same boat as me, got his LTC a week ago and we’re both right wing and both SOL
Sept 2001, how many vacations, trips to the "packie" have you made since? 19 years & you couldn't find the time or money? You don't wait for a "perfect storm" to be prepared. Good luck.

Yep, sorry... not sorry.
I have a neighbor who is a bird hunter, I told him years ago to buy something that is effective for more than ducks. Yesterday he asked me if I had any buck shot he could borrow... Nope. Just have enough to feed my M4 for a couple of years, head to Walmart... Get a text yesterday... Walmart is not selling... gee, that's a bummer.
I bought a 250 round case of 00Buck from a member a couple of years ago. Put it in the safe and forgot about it. Found it when I was doing inventory a couple of weeks ago. Nope, no extra. And no, that's NOT all the 00Buck I have, it was just a good price and I had the cash that day. That's why it's called "PLANNING AHEAD".

Last edited:
I tend to classify an independent in MA as I do a person that chooses to think of themselves as non-binary.
They can't make up their mind or don't want to be labeled..
But still vote Democratic here in MA and have the same misinformed beliefs.

Last edited:
That depends on the specific rifle an the exact profile of the bullet.
The longer and rounder the bullet profile, the better it'll feed in most lever actions.

I don't expect these to feed very well due to the "step" on the side of the bullet, this is where it's likely to hang up on the edge of the chamber as the bolt pushes it forward.

This!
I'm using 180 grs lead TC in my .357 Marlin 1894 Cowboy Ltd. with no cycling problems at all. Bullets have been casted by a friend who has passed since, using this Saeco mold 1586160806430.png

My wife tries to tell me there are "good democrats" too. Mostly because her "friends" are democrats.
I just list all the A-hole politicians and tell her what they stand for, then I tell her, her "friends" voted these A-holes in.
For some reason, because they are her "friends", she can't see them as EVIL, the way I do!

My wife tries to tell me there are "good democrats" too. Mostly because her "friends" are democrats.
I just list all the A-hole politicians and tell her what they stand for, then I tell her, her "friends" voted these A-holes in.
For some reason, because they are her "friends", she can't see them as EVIL, the way I do!
They (her friends) may be good people. They may be Democrats. The Venn intersection allows for the possibility that some good people are Democrats. But there is no such thing as a Democrat that is a good person. No matter what Venn thinks. Or, no offense, your beloved bride.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people who go from being liberal to conservative or anti2a to pro2a is similar to the percentage of people who convert from Islam to Christianity. Yeah I'm sure it happens but the numbers are small enough that you can almost say it never happens

I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people who go from being liberal to conservative or anti2a to pro2a is similar to the percentage of people who convert from Islam to Christianity. Yeah I'm sure it happens but the numbers are small enough that you can almost say it never happens
You may be right but you'd better hope your wrong, otherwise you can write off MA now, just give up.

At any point in time society is only 9 meals away from complete breakdown.

This has been true throughout history.

When food becomes scarce, people become savages.

Sept 2001, how many vacations, trips to the "packie" have you made since? 19 years & you couldn't find the time or money? You don't wait for a "perfect storm" to be prepared. Good luck.
In sept 2001 I was 16, little young for LTC. I had a fid for hunting And like I said I didn’t wait for this to apply for LTC, I applied before. My post was to illustrate that not everyone who wants a gun now wants one because of social panic, some of us just got caught in the middle of it

At any point in time society is only 9 meals away from complete breakdown.

This has been true throughout history.

When food becomes scarce, people become savages.
Yes, but is it happening right now? Just curious...

It happens more if well-informed and well-intentioned people engage them and try to change their minds on issues. Calling them the enemy won't change anyone's mind...

You havent written off MA already?
Giving up would mean no money for GOAL or Comm2a, stopping my feedback to MA politicians, and I'm still willing to participate if some event comes up. I still do this despite my moving to NH for my personal freedom, I still fight, although less directly, in MA.

I am so blessed I have a very conservative wife so most of the time, these issues never come up. She is a teacher so you know that some most of her acquaintances where she works are hardcore libs. She does have some friends there that are quite conservative but in the public school system, they are very rare...you might say, and correctly so, that they are unicorns.

We differ on a few things but mostly social points...she doesn't believe that weed should be legalized and I do...stuff like that. We have agreed to disagree on issues like this, but overall it's nice to have a wife who is, for the most part, cut from the same cloth as myself.

Back
Top Bottom