People who now want a gun but can't get them thanks to our laws

You can believe people can't change if you want but I can't agree. I know people can have a change of views and positions through life experiences, major life altering events and interactions with opened people in general. I think that helping people to see that gun ownership is worthwhile is our priority.
It's not worth the risk. The fewer leftists that are armed the better

An anti ex in NYS wants me to send her a gun.

She's a great person and I'd send her not just any gun, but a good one if we lived in a world where guns really were viewed as tools. Like screwdrivers.

But? No. I had to explain gun control to her. She understood, but she still wants a gun. She's got another ex, though, who's a sheriff's deputy in NYS. I told her to go ahead and hit him up. Let him have the ethical problem.

Some of you are a little harsh in your replies I think now is the time to add to the ranks and being bullies doesn't help. The best thing we can all do is to take these people now with their eyes wide open and take them to the range, encourage them and get them set up with safety classes so they can get their license.

Lets use the opportunity at hand instead of dismissing it shall we?
COMPLETELY disagree.

i have no clue how old you are. Your background. Your views or anything else about you. I have been in this game since the 1986 ban.
this is the first time in my life time that people are together, on both sides of the fence. Everybody is scared. Everybody sees the fragility of where we are now. And FINALLY the general public realizes that the police CAN NOT be everywhere. And if stuff goes sideways they are on their own.

hell these guys are having a breakdown over toilet paper.

now is exactly the time to show them the error of their ways. Now is the time to remind them thapey said “no one needs a gun”. “The police will protect you”. Nobody needs a 6 round magazine etc..

now is the time to have them completely readjust their thinking. Based on their own needs, fear and possible immediate future.

COMPLETELY disagree.

i have no clue how old you are. Your background. Your views or anything else about you.
hell these guys are having a breakdown over toilet paper.

now is the time to have them completely readjust their thinking. Based on their own needs, fear and possible immediate future.

I don't think my age or my background has anything to do with my views unless you need a hall pass from the monitors here to be allowed to have an opinion. I am stating my view, my opinion I don't expect people to agree with me nor do I want people to bend to my views either but I would like them to consider what I say.

No, I have no freaking answer as to why people are hoarding TP the stores are still open and as far as I know there are still plenty of trees to cut down for more.

lol I wanted clarify but I know your being funny. I meant he doesn’t understand you need gun safety course and apply for gun license at your local police station (finger print, background check) before purchasing a firearm in ma.

No, I'm not being funny. I'm being totally serious. In NH, none of that BS is required. So, yes, I simply walked into the gun store, bought the gun and walked out. Simple.

Wow, that's a weird one. Never heard of someone who doesn't have at least a box in the house.
Uggg i got a friend like that, he got bills to pay soo few boxs of ammo is the most he have around, i end up supply most of the ammo when ever we hit the gunrange.time are hard for some people.

You can believe people can't change if you want but I can't agree. I know people can have a change of views and positions through life experiences, major life altering events and interactions with opened people in general. I think that helping people to see that gun ownership is worthwhile is our priority.
Right there is the crux of it, most people will not change until something terrible happens to them. It's only then when their eyes are opened by the experience, otherwise they'll fall back into the group think of their environment for fear of being ostracized.

Most of my buddies are on the same page. I have one that isn’t. During the election our views came up and that was the last time we spoke about that. We’ve never spoke about any thing political. Mostly stuck with football and cars. (During a rant he literally thinks you can walk into a gun store and buy one)

Had conversation with him last week. He was worried about the whole situation. All on his own he came up with the conclusion he didn’t have the means to protect his family.

So yes there’s a lot of people now waking up. Hopefully the world goes back to normal soon and people start to realize how quickly things can escalate. Wake up call for a lot people.
This is a great opportunity to help people who are worried about the safety of their families understand the situation, explain what they need to do and get them on the team.

My boss asked about a getting gun. I asked if he had any experience with guns. He said he has gone with some friends a few times to the range, they offered him a 9mm to borrow. I asked if he was comfortable with a gun and was he confident he knew how to use one, and how to be safe? He said " no one is comfortable with guns". I said not true at all, I have been around guns all my life, and am very comfortable with guns, and all the people I know that own guns are comfortable with guns. He said he grew up on a farm, and had to kill the cows and pigs for butchering, and that's why he didn't like guns.
He asked about a license, how hard would it be to get one? Told him pretty tough in Mass. depends on the town, as a business owner you might have a better chance. I asked about his record, a DUI in 1975, I told him if the chief in the town is a dick, it might be a problem.
I told him he has a lot to learn, this state wants to put a guy like you in jail for a gun violation, if they can. You don't want to shoot someone, you don't know the laws. Your life would never be the same if you shot someone with someone else's gun, with no license.
My advice was to wait till this blows over, and learn about how to legally get a license and gun, and jump through all the hoops like we all do.
Told him to never vote for a Democrat again, not that a our Republican governor was really a Republican.
He said I have been a republican all my life. I asked if he voted for Trump, he said no.
I told him he had a lot to learn.
You work for someone not on team MAGA!!!! Quit now!!

i am selling an ar via private sale for $14,000. my "preppers told us and we didn't listen" sale. i'll throw in a box of 20 federal american eagle ammo for $135. keep it in the back of your mind...just in case.
Great! I'll take it! Can I use the "Gun Show Loophole" to buy it, and is it Mass Compliant?

He asked about a license, how hard would it be to get one?
I would have said:

Well, you need training, but the state has banned all instructors from offering the required state certified class

In normal times, it would take a week or three to get an appointment to submit your application, but most PDs aren't accepting new applications at this time so it wouldn't be possible even if you had the required course certificate.

The governor has shut down all gun shops, so even if you had training and a license, you would not be able to go to the store to buy one.

But, other than that, it is easy.

Trying to get a gun now is like asking for the vaccine after you have been diagnosed with arterial monochromia.

Not trying to get off topic here, but using wadcutters in a lever action is the worst possible choice, guaranteed to cause feeding problems, especially in model 92's. They tend to be very finicky about cartridge OAL, and many will quickly demonstrate a preference for either standard length .38's or .357's, few will cycle equally well with both.
My Henry lever cycles 158gr 38's no problem, lighter rounds just suck. 357 rounds are perfect. Somewhere I read that the OAL of the lighter 38's is the issue. In my 44 it cycles special and magnum like they're the same.

This is a great opportunity to help people who are worried about the safety of their families understand the situation, explain what they need to do and get them on the team.
f*** them. I don't want them on the team. For years they couldn't care less about the second amendment or MY right for ME to protect my family. In fact most liberals wanted MY rights taken away. Now suddenly they have an epiphany and realize the very real chance that they may actually need to defend themselves. Well too god damned bad for them. They better learn to run and hide until someone with a gun comes to the rescue.

No, I'm not being funny. I'm being totally serious. In NH, none of that BS is required. So, yes, I simply walked into the gun store, bought the gun and walked out. Simple.
Same down here. Younger daughter came down for Thanksgiving break. We shot some clays in the backyard, she decided she wanted her own 20ga. Took her brand new, still damp, temporary paper Tennessee d/l down to Smoky Mountain Knife Works on black Friday and bought her a Mossberg 500. NICS took 20 minutes. By the time she's 21 in 2+ years hopefully Con-Carry will have passed, if not we're "Shall issue" after a safety class.

Over the last month, three people asked me how they can get a gun, and one person asked about a crossbow haha. I find that the more lib, the more incapable they are of accepting that imaginary loopholes don’t exist.

I would have said:

Well, you need training, but the state has banned all instructors from offering the required state certified class

In normal times, it would take a week or three to get an appointment to submit your application, but most PDs aren't accepting new applications at this time so it wouldn't be possible even if you had the required course certificate.

The governor has shut down all gun shops, so even if you had training and a license, you would not be able to go to the store to buy one.

But, other than that, it is easy.

Trying to get a gun now is like asking for the vaccine after you have been diagnosed with arterial monochromia.

And also the guns they think they want either aren’t legal in MA or can’t be bought these days.

And then the training that they don’t think they need... everybody magically turns into Johnny Rambo when the stress of a bad situation hits, I guess.

I had two of those conversations recently..one a lifelong D who wanted to why HE couldn’t just get a gun (I guess he was thinking the laws apply to other people). Once he found out there were no gun hole loopholes or other end runs (because hey, it’s real easy to get a gun according to the media), he asked about getting a license. He was surprised to hear license processing has stopped, he’d need a safety course and then likely six months from the completion of the course he might be issued a license he was dead silent. Then it turned toward the lead up to borrowing a gun, I told him no way because of liability and the general illegality issues, to hope nothing goes downhill in the meantime, and to remember this next election. I then said if things get really bad I’ll be over for his food, water, tp, cash and women! He didn‘t find that funny..

I think quite a few will get gun licenses.

Well, maybe, given that there will be a 3-6 month backlog that will probably end up creating a huge
deterrence factor, but maybe the wait/delays will piss them off more, too.

But ... will they pay attention when voting? ... that is the part that I doubt.

As much as I like to be positive and think people learn, the fact is that very few people learn. So, chances are that the majority of these people will get a license, buy one gun with the two low capacity factory mags, buy one box of ammo and call it a day.

It is our job to take them to the range, get them involved and paying attention. Again, never attacking them or bombarding them with pro Trump junk.

If every NES member could get one person involved, that alone would be over 20K new gun owners. 20K doesnt sound like a lot, but remember that MA has less than 1M licensed gun owners. And in a State of 6M, 20K is nice %.

This is all true, I am glad however that none of the few lib friends I have had called me, because I don't think I would be so
compassionate. After their complaint about how arduous it is to get a license/gun finished, my response would be something like "how do you like the taste of that shit sandwich that you helped make?" then I wouldn't be able to stop laughing like risitas. Unfortunately I think most are too dense at making the necessary connection. They just are fully invested in whatever fleeting rhetoric exists. Most don't even have even the slightest clue about legal limits, gun politics, etc.

My Henry lever cycles 158gr 38's no problem, lighter rounds just suck. 357 rounds are perfect. Somewhere I read that the OAL of the lighter 38's is the issue. In my 44 it cycles special and magnum like they're the same.

The .44 models are normally fine with specials or magnums, I have an R92 that works perfect with either, it's the .357 models that are known to be problematic. .38 wadcutters (not SWC) are as short as possible, and with no bullet protruding, will not feed into the chamber when cycling a lever action.

Back
Top Bottom