• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

People who now want a gun but can't get them thanks to our laws

I was contacted the other day by someone I would characterize as an acquaintance - not really a friend, but we've met a few times and had some conversations. In our conversations the fact that I'm a gun owner came up, so I wasn't overly surprised when he contacted me. The jist of his message was:

"I used to think guns weren't necessary. Now I realize that's not true, how will I protect my family if things go downhill? Yesterday I looked into the process to get a gun, but I realized I can't take any gun safety classes since they're all shut down. Is there anything I can do?"

I told him basically he's SOL, get some pepper spray and hope for the best. I refrained from giving him the whole "You supported gun control? THIS is gun control. Congratulations!" speech.

How many other conversations exactly like mine do you think are happening throughout MA, and other states like it? Anyone else here had non-gun-owner friends/family/acquaintances contact them with a similar question?

Yep, more than one family. Also there have been a few other instances peppered here and there in other threads. Seems to be a common theme anywhere the laws are anti 2A.

I was contacted the other day by someone I would characterize as an acquaintance - not really a friend, but we've met a few times and had some conversations. In our conversations the fact that I'm a gun owner came up, so I wasn't overly surprised when he contacted me. The jist of his message was:

"I used to think guns weren't necessary. Now I realize that's not true, how will I protect my family if things go downhill? Yesterday I looked into the process to get a gun, but I realized I can't take any gun safety classes since they're all shut down. Is there anything I can do?"

I told him basically he's SOL, get some pepper spray and hope for the best. I refrained from giving him the whole "You supported gun control? THIS is gun control. Congratulations!" speech.

How many other conversations exactly like mine do you think are happening throughout MA, and other states like it? Anyone else here had non-gun-owner friends/family/acquaintances contact them with a similar question?

I have a close friend with whom I had a falling out over the election (hadn’t spoken with him in more than 3 years before I decided to extend an olive branch at New Years) tell me that he’s going to apply for his LTC once this is all over. He wasn’t super anti-gun, definitely toed the “you don’t need 30 rounds to hunt” line. Now it sounds like he’s come around a bit. Will probably still vote for the latest D on the ballot, though.

It has been beaten into their heads that “it’s easier to buy a gun than (fill in blank)”. Therefore we need to (fill in the blank).

for the most part they all believed the above to be true. As they never actually looked into it or tried to buy one.

now that THEY are seriously considering buying one the reality is slapping them in the face. That what we said all these years just might have a bit of truth to it.

this might be a wake up call for some of these people.. maybe not.

I don't make or keep many friends (at least not sensitive types who take things to heart) but would have been quick to point out "this is gun control, please consider the situation you are now when voting"..

i am selling an ar via private sale for $14,000. my "preppers told us and we didn't listen" sale. i'll throw in a box of 20 federal american eagle ammo for $135. keep it in the back of your mind...just in case.

Funny, but maybe not so funny. There are some Martin Shkreli prices in the NES classifieds.

...…"and then the same system will F### you six ways till Sunday because you protected your family from someone who should likely be in jail already...…"

Hopefully a mainstream article or two makes it out from standpoint of "I tried to buy a gun and I couldn't wah wah". A liberal who feels they are excluded from the club could really help the cause.

Ask your "acquaintance" if he votes democrat. If yes, tell him to go eat shit. If not, tell him what he needs to do when things quiet down. Jack.

He almost certainly does. Maybe this will open his eyes as to how asinine our laws are, maybe not. I don't really know him that well, so I'm not planning on investing any effort in trying to change his mind.

Hopefully a mainstream article or two makes it out from standpoint of "I tried to buy a gun and I couldn't wah wah". A liberal who feels they are excluded from the club could really help the cause.

NOT going to happen.
they have an agenda that is set in stone. They may write that article. But it probably will not be published. The author will then have essentially outted them self and find themself black listed. It is a heard. if you are not in the group think wagon, then you are an evil conservative dissenter and thus an outsider.

I have an open borders guy at work. Hard left. Hilary, Bernie, whoever's blue, etc. So now said lunatic is a recent dad of a little girl. Every other week or so I hit him with a story about some illegal scum raping some woman. I get it off illegalaliencrimereport.com. He just walks away. Can't bring himself to see how stupid he is and cant defend his position.

I had a neighbor and extended family member ask. Both were pretty clueless on Mass law but certainly both were concerned enough about things to inquire.

What I did learn is that there are few more gun owners in my neighborhood than originally thought. It’s seems like the old 30/30 or a misc shotgun is what they have. Now all looking for pistols and ammo. I don’t get involved, just say hi and walk the dog.

Had a guy at work ask me if I could spare some 9mm.
Apparently he has a gun but doesn't keep ammo. :oops:
Needless to say, I didn't have any to spare.

probably the option package B upgrade. when they get the gun from their local pharmacy. Otherwise just a few mismatched rounds in the mag.

I probably wouldn’t have accused him of supporting GC, but I would have told him this is what voting brings to the people , not saying you accused him. 👌

Had a guy at work ask me if I could spare some 9mm.
Apparently he has a gun but doesn't keep ammo. :oops:
Needless to say, I didn't have any to spare.
I used to work with someone like that. When I asked what he would do without ammo if someone broke into his house, he said he'd waive the gun around and scare them off. [hmmm]

You could always be a dick and send him this.

vetaNAY.jpg

ETA: Shamelessly stolen from the Canadian National Firearms Assn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom