• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

People following Stocking trucks in...

Happened in Groveland on friday was told by a witness that a few guys either followed it in or was waiting for it...when right in after and shot many birds by the release site and left...Losers...and left some birds behind..

"was told by a witness" meh.

There's no shortage of examples of poor sportsmanship out there. I go after pheasants for the dogs, and try to ignore the toolbags.

Happened in Groveland on friday was told by a witness that a few guys either followed it in or was waiting for it...when right in after and shot many birds by the release site and left...Losers...and left some birds behind..
I've witnessed it myself. On the power lines in Groveland at crane pond.

This is no rare occurrence. No different than the idiots in canoes 20 feet from the beach when the trout stocking rig shows up.

Common practice for the Jersey folks passing over into PA. Every Thursday or Friday afternoon I would see yellow plates everywhere. Made me choose my hunting places very carefully, away from these idiots, even if it meant less or none birds in the bag. Mind ya, this was mostly McDade Trail, all federal land. Rangers were only checking permits, and could care less about sportsmanship.

Out in western MA, my buddy and I would follow the stocking truck and watch them set the birds free. We would just stand there and watch, hop in the truck and repeat. It was fun to watch 60 birds released.

Out in western MA, my buddy and I would follow the stocking truck and watch them set the birds free. We would just stand there and watch, hop in the truck and repeat. It was fun to watch 60 birds released.
That might be fine, but what these toolbags are doing is then hunting every spot after. Not very cool.

I helped a DCR guy once get rid of guy that had followed him a bunch of different spots.....pulled out right after the truck, and in front of the annoying follower, I then let the truck pull out and faked that my car was stalled.

The guy nearly came unglued, I told him the DCR truck driver let me know you've followed the truck long enough today. He needs a break from you.

The reality is...with a dog, just stocked pheasants suck to hunt. I'd rather they be there a day or two to get some scent going and have better points and flushes.

Lately, these birds can't fly good.....my dog is catching after a short low flight, or treeing over 50% this year. Its getting annoying.

Back
Top Bottom