People Fleeing CA In Droves, Rental Truck Prices Skyrocketing.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Does this come as a surprise to anyone ???
Even before the massive wildfires, people with the means were leaving to escape the politics and insane taxes, the fires are only adding to the urgency.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Great, fleeing with their ideology and politics, bringing them to a red town near you.
Not necessarily.

My brother and his family are in the process of getting the hell out of SoCal and moving to Texas. We are CA natives, so is his wife's family. They are all VERY right of center- home school, Boy Scouts to f-ing liberal, huge 2A support. Deep, deep red.

Also, during my last work trip to Israel I bumped into an American family on vacation that reminded me a lot of mine. They were CA natives who had just bailed out and moved to Idaho. Dad was a successful business owner and had had enough. Also very conservative.

My home town has always been solid red as a voting district. That will probably change as they escape.

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not necessarily.

My brother and his family are in the process of getting the hell out of SoCal and moving to Texas. We are CA natives, so is his wife's family. They are all VERY right of center- home school, Boy Scouts to f-ing liberal, huge 2A support. Deep, deep red.

Also, during my last work trip to Israel I bumped into an American family on vacation that reminded me a lot of mine. They were CA natives who had just bailed out and moved to Idaho. Dad was a successful business owner and had had enough. Also very conservative.

My home town has always been solid red as a voting district. That will probably change as they escape.
You are talking about people that are most likely voting opposite of the majority in CA.

I think Jason was referring to all the Liberal, SJW fleeing because their policies f*cked up the State but are too stupid to understand that and will vote for the same in TX.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My SIL is still in San Francisco. They HATE the politics there but they make so much money that it's hard to leave. Sad, really.
Unless they’re clearing 500k It’s hard to imagine that being a good deal. A CA friend and his wife that were almost at 400k just bailed out to FL with their 3 kids because he didn’t want to be chained to a 2 million+ house for 30 years.

ETA: also my cousin and her husband from socal, who more or less lived there for their kids whole lives, are also punting out to TX.... kids are grown, communism is too much.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I am affraid this is what is going to destroy this country.
It's like person takes a dump in middle of a living room, don't understand why there is a big pile of smelly shit in the middle of the room and just goes to another room to take his next dump, where there is no smell.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I am affraid this is what is going to destroy this country.
I don't think the blow in effect is all of it, I think some of it is trickle down BS. Theres a swath of younger millenials that don't carry their parents values the way the previous generation
did. The "newest kids" are more skeptical and less shitty, but even if you get the moonbat programming out of public schools the damage has already been done.

There is no denying though that the blow ins f***ed up the pacific northwest, though.

My real concern is what Broc is talking about.... Texas. If the moonbats flip that from an EC standpoint, we're basically f***ed. I think eventually that will be the new battleground state, because if an R or other non commie cant win TX, they can't be president, basically.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s happening here too. We were driving to Mt. Watatic in Ashburnham and saw a ton of New York plates on the road. Probably looking at houses. Nice looking range by there btw.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the blow in effect is all of it, I think some of it is trickle down BS. Theres a swath of younger millenials that don't carry their parents values the way the previous generation
did. The "newest kids" are more skeptical and less shitty, but even if you get the moonbat programming out of public schools the damage has already been done.

There is no denying though that the blow ins f***ed up the pacific northwest, though.

My real concern is what Broc is talking about.... Texas. If the moonbats flip that from an EC standpoint, we're basically f***ed. I think eventually that will be the new battleground state, because if an R or other non commie cant win TX, they can't be president, basically.
If it makes you feel any better, my plan is to go back and do my part to keep Texas red. I just can't take it up here any more.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this come as a surprise to anyone ???
Even before the massive wildfires, people with the means were leaving to escape the politics and insane taxes, the fires are only adding to the urgency.

Only to f*** up another state.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Unless they’re clearing 500k It’s hard to imagine that being a good deal. A CA friend and his wife that were almost at 400k just bailed out to FL with their 3 kids because he didn’t want to be chained to a 2 million+ house for 30 years.
Lots of folks make that in big tech. Back when I worked out there - my manager made 500k, his boss 1MM. Not unusual in the least. Add in stock options and the number of folks clearing 1MM or more is insane.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

ETA: also my cousin and her husband from socal, who more or less lived there for their kids whole lives, are also punting out to TX.... kids are grown, communism is too much.
My old boss asked me 2 years ago if I would move to San Fran. I said I would need at least a 50% raise to even consider it and most likely double my salary to try to live like I live there. He dropped it and never asked again [laugh]

And that might not even cut it.An apartment in the city would probably cost double or more what my place in the city costs here.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My old boss asked me 2 years ago if I would move to San Fran. I said I would need at least a 50% raise to even consider it and most likely double my salary to try to live like I live there. He dropped it and never asked again [laugh]

And that might not even cut it.An apartment in the city would probably cost double or more what my place in the city costs here.
Given how things are now I'd add in the company needs to provide full replacement cost insurance for abode and all belongings that pays off in the event of riot damage/destruction.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You are talking about people that are most likely voting opposite of the majority in CA.

I think Jason was referring to all the Liberal, SJW fleeing because their policies f*cked up the State but are too stupid to understand that and will vote for the same in TX.
Tough to know the breakdown of conservatives to SJW's escaping CA. Conservatives will be more motivated for sure.

It's such a shame but that's what you get when you keep stripping resources from the productive to feed the wasteful.

Top Bottom