People Are Panic Buying Untraceable ‘Ghost Guns’ Online in the Coronavirus Pandemic

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
A bit misleading?

"Ghost guns are typically sold as kits online and marketed as an 80% complete firearm. But they evade federal regulation because they’re not classified as real firearms by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms — even if the finished product can look and function exactly like any other high-powered firearm you might buy in a store."

A lot misleading. I'll file this one right next to the article about how the corona virus is harming efforts to curb global warming.

Dont forget to do your efa10 after its assembled
[wink]
he was supposed to do that? oh jeez. good thing it has been longer than 6 years and the statue of limitations on his prosecution for forgetting to has passed. I'm just glad he was never troubled during those times and had a boot driven down is throat for forgetting his efa10! oh the horror!

(and yes I quoted you, but one of her photos is more than enough for this thread, no need to retraumatize the rest of the MA NES population)

Half of American gun stores are shut down by the government. Yet they are surprised people are building their own legal guns when you cant buy them at a store

Just f***ing shocking.

Next will be the piece on the big rush to reload ammo.

These fxcking retards in the media cant get out of their own way. Why is it surprising when freedom loving people go around dumb f***ing government regulations to get things done. You media cucks live in your own little safe spaces. Meanwhile Americans could dont give a shit about your alarming stats. This little pandemic is going to get a lot of people WOKE about the stupdiry of gun laws. And dont be surprised if after this bullshit the country ends up more pro 2a rhan ever. Ok

Last edited:
People Are Panic Buying Untraceable ‘Ghost Guns’ Online in the Coronavirus Pandemic

and yes, it’s an Apple news source
So if the 80's are not firearms, how does this "evade" atf "regulations". Fake news.

A bit misleading?

"Ghost guns are typically sold as kits online and marketed as an 80% complete firearm. But they evade federal regulation because they’re not classified as real firearms by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms — even if the finished product can look and function exactly like any other high-powered firearm you might buy in a store."

A lot misleading. I'll file this one right next to the article about how the corona virus is harming efforts to curb global warming.
How can you evade federal regulation when that is the regulation? ... these people writing this stuff are retarded.

Hey, anyone that owns a chunk of steel has a possible receiver. Criminals.

How can you evade federal regulation when that is the regulation? ... these people writing this stuff are retarded.

Hey, anyone that owns a chunk of steel has a possible receiver. Criminals.

Exactly. By their logic even a chunk of pig iron and some pet coke can be marketed as a 0.1% firearm that evades federal regulation because it's not classified as real firearm by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms — even if the finished product can look and function exactly like any other high-powered firearm you might buy in a store. [rolleyes] Probably used beer cans should be registered, just in case:

screen.227.jpg

anyone build a polymer AR lower ? I'm curious how they'd stand up

I tried once.
I had an early jig and it wasn't pinned the router bit grabbed and it pulled 80percenter up cutting right through the bottom. first and only time I tried.
I would assume the polymer would be ok.
my factory ar180B seems similar, I guess it would depend on the polymer and more importantly the 80 percent lower itself.

I bought a complete polymer lower before the reinterpretation of the laws, I was planning to make it into a dedicated .22 and might still do that. Right now it just sits in the safe.

Wait, you're supposed to wear your underwear outside your tights? All these years I've been wearing my tights inside my underwear. Damn

If both don’t have a fly, you’re gonna have to pull them down to piss either way. And that takes two hands. Just when super-villain arch-nemeses will choose to attack. You wanna know why there are no superheroes left? Tights with no fly.

In California, as of 2024, you would be required to buy "firearm precursor parts" only from a licensed dealer. "Firearm precursor part" is defined specifically to regulate 80% lowers.

Last edited:
In California, as of 2024, you would be required to buy "firearm precursor parts" only from a licensed dealer. "Firearm precursor part" is defined specifically designed to regulate 80% lowers.

Gotta love that strategy - make a law way out into the future so nobody really notices it, then by the time its enforced all the bad decisions are way in the past..

Also seems like it could apply to any reciever, ie upper receivers.. I'm sure that will be the next thing if they ever succeed with a grandfathered AWB federally - banning parts to attempt to sunset what we have today, likely under the pretense that they are used to make new and more dangerous scary guns. It's in the commie playbook already.

Back
Top Bottom