Pentagon to destroy $1.2 Billion in ammunition

Monadnock

NES Member
I apologize if this is a re-post, but I couldn't find anything similar in a search:

Link to Article in Stars & Stripes

Apparently the "sell by" date has passed. Obama will probably step in and give it to North Korea as aid, or try to bribe the Chinese with it so that they don't call in their loans before he leaves office.

DUPE: Dang it, spotted it in this thread

Last edited:
Why the hell would they destroy it? Unless it's been stored under really crappy conditions it should be good for years, if not decades. If they're concerned about it because of its age, use it for training and not for front line troops. Hell, with the shortage in the civilian market, auction it off! [smile]

Baby steps.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

"Thank you for calling Walmart Sporting Goods Department, where smiles are always on sale..this is Seth...How may I help you?"

"Hi...Can you tell me if you have any 9mm ammunition in stock?"

"We do, however you may only purchase individual bullets. They're two dollars each, with like a 3 bullet limit"

"Huh? Individual rounds? At 2 dollars per round??"

"Um, rounds?...no...it's...um..2 dollars per bullet...it's because, dude, there's like a shortage nationwide".

"Why is there a shortage?"

"Um, like, I don't know dude...hold on...I'll ask my supervisor. "

(click)

Just raise taxes.

There is zero accountability for failure in government.

There is no incentive to save or improve anything.

We are doomed.

Why the hell would they destroy it? Unless it's been stored under really crappy conditions it should be good for years, if not decades. If they're concerned about it because of its age, use it for training and not for front line troops. Hell, with the shortage in the civilian market, auction it off! [smile]
This is viable even if it is unreliable ammo because it can be used to help train to clear jams.

Back
Top Bottom