• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pennsylvania's Kutztown University Lifts Ban On Guns, Slightly.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Packing for school: Pennsylvania's Kutztown University lifts ban on guns

A state-run Pennsylvania university has revised its campus policy to allow students and employees with permits to carry concealed guns in open areas.

Under the new policy at Kutztown University, any university employee or student with a legal permit and “compelling" personal safety reasons can request authorization from campus police on a case-by-case basis. All weapons, including legally-registered firearms, will still be banned from academic buildings, student residence halls, dining facilities and sporting events. The reversal came after state lawyers warned public colleges all-out weapons bans that go farther than federal laws put them on shaky legal ground.

Full Story >>> Packing for school: Pennsylvania's Kutztown University lifts ban on guns | Fox News

So you can now carry on campus as long as you don't enter any of the buildings ????
I'd say this isn't much of a victory for gun owners. [rolleyes]

I guess it's better than nothing. We need rich people that can fund lawsuits to start suing like there's no tomorrow. Can't rely on politicians to change things.

hey my old school hahahaha Its kind of a victory, the campus is huge, alot of the population lives off campus and beleive it or not people will literally hang outside all day, it was a fun school.....i know the baseball house guys would go hunting all the time, lots of deer and prime hunting grounds, lots of farms and feed areas.

They've seen the error of their ways with gun free zones, so they're trying to find a way to protect their students while still clinging to their idealism. LOL

Back
Top Bottom