• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pennsylvania to follow Hawaii? (weed and guns)

Thank you.

Bit of a mix there -

The Honolulu Police Department will not enforce a controversial policy requiring legal marijuana patients to turn in their guns. The department issued a notice Tuesday, saying it is consulting with other governmental agencies, as well as reviewing recent court rulings regarding the issue. HPD said it will, however, continue to deny new firearm permits to applicants with medical marijuana cards.
It isn't a mix. Hawaii doesn't require licensing to own, just a permit to purchase. The 9th circuit ruled that someone with an MJ card is not eligible to purchase, so HPD is just following the law as it exists in the 9th. They are not allowed to issue permits to ineligible individuals. This is a different situation to say MA where ownership requires a license and an LTC can be issued to someone who is a federal PP.

ok so states have said FU to federal law on weed and other drugs so why is the state not turning a blind eye to weed and guns. let federal agents deal with it.

This shit is getting stupid....

ok so states have said FU to federal law on weed and other drugs so why is the state not turning a blind eye to weed and guns. let federal agents deal with it.

The thing is that the feds need to give up and disband the dea. Until then things will be weird

Because they would never let a good gun grabbing opportunity pass by without taking advantage of it.

I should have been clearer, I'd like to see them do something about medical prescribers' prescribing habits in regard to opiates. This is the root cause of the epidemic. Once you do that, you're right, the problem self-corrects.
If by "the epidemic" you mean the overdose deaths on street drugs, the root cause is that the feds are already doing far too much to restrict access to prescription medication.

No one addicted to prescription pain meds will turn to heroin, unless they can't get what they need at the pharmacy. No one steals or turns to prostitution to get legally-prescribed Oxy.

It isn't a mix. Hawaii doesn't require licensing to own, just a permit to purchase.
Hawaii requires registration of all firearms (the only state that does so). Even if you're just a visitor, you must register any firearms when you arrive. If you move there, it doesn't matter where you purchased your guns, because if you're legal, they already know exactly which guns you own.

Two words why they will not let it go. Jeff Sessions

lifelong antidrug crusader who runs the Justice Department like it’s 1955

Sessions has his head up his ass. Why the bloody F is he on this holy crusade over weed instead of focusing on the States and rouge AG's that are doing everything they can to trample the US Constitution? 1st A, 2nd A, 14th A,,, FBI corruption, Dem collusion and illegal voting destroying our election process. Want to solve a drug problem - focus on Opioids. Where are his F'ing priorities? He needs to go.

Hawaii requires registration of all firearms (the only state that does so). Even if you're just a visitor, you must register any firearms when you arrive. If you move there, it doesn't matter where you purchased your guns, because if you're legal, they already know exactly which guns you own.
Registration, yes, but not licensing. Also the registration is not enforced as strictly as you might expect.

If by "the epidemic" you mean the overdose deaths on street drugs, the root cause is that the feds are already doing far too much to restrict access to prescription medication.

No one addicted to prescription pain meds will turn to heroin, unless they can't get what they need at the pharmacy. No one steals or turns to prostitution to get legally-prescribed Oxy.

You clearly don't understand how opiates work in regard to tolerance if you believe this is the only cause. It is a contributing factor, I'll give you that, but it's not the root cause.

You clearly don't understand how opiates work in regard to tolerance if you believe this is the only cause. It is a contributing factor, I'll give you that, but it's not the root cause.
The current wave of overdoses seems to be mostly caused by fentanyl, which is a problem pretty much directly caused by federal restrictions on less dangerous opioids. Yes, tolerance builds and people overdose on other opioids but it usually takes quite a bit longer

Sessions has his head up his ass. Why the bloody F is he on this holy crusade over weed instead of focusing on the States and rouge AG's that are doing everything they can to trample the US Constitution? 1st A, 2nd A, 14th A,,, FBI corruption, Dem collusion and illegal voting destroying our election process. Want to solve a drug problem - focus on Opioids. Where are his F'ing priorities? He needs to go.
Only people who have weed are the problem, everything you mentioned is not

I should have been clearer, I'd like to see them do something about medical prescribers' prescribing habits in regard to opiates. This is the root cause of the epidemic. Once you do that, you're right, the problem self-corrects.

I agree they offered me Percocet one time for a nasty but small cut I had on my pinky... Even though I had stated I was allergic

The problem with this is that people are not all the same. There are people who get addicted to opiates and others who simply do not. There are those who have extreme pain from terminal illnesses who aren't getting the pain medications they should be because prescribers are too scared.

Back
Top Bottom