Pennsylvania non resident ltc

Just went to their website and applied for a non-resident permit in the first county listed. Seemed easy, attached copy of MA DL and LTC and paid $25...

I didn't think PA allowed on line applications for a non resident permit. I was always under the impression that you had to apply in person at a "friendly" county in PA

I didn't think PA allowed on line applications for a non resident permit. I was always under the impression that you had to apply in person at a "friendly" county in PA

Seems like they do now, I have family there and maybe traveling this year so it was a timely refresh on the thread. Will see how long it takes but seemed simple enough.

Adams County, I thought their website indicated that out of state permits would be mailed. I believe during the step 2 of the filling the form out it mentioned that. Though it is ambiguous.

Might have to plan a trip to Gettysburg to pick it up. LOL
Reading their site, it appears you can apply online, but will still have to schedule an appointment for an in-person "interview" or to pick up the permit in-person. I don't see any indication they will mail it to you.

I don't think they are allowed to mail it by PA law. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Reading their site, it appears you can apply online, but will still have to schedule an appointment for an in-person "interview" or to pick up the permit in-person. I don't see any indication they will mail it to you.

I don't think they are allowed to mail it by PA law. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

I understood it as the interviews were not in person but online as well as the application. But you might be right. $25 is small risk, I'll report back when I get more information etc.

I understood it as the interviews were not in person but online as well as the application. But you might be right. $25 is small risk, I'll report back when I get more information etc.

Ok so it appears I do have to appear in person to pick it up. You can schedule an appointment online to then appear in person.

Looks like I have a road trip in my near future. :)

Just a final follow up, went to PA this past weekend. Made the appointment online and arrived early. Very simple and easy, photo taken, signed the electronic tablet and they printed the license right there. Good for 5 years from that date. Other than the pain of having to travel there, getting the permit was easy.

I had a good experience with Lackawanna county (Scranton) about 18 months ago. It took about 20 minutes total. Not sure if anything has changed since then.

edit - just checked their website and they are not processing for nonresidents due to the pandemic. I guess you could call and see if that has changed with all the pandemic restrictions being lifted.

More than 13 months since the above post and according to their website Lackawanna County Sheriff is still not processing nonresident permits, in fact it seems they have not yet returned to walk-ins for residents.

My PA permit (Lackawanna) expired very nearly a year ago. I may be driving to Michigan this summer and I am thinking of reapplying in Clarion Co. as it is very convenient when passing on I-80.

The only reason I had a PA permit is for just these times when I am driving to MI rather than flying. I want to be able to take my pistol out of the case once I pass the NY line and not have to wait till OH.

This list of PA Sheriffs' websites is noted as updated 5/17/2022 also an (*) indicates mention of nonresident permits on the website.

🐯

To anyone within reasonable range of Centre County, I heartily recommend that office. People are great; Sheriff is pro-guns; and there is even parking within a short walk.

As it so happens I had actually started rethinking Clarion and considering Centre County because ironically it is at about the 'center' point of my journey to Michigan. Also I could go down the road a few miles and checkout the Penn State campus while in the area.

🐯

I just got home from my trip to Michigan.

Wednesday morning on the the trip out I stopped at the Centre County Sheriff's office. I was in and out with a permit in just 15 minutes.

My Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) background check came back with a proceed in about 5 minutes. But the lady at the desk processing the application said it can take up to 48 hours and if that happens they will mail you your permit (Actually offered me a list of local restaurants if the wait was going to be longer than 10-15 minutes).

I would say that in the sense of location and access this office was much easier to deal with then when I had a permit out of Lackawanna Co.

🐯

I just got home from my trip to Michigan.

Wednesday morning on the the trip out I stopped at the Centre County Sheriff's office. I was in and out with a permit in just 15 minutes.

My Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) background check came back with a proceed in about 5 minutes. But the lady at the desk processing the application said it can take up to 48 hours and if that happens they will mail you your permit (Actually offered me a list of local restaurants if the wait was going to be longer than 10-15 minutes).

I would say that in the sense of location and access this office was much easier to deal with then when I had a permit out of Lackawanna Co.

🐯

Yeah, PICS is a steamy pile of shit sometimes. Mine took about 10 minutes to come back and the nice lady at the Sherriff's office even apologized for the wait.

I need to get back out there to get it renewed.

More than 13 months since the above post and according to their website Lackawanna County Sheriff is still not processing nonresident permits, in fact it seems they have not yet returned to walk-ins for residents.

My PA permit (Lackawanna) expired very nearly a year ago.
Mine expired this winter. Its frustrating that they won't accept applications because I'm in the Scranton area several times a year and it was super convenient. Using the covid excuse is lame

Mine expired this winter. Its frustrating that they won't accept applications because I'm in the Scranton area several times a year and it was super convenient. Using the covid excuse is lame

Unfortunate if you are in Scranton anyway. However, Centre County in small town Bellefonte PA was way easier. No big city parking garage to find, no emptying your pockets and passing through magnetometers, no elevator to the 8th floor and waiting in a line.

🐯

Unfortunate if you are in Scranton anyway. However, Centre County in small town Bellefonte PA was way easier. No big city parking garage to find, no emptying your pockets and passing through magnetometers, no elevator to the 8th floor and waiting in a line.

🐯

Jefferson County was the same way. The sheriff's office shares space in the county courthouse. There is a metal detector, but the deputy manning the front desk didn't make me empty my pockets when he took me back to the office.

No line and the two biggest time sinks were filling out the application and waiting for Harrisburg to return a proceed. License was printed, signed, and laminated on the spot after I handed over my $20 cash.

BOSTON - An annual study from a moving company once again shows that more people are leaving Massachusetts than making the Bay State their new home.

The survey from United Van Lines found that Massachusetts was seventh on the list of "most moved from" states for 2022. The company said 57% of customer moves involving Massachusetts were outbound.

Massachusetts also made the Top 10 "most moved from states" in 2021 and 2020.

Thirty-six percent of those leaving the state identified family as the primary motivator; 26% said their job and 22% cited retirement.

"Key factors like retirement, wanting to be closer to family and lifestyle changes influenced by the pandemic along with current housing prices drove moving patterns in 2022," economist Michael A. Stoll said in a statement.

The only states with a higher percentage of outbound movers were Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Michigan, New York, Illinois and New Jersey at No. 1.

There are two New England states that did see far more people move in than out in 2022, according to United Van Lines. Vermont was the top state for "moving in," with an inbound percentage of 77%. Rhode Island was third on the list at 66%.

Click here for the full study results.

Liberal states are well represented in the top ten states.

Surprised NH didn’t show up, SNH real estate prices are way up.

“BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - New data indicates that nearly 5,000 people migrated to the Green Mountain State during the height of the pandemic.

Vermont might have one of the lowest populations of any state in the country but a new report shows that slowly but surely -- it’s growing.

“People want to live here and that’s a good sign. And that’s generally good for the economy, sort of generally, good for quality of life,” said Steph Yu with the Montpelier-based Public Assets Institute, the left-leaning think tank that developed the report.

According to the institute, Vermont’s population netted a gain of 4,864 people from July 2020 to July 2021. The data estimates are from the U.S. Census Bureau. The increase is more than two and a half times more than the number of people who moved to the Green Mountain State in 2018.

“This is a net number. So, we’re showing that a net of 4,800 people came in. But that probably means that 20,000 moved in and 15,000 left, or you know, there’s a bigger turn than that net number is going to reflect,” Yu said.”

f2.MJB156.png

This forum is absolutely obsessed with Trannies.

Very strange.
Is it really strange? We are in the midst of one of the most vile episodes in human history. One where people are telling our children that there are more than two sexes and that if a child has mental delusions regarding their gender they can be mutilated by a licensed physician!

Back
Top Bottom