• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pennsylvania non resident ltc

Is it really strange? We are in the midst of one of the most vile episodes in human history. One where people are telling our children that there are more than two sexes and that if a child has mental delusions regarding their gender they can be mutilated by a licensed physician!
Sure seems obsessive here.

But Massachusetts has been “The Whiner State” for a long time. Wish the hell more of them would move out of Boston!

Vermont is beautiful this time of year! Older article but according to this origin state for Vermont immigrants are NY, CT, MA and PA.

Last edited:
Bought our place in VT several years ago, with the intent to transition in retirement in 5-10 yrs. Now that MA has totally lost its way with Mauron and her climate moonbat cabinet, VT is actually the saner of the two locations, hard to believe. We may jump this year, since we're both remote workers now.

Anybody want to buy a house in Boylston?

Don’t know about Mass but we left South east NH about 1/2 years ago to get away from the Ma**h*** politics that was invading our town. It was a good move. We chose the Raleigh NC area because of the great medical care at Duke University hospital and UNC. The only issue is that there are a bunch of NY transplants but we don’t water them and feed them weed killer so they wither….

Is it really strange? We are in the midst of one of the most vile episodes in human history. One where people are telling our children that there are more than two sexes and that if a child has mental delusions regarding their gender they can be mutilated by a licensed physician!
I forget which podcast I was watching but it all made sense…1 transgender surgery was enough to pay the hospital operating costs for a year minus employee salaries. Follow the money, it’s friggin disgusting. Even our Doctors are full of greed. 👍🏻

It may be true but it's not been a noticable thing in my area at least .
Houses are still going for crazy prices and there are still bidding wars .
One house in my neighborhood sold in two weeks and 50 K over asking.

It may be true but it's not been a noticable thing in my area at least .
Houses are still going for crazy prices and there are still bidding wars .
One house in my neighborhood sold in two weeks and 50 K over asking.
Ya..... It's the illegal immigrants moving in and gobbling up all the rental real estate, forcing hard working renters into the housing market, which in turn drives the housing market up.

I'm totally making this up, but after reading what I wrote; well it started to make sense :cool:

I forget which podcast I was watching but it all made sense…1 transgender surgery was enough to pay the hospital operating costs for a year minus employee salaries. Follow the money, it’s friggin disgusting. Even our Doctors are full of greed. 👍🏻
I think the post hit too close to home for that guy.

This forum is absolutely obsessed with Trannies.

Very strange.
Because the left is pushing dick flappers in dresses and groomer clowns into every formerly sensitive place for women and children. The rainbow flag is waved more than Old Glory at every opportunity and you are demanded to submit to the delusions and sexual gratification of strangers in public. If they can get the public to submit to accepting the biggest farce that there aren't two genders and that pedos molesting kids in public is fine, then they can get away with anything. It's why they are pushing it so hard to break society.

Vermont was the top state for "moving in," with an inbound percentage of 77%.

All the f***ing flatlanders coming up here to get away from the crowded cities and higher Covid rates, unfortunately. And bringing their goddamned liberal attitudes with them.

I left Mass before it was cool. :cool: And moved to VT while everyone was leaving. Now kindly tell them to stop moving here. It's really cold, no good food, nothing to do, and ugly as sin everywhere you look!

Agreed! Welcome to Vermont; spend your money and go home. [wink]

Interestingly enough, all my woodchuck friends keep telling me that I'm not really a flatlander - my attitudes are more like Vermont attitudes, so I'm not the kind of flatlander they want to leave. [rofl]

“BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - New data indicates that nearly 5,000 people migrated to the Green Mountain State during the height of the pandemic.

“People want to live here and that’s a good sign. And that’s generally good for the economy, sort of generally, good for quality of life,” said Steph Yu with the Montpelier-based Public Assets Institute, the left-leaning think tank that developed the report.

What they're NOT mentioning is that all the younger kids are looking to leave Vermont so they can find jobs and not get crushed by the taxes. And so they can afford a house - the housing market up here is insane. Oh, and the people getting to retirement age are looking to leave to avoid having their retirement income taxed.

Bought our place in VT several years ago, with the intent to transition in retirement in 5-10 yrs. Now that MA has totally lost its way with Mauron and her climate moonbat cabinet, VT is actually the saner of the two locations, hard to believe. We may jump this year, since we're both remote workers now.

Might want to consult a tax attorney before you jump; you did read what I wrote about retirement income, right? Oh, and don't bring any mags over 15 rounds (handgun) or 10 rounds (rifle) with you unless you've owned them since April 2018. at least, that's how the law reads. No idea how anyone would know. Vermont Laws

Moving In

The top inbound states of 2022 were:

1. Vermont
  2. Oregon
  3. Rhode Island
  4. South Carolina
  5. Delaware
  6. North Carolina
  7. Washington, D.C.
  8. South Dakota
  9. New Mexico
  10. Alabama

Of the top ten inbound states, four — Vermont, Oregon, South Dakota and New Mexico — are among the least densely populated states in America, with less than 100 people per square mile. South Dakota and New Mexico are among the top 10.

Moving Out

The top outbound states for 2022 were:

1. New Jersey
  2. Illinois
  3. New York
  4. Michigan
  5. Wyoming
  6. Pennsylvania
  7. Massachusetts
  8. Nebraska
  9. Louisiana
  10. California

Florida would likely take number one, but population numbers are lower because deaths are higher (old retired folks die)... it also suffers from a large population, so law of large numbers hurts it here.

Sure seems obsessive here.

But Massachusetts has been “The Whiner State” for a long time. Wish the hell more of them would move out of Boston!

Vermont is beautiful this time of year! Older article but according to this origin state for Vermont immigrants are NY, CT, MA and PA.

I wish more people would out of this state. It's a pipe dream with all the medical, engineering, tech, biolab, academia industry here. If anything, more people will be coming. Especially H1B visa holders - who you can easily spot by how shitty they drive - which accounts for like 50% who is on the road nowadays and probably most of the accidents...:confused:

I hold a non-res PA permit from Lackawanna County (Scranton) and I received a letter informing me that my permit would expire within 60 days, and informing me of the process to renew. They included a paper copy of the application, and a phone number & email address of a Deputy to contact with any questions.

Conflicting information:
  1. Website states non-res applications are not being processed "due to the pandemic". (Implies both new and renewal). Not sure if it's up-to-date.
  2. Cover letter of notice says "stop in the sheriff's office with the completed application"
  3. Separate "attention" letter included with the notice (similar format to the notice on website) instructs of process to be used: (first) complete application, make photocopy of drivers lic and permit, place in a sealed envelope. (second) Drop envelope in secure lockbox located in vestibule of courthouse located at same address as sheriff's office. (Third) Sheriff's office will process application and provide appointment date & time for in-person finalize of application - picture, signature, $20 cash.
I've tried to use the email and phone to clarify the steps I should take, given the conflicting instructions and distance to the office. PA permit is now 30 days beyond expiration, no response to email or phone as of yet.

May decide to just drive to Scranton and drop in without an appointment.

I haven't gotten anywhere with email and phone either. Unfortunately I can't willy-nilly drive to Scranton just to drop off the application and then have to come right back to pick up the license a few days or even weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom