Pennsylvania non resident ltc

inkdesigner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn't think PA allowed on line applications for a non resident permit. I was always under the impression that you had to apply in person at a "friendly" county in PA

Cphobes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I didn't think PA allowed on line applications for a non resident permit. I was always under the impression that you had to apply in person at a "friendly" county in PA

Seems like they do now, I have family there and maybe traveling this year so it was a timely refresh on the thread. Will see how long it takes but seemed simple enough.

inkdesigner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Adams County, I thought their website indicated that out of state permits would be mailed. I believe during the step 2 of the filling the form out it mentioned that. Though it is ambiguous.

Might have to plan a trip to Gettysburg to pick it up. LOL
Reading their site, it appears you can apply online, but will still have to schedule an appointment for an in-person "interview" or to pick up the permit in-person. I don't see any indication they will mail it to you.

I don't think they are allowed to mail it by PA law. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Cphobes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Reading their site, it appears you can apply online, but will still have to schedule an appointment for an in-person "interview" or to pick up the permit in-person. I don't see any indication they will mail it to you.

I don't think they are allowed to mail it by PA law. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

I understood it as the interviews were not in person but online as well as the application. But you might be right. $25 is small risk, I'll report back when I get more information etc.

Cphobes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I understood it as the interviews were not in person but online as well as the application. But you might be right. $25 is small risk, I'll report back when I get more information etc.

Ok so it appears I do have to appear in person to pick it up. You can schedule an appointment online to then appear in person.

Looks like I have a road trip in my near future. :)

Cphobes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just a final follow up, went to PA this past weekend. Made the appointment online and arrived early. Very simple and easy, photo taken, signed the electronic tablet and they printed the license right there. Good for 5 years from that date. Other than the pain of having to travel there, getting the permit was easy.

Top Bottom