• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pennsylvania non resident ltc

I was supposed to send a copy of my renewed Mass LTC so my PA Non-Resident permit would stay active. Can't find the paperwork. Anyone have any info on this. Did it in York County.
Here's what they gave me when I renewed this summer.
Since the lady behind the counter circled the email and phone #, I assume that's how you notify them.

Attachments

• PA LTC Requiremen to Notify Letter 2023_09_07.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Any idea which counties are issuing?
I visited Washington, PA on business a few months ago. Stopped by the Sheriff's office got my picture taken and out the door in 8 min. Got the PA LTC in the mail 12 days after. Hilarious how MA towns cuck us this hard on renewals.

I visited Washington, PA on business a few months ago. Stopped by the Sheriff's office got my picture taken and out the door in 8 min. Got the PA LTC in the mail 12 days after. Hilarious how MA towns cuck us this hard on renewals.
Can't drive much further than that in PA if you're not already in the area.

Can't drive much further than that in PA if you're not already in the area.
Outside of very ultra liberal enclaves like Philly/Pittsburgh, isn't it extremely easy to get a PA LTC? Anywhere in the Lehigh Valley should do.

Last edited:
It's county-by-county in PA. Some don't give out non-res licenses at all. Lackawanna used to be very easy but during COVID they stopped accepting walk-ins so you have to go there to apply and then come back once approved. I went through Luzerne this past summer - online application, 15min in-person appointment, very easy process.

Outside of very ultra liberal enclaves like Pittsburgh, isn't it extremely easy to get a PA LTC? Anywhere in the Lehigh Valley should do.
MY brother lives near King of Prussia, so I figured I could make a trip of picking up the permit, but no one nearby seems to do online applications, if they do non-res at all. Maybe its just too close to Philadelphia. Pittsburgh area is processing non-res, just completely in -person.

MY brother lives near King of Prussia, so I figured I could make a trip of picking up the permit, but no one nearby seems to do online applications, if they do non-res at all. Maybe its just too close to Philadelphia. Pittsburgh area is processing non-res, just completely in -person.
I think PA is just one of those states where they make you visit in person to get the non-res LTC for the most part.

💯 Pennsylvania is the least hassle free LTC to get @ $20 for five years…we always went to Luzerne County

I've had non-res from Centre County for a long time. Last Sheriff (Denny Nau) was super pro-guns, and by reports so is the current guy. A year or so ago, I renewed mine and got original for my wife, and we were out of the office, permits in hand, in about 20-30 minutes, including some chit-chat about best and worst places to have lunch. So far as I know, nothing has changed in Centre County.

I've had non-res from Centre County for a long time. Last Sheriff (Denny Nau) was super pro-guns, and by reports so is the current guy. A year or so ago, I renewed mine and got original for my wife, and we were out of the office, permits in hand, in about 20-30 minutes, including some chit-chat about best and worst places to have lunch. So far as I know, nothing has changed in Centre County.
I pulled off I-80 for gas in Snow Shoe once and the attendant was carrying. So was I.

Unfortunate if you are in Scranton anyway. However, Centre County in small town Bellefonte PA was way easier. No big city parking garage to find, no emptying your pockets and passing through magnetometers, no elevator to the 8th floor and waiting in a line.

🐯
I know. I am replying to a two-year-old thread. Not the worst I’ve ever seen on this site.

I just wanted to thank you and tell you how easy it was. I filled out the application beforehand, which you can get online. I brought in a $20 bill, my drivers license, and my home state permit. The lady at the front desk was super nice. She had me sit down and processed everything. Then she told me to smile as she had a camera aimed at me and she took my picture. How about three minutes later the permit was in my hand. Total time in the station was less than 10 minutes. The lady at the desk could not have been nicer. She even offered me a list of local restaurants.

The only tough part was there was a walk up the hill to the sheriffs office due to some construction at the courthouse. I instantly regretted every Marlborough I had ever smoked.

Back
Top Bottom