• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pennsylvania law will kill sales of everything not just guns

watchman

NES Member
Not looking good for gun dealers or manufacturers if this becomes the norm in PA. But if you get run over by a car in PA you will be able to sue the manufacturer and the dealer because they are creating precedents.

This is great. So now the Police can sue the manufacturers of lasers. We can sue bottle manufacturers for all the molotov cocktails being thrown around, lighter manufacturers for the fires being set in the cities, etc. Car manufacturers, the alcohol industry and a whole host of others are screwed. Thank god we are getting rid of all the other pesky little things that end people up in jail like drugs, beating the life out of each other, car jackings, etc.; we are going to need lots of room in the courts and jails for what is coming from this :)

This is great. So now the Police can sue the manufacturers of lasers. We can sue bottle manufacturers for all the molotov cocktails being thrown around, lighter manufacturers for the fires being set in the cities, etc. Car manufacturers, the alcohol industry and a whole host of others are screwed. Thank god we are getting rid of all the other pesky little things that end people up in jail like drugs, beating the life out of each other, car jackings, etc.; we are going to need lots of room in the courts and jails for what is coming from this :)

Edit:
You can disregard the "friends" part! final_5de7025255f0250013d9506d_307948.jpg

There will of course be gov't, LEO, and big pharma exemptions...

Not looking good for gun dealers or manufacturers if this becomes the norm in PA. But if you get run over by a car in PA you will be able to sue the manufacturer and the dealer because they are creating precedents.

Doesn't this seem part of the logical next steps of infiltrating a critical number of government agencies to begin demolition/implosion?

another liberal victory to absolve everyone from any personal responsibility.
lets sue the booze industry for every alcohol related death, how about all congress critters and judges for murders committed by repeat offenders because they let the criminals loose. [bs]

In fairness a law that specifically protects certain industries from certain types of suits seems like the wrong solution for the given concern.

This fits right in down there in PA.
They sell all the good fireworks there, but only to non residents
If you want to buy more than a 6 pack you have to go to a beer distributor, but the distributor cannot sell you less than a 12 pack.
Lets see what else, o ya the state cops have red lights on their cruisers.
So many T type intersections where the stop sign is on the right of way, not at the top of the tee.
The list goes on....

In fairness a law that specifically protects certain industries from certain types of suits seems like the wrong solution for the given concern.
Yes and no. Take the ski industry. You ski down the hill, fall under normal conditions, hit a tree and get paralyzed. That industry would be gone in a day, as well as thousands of jobs and an entire industry built around the mountain. It is not the mountain's fault, it is yours.

I think the same argument is valid here. Not to mention it supports the argument that guns kill people, not that people kill people.

To the degree that a gun is defective, sure you should be able to sue. Oh, and you can.

Also - what the actual Hell?

The boy, J.R. Gustafson, and his 14-year-old friend in a private home in 2016 obtained a gun that was in the home, which was manufactured by Springfield and sold by the department store. The friend removed the clip from the gun and believed it to be unloaded. But there was still a live round in the chamber when he pulled the trigger, unintentionally killing Gustafson.

I thought we sued manufacturers when their products DON'T work as expected? In this case, the gun performed flawlessly.

Can't wait to see how many businesses will be ruined by the possible overturning of PLCAA.

Vintners, Distillers, and breweries can be sued for anything resulting from drunkenness. Car crashes. Alcoholism. Renal failure?
Hammer, golf club and baseball bat manufacturers can be sued if someone bludgeons someone else.
We can sue Henckels or the Leatherman company if someone gets stabbed with their products?
Rope companies if someone hangs themselves.
Car companies, obviously, for the amazing carnage their vehicles of death cause. Double up if the driver is drunk, amirite?
Sue parking garage owners when people jump off the top floor? Or do we find a way to sue gravity?

Last edited:
Yes and no. Take the ski industry. You ski down the hill, fall under normal conditions, hit a tree and get paralyzed. That industry would be gone in a day, as well as thousands of jobs and an entire industry built around the mountain. It is not the mountain's fault, it is yours.

I think the same argument is valid here. Not to mention it supports the argument that guns kill people, not that people kill people.

To the degree that a gun is defective, sure you should be able to sue. Oh, and you can.

Having given it some thought I’m now disagreeing with my previous post. Relying on judges and juries for protection is a huge mistake.

United States has 281 lawyers per 100,000 population, compared to to Japan 11 per 100,000. Suing people is a big part of the GDP here, the more lawsuits
the better, as far as the legislatures are concerned.

It will be overturned. This isn't the first time.

But every year the Dems introduce federal legislation to repeal the existing law. Friends don't let friends vote Democrat. And if they steal this election, well that will be one more item cited in the 2nd declaration of independence.

Consumer Protection laws will be used as an end run around the 2A. If AWBs are shot down, you bet every rifle gets 'Glocked' by the AG.

This fits right in down there in PA.
They sell all the good fireworks there, but only to non residents
If you want to buy more than a 6 pack you have to go to a beer distributor, but the distributor cannot sell you less than a 12 pack.
Lets see what else, o ya the state cops have red lights on their cruisers.
So many T type intersections where the stop sign is on the right of way, not at the top of the tee.
The list goes on....
Actually, you can buy any type of fireworks as a resident.I did buy a lot of it before I have moved last year out of Poconos.
You can buy single bottles, 4 pks, 6 pks, 12 pks at any IGA/ Weiss stores. And others. I don't recall the names.

Keep in mind the situation spurring this isn't a matter of someone intentionally doing something bad with a gun, then blaming the manufacturer.

Its a matter of a claim that firing upon removing the magazine is a safety issue.

Of course it is not, it is actually normal operation and anything different is an exception to the rule.

But nothing to my knowledge has ever protected gun manufacturers from defective or unsafe products, ie if a new rifle blow up in your face, or the safety mechanism fails, to my knowledge the manufacturer has always been potentially liable.

Actually, you can buy any type of fireworks as a resident.I did buy a lot of it before I have moved last year out of Poconos.
You can buy single bottles, 4 pks, 6 pks, 12 pks at any IGA/ Weiss stores. And others. I don't recall the names.
Wow! I See now that law changed in 2017. Good for residents.
Is it still distributors only selling cases and kegs?

Qualified immunity for Me, but not for Thee

Also - what the actual Hell?

I thought we sued manufacturers when their products DON'T work as expected? In this case, the gun performed flawlessly.

Can't wait to see how many businesses will be ruined by the possible overturning of PLCAA.

Vintners, Distillers, and breweries can be sued for anything resulting from drunkenness. Car crashes. Alcoholism. Renal failure?
Hammer, golf club and baseball bat manufacturers can be sued if someone bludgeons someone else.
We can sue Henckels or the Leatherman company if someone gets stabbed with their products?
Rope companies if someone hangs themselves.
Car companies, obviously, for the amazing carnage their vehicles of death cause. Double up if the driver is drunk, amirite?
Sue parking garage owners when people jump off the top floor? Or do we find a way to sue gravity?
Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger is intentional

PA seems like a nice place(outside the cities of course) but there are always stories like this popping up that make me think otherwise. Higher tax burden then you would think as well.

Here's the funny part - Berke Breathed mocked this nearly 35 years ago.

Ai4QEjY.png

(Sean Penn attacks Steve Dallas for taking pix of him and Madonna. Spoof on the actual happening of Penn/Madonna.)

What they need to do is target PA based manufacturing companies. Launch literally a million frivolous lawsuits and sue the STATE as an accessory in each and every case, for licensing the business and collecting payouts (taxes).

Wow! I See now that law changed in 2017. Good for residents.
Is it still distributors only selling cases and kegs?
For now, I believe so. But almost all the grocery stores sell the ubiquitous 6 and 12 packs. I assume that will change soon( cases/kegs) based on what I have heard.

Back
Top Bottom