• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pemigewasset Valley Fish and Game Club, NH

I went up to NH this weekend to visit my folks. They are holding my Mod 98 Mauser (granddad gave me it for my first deer rifle). It was 'sporterized' sometime in the late 40s I believe and it's had the same Weaver C4 scope on it since then. Well, the scope recently died and we put a new Bushnell 3-9 on it. We needed a place to sight in it.

So we joined the Pemigewasset Valley Fish and Game Club. It's a $20 yearly membership and a $5 range fee every time you shoot, unless you puirchase the $75 year round range fee. It has two outdoor rifle/pistol ranges that are in great shape and covered. It has an indoor pistol range that I can't speak on, because we didn't use it. Also, there are 3D archery ranges and a trap range. All very well kept. As we drove away, it appeared as though there might have been a CAS setup too. Not sure.

We met the man that concieved of the place, a retired veternarian named Fred who isn't shy about telling you how proud he is of the place, as well he should be. (He's also not ashamed to tell you how much work he's put into it and how he tracks down the people that try to shoot for free). They take safety seriously and we saw many people there with their kids.

All in all it's a very nice place that's clean, well kept, and very usefull. If you're in central NH, I'd give it a shot. They have a good website:

www.pemi.org

Anyone here a member?

I had a vaction home in Ashland for 12 years, I use to go there all the time. Great place, fantasic people and in general a real pleasure to use.

It's changed a lot over the last 20 years, the members have done a lot of hard work and looks nothing like it use to.

Ashland and Holderness are great places to live.

Thread RUSURRECTION!

I was just going to start a post to ask about this place and I did a good NES member search thingy and stumbled on here.

I'm moving in that general direction and am looking for a club to join.

Are there any other members with input about the pemi or any other clubs in the area to recommend?

I became a member there recently. It seems like they have a lot of well run events there. I have been to a couple of archery shoots there before I became a member. The ranges are good. It is nice to have the option for indoor shooting also.

Im a member there also. Love the place even though its a little bit of a drive from manchester. But well worth it, I got with a few friends and make it a day up there. The Pemi club has a 1000 yard high powee range in the works. I dunno if it is completed yet I haven't been up since last fall. I have never had any issues and other members are always friendly. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just looking for a range buddy one day.:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Im a member there also. Love the place even though its a little bit of a drive from manchester. But well worth it, I got with a few friends and make it a day up there. The Pemi club has a 1000 yard high powee range in the works. I dunno if it is completed yet I haven't been up since last fall. I have never had any issues and other members are always friendly. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just looking for a range buddy one day.:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sadly, the 1,000 yd. range is stalled out. [sad]

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...s/176363-longest-rifle-range.html#post2652215

Apparently this is the price one pays for trying to be nice & polite when dealing with antis.

Back
Top Bottom