Pelosi announces formal Trump impeachment inquiry

I think we're losing sight of what is at the root of all of this.... BIDEN'S CRIMES and the OBAMA administration's crimes. Obama/Biden threatened to withhold aid unless the prosecutor investigating his son was fired. THAT IS A CRIME. It's also an impeachable offense. That is textbook definition of using presidential powers for personal and political gain. The very thing they now charge Trump with.

The bottom line is Biden and Obama leveraged Presidental power for personal gain and are also guilty of extortion. All Trump was trying to do was shine a light on that. How can you argue that prosecuting actual criminal activity is illegal and now impeachable... Is that seriously where we've gotten to as a country?

Soooo.... that makes Trump the whistle-blower?

I think we're losing sight of what is at the root of all of this.... BIDEN'S CRIMES and the OBAMA administration's crimes. Obama/Biden threatened to withhold aid unless the prosecutor investigating his son was fired. THAT IS A CRIME. It's also an impeachable offense. That is textbook definition of using presidential powers for personal and political gain. The very thing they now charge Trump with.

The bottom line is Biden and Obama leveraged Presidental power for personal gain and are also guilty of extortion. All Trump was trying to do was shine a light on that. How can you argue that prosecuting actual criminal activity is illegal and now impeachable... Is that seriously where we've gotten to as a country?
I have very, very little optimism that anything will stick to Biden or those around him. The most I see happening is it dinging his standing in the polls.

The argument that putting the transcript on a highly classified system equals trying to hide it is a specious red herring. Just because something is put on a classified system does not make it classified. Unclassified stuff get put on classified systems/networks ALL the time.

I don’t know why I even bothered talking to people who clearly aren’t interested in listening because they already know Trump and everyone around him is right and could never do anything wrong and anyone that alleges otherwise is themselves wrong.

It’s literally exactly the same but in inverse as the left, who already know Trump is wrong and every allegation about him is true.

I’d have thought you would be actually interested in the truth and facts ESPECIALLY since it appears they’d vindicate Trump. Guess I was wrong.

You may all now continue with your Trump suckfest.
No "Trump Suckfest", we're at war and the Leftists started it. The only crime Trump committed was beating Hillary in 2016 and the Dems have stated he must be impeached so he can't be re-elected. See that moron Al Greene's statement recently. Do I care if Trump tried to pressure the Ukrainian President? NO! Happens every day in politics and business. The "whistle blower" is a partisan hack, part of the deep State/swamp which also wants Trump gone because he is not one of them. We are watching our govt. out itself and it's not pretty. Anyone who doesn't believe the next 13 months are critical to the Nations survival ain't paying attention. We have celebrities, pundits and supposedly loyal Americans hoping for an economic collapse or a war with Iran/NK to derail Trumps re-election. We are in dangerous times but we all know now our govt. has been corrupted not by Donald J. Trump but by the career bureaucrats that lurk in the shadows. Re-electing Donald J. Trump is the only way to reclaim our country from the swamp creatures in DC.

I have very, very little optimism that anything will stick to Biden or those around him. The most I see happening is it dinging his standing in the polls.

I agree. While it’s kinda hard to explain a $50K/mo consulting fee for someone w zero knowledge/experience and a dad w/ connections, it’ll be nearly impossible to legally prove a quid pro quo without a smoking gun and these people are smart enough to avoid that. He was never going to be the nominee anyway, but this certainly doesn’t help his chances. It will, however, put things in better perspective re the Trump situation since there won’t be any smoking gun there either.

So a transcript that was just released to the entire public by Trump is so sensitive it is required to be top secret? And sharing that information with the Intelligence Comitees of Congress is a violation of the Espionage Act?

Or maybe the transcript isn’t sensitive and was only ever classified because people wanted to hide it? No. That just cannot be!

It was classified as S/NF which is Secret and Don't Show to Foreign Nationals. This is the second-highest classification. Information is classified Secret when its unauthorized disclosure would cause "serious damage" to national security. Most information that is classified is held at the secret sensitivity. Disclosure of Top secret would "expect to cause grave damage".

Rules for classification are that material is classified by the classifier, so if I'm classifying something I get to pick the level. It can be contested and can be changed. I'd guess all of The President's phone calls with foreign officials are S/NF. You can't have heads of state telling everyone what they discussed or nobody would participate in an open conversation. Trump spoke with the President of Ukraine before declassifying it and he said "Sure, no problem". That's the proper way to handle it.

"
Washington scandals are moving at a record pace. It was only a week ago that The New York Times launched its unfair hit piece on Brett Kavanaugh. This is the Trump-era news cycle. Scandals that used to go on for months now seem to end in hours. Nothing illustrates this better than the bizarre Ukraine story we're all living through. A week ago, no one had even heard of it. Then we were on the brink of impeachment because of it, and now it seems it may be over already.

The same angry news anchors who brought you Stormy Daniels and the Russia hoax now want you to know Big Orange's days in the White House are over. Why? Because Donald Trump, they say, threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless Ukraine did something bad to Joe Biden and his family. Supposedly, Trump was finished.

Once again, the mob turned out to be wrong. The administration released a transcript of the president's phone call with the Ukrainian head of state, and it says none of the things the news anchors claimed it would. Read it for yourself. It's online. Try to find the extortion in there. There isn't any. Trump never even mentions military aid. There's certainly something unseemly about a president asking a foreign government to investigate an American citizen, but it's not illegal, and it's not all that different from three Democratic senators' writing a letter to Ukraine just last year demanding investigations into Trump.

Now that the call turns out to be nothing like what the media told us it would be, some on the left have started a conspiracy theory that the transcript can't be real; it must be doctored. These conspiracies aren't confined to weird corners of the internet. Democratic leaders Chuck Schumer and Adam Schiff have already questioned the trustworthiness of the transcript, despite the fact that there's no evidence of wrongdoing. Numerous career national security officials -- many not fans of our president -- have access to the original call and would have to be in on any conspirac

What's driving all this insanity? Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, has been more honest about it than most. Green admitted it straight up: "I'm concerned that if we don't impeach this president, he will get reelected."
Understanding the Impeachment Charade

As far as security Clearances go I have held a SECRET clearance since 1986 and held a Top Secret for 10 years in the 90's. I have no idea how these swamp creatures keep leaking info from the WH/DOJ/FBI and are not investigated, arrested and prosecuted. I have attended many briefings over the years on security and been briefed on the consequences we face over leaking or giving out info to non-cleared people, never mind the media.

This is way worse than that. He was holding a copy of the released transcript but making up quotes as he spoke. He later went on CNN trying to claim it was parody.

This is way worse than that. He was holding a copy of the released transcript but making up quotes as he spoke. He later went on CNN trying to claim it was parody.

It wasn't parody, it was deliberate to get the lies recorded in the official congressional record so that the press & future historians can misleadingly run with the falsehoods as factual statements.

It is straight up sedition and Shit for brains should be kicked off the committee in addition to being censured for that blatant misconduct.

It was classified as S/NF which is Secret and Don't Show to Foreign Nationals. This is the second-highest classification. Information is classified Secret when its unauthorized disclosure would cause "serious damage" to national security. Most information that is classified is held at the secret sensitivity. Disclosure of Top secret would "expect to cause grave damage".

Rules for classification are that material is classified by the classifier, so if I'm classifying something I get to pick the level. It can be contested and can be changed. I'd guess all of The President's phone calls with foreign officials are S/NF. You can't have heads of state telling everyone what they discussed or nobody would participate in an open conversation. Trump spoke with the President of Ukraine before declassifying it and he said "Sure, no problem". That's the proper way to handle it.

Which seems appropriate, does it not? Would you want Russia privvy to a conversation between an American and Ukranian President?

"
Even before seeing the transcript of the July 25 call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Nancy Pelosi threw the door wide open to the impeachment of Donald Trump by the Democratic House.

Though the transcript did not remotely justify the advanced billing of a "quid pro quo," Pelosi set in motion a process that is already producing a sea change in the politics of 2020.

The great Beltway battle for the balance of this year, and perhaps next, will be over whether the Democrats can effect a coup against a president many of them have never recognized as legitimate and have sought to bring down since before he took the oath of office.

Pelosi on Tuesday started this rock rolling down the hill.

She has made impeachment, which did not even come up in the last Democratic debate, the issue of 2020. She has foreclosed bipartisan compromise on gun control, the cost of prescription drugs and infrastructure. She has just put her own and her party's fate and future on the line."
Patrick Buchanan: Joe Biden: Impeachment's First Casualty

It wasn't parody, it was deliberate to get the lies recorded in the official congressional record so that the press & future historians can misleadingly run with the falsehoods as factual statements.

It is straight up sedition and Shit for brains should be kicked off the committee in addition to being censured for that blatant misconduct.
Yup, the Republicans need to get his Drama class expunged from the record.

Can you imagine if the Republicans attacked Obama they way the Dems and the lame stream media attack Trump? The Media would be up in arms, there would be massive protests and chaos in the streets and in DC. We must NEVER FORGET this assault on America and us, the Dems have shown their true colors and it ain't Red, White and Blue.

The thing is people give Trump a pass for behavior that would not pass muster in other officials. They say he's just being himself, but
why did he suspend the aid to Ukraine in the first place. It sure smells like he wanted leverage to ask his 'favor'.

That said, I'm not in favor of impeachment over this, but I am in favor of not voting for him in the next election.

Why were we giving aid to the Ukraine in the first place. Californian Homeless need it most!

the Dims cannot beat trump 2020 by votes. they need a trojan horse, which is by definition ”whistleblowers” within .gov that can claim “trump was in on it”. trump and his people know this.

so how do you fight rigged whisteblowers? you create decoy leaks to trap political enemies into unsubstantiated path of self destruction. the entire “ukraine phone call” was trump serving the Dims a laxative just before impeachment picnic.

The times is fake newsing it by stating that trump was seeking help in re-election from ukraine......and the transcript proves that this assertion is in point of fact false

I went through the transcript twice. I'm sorry but me asking the bartender for extra napkins is not a request for a blow job on the roof. Nor wass this conversation request for assistance.
.if anything, it shows that Trump understands the Clinton Treaty and honors it.

Despite not possessing first hand knowledge, while I’m not sure it’s even a matter worth harping over, the content was accurate. The allegations of the phone conversation match that of the transcript just released. While I’m sure the complaint was politically motivated, the ability to inform congress on what you believed to be wrongdoing is vitaly important.

I’m positive that if a complaint was sent to Congress alleging misconduct with similar facts when Obama was President, you all would be acting just like the left is now. “Obama is suppressing whistleblowers!”

Whether the complaint is true or not, whether if it is true supports actual misconduct or not, isn’t relevant to the ability to make a complaint. These are two separate issues.

From what I’ve seen, and based on even the allegations in the complaint, I don’t see misconduct by Trump unless he personally knew about or instructed the complaint and transcripts of the phone call be suppressed. There may be others in the White House who are guilty of misconduct though.
But that’s a lie, isn’t it? They’ve already found it does NOT match up, and more inconsistencies keep being found. But you left wing loonies know if you keep repeating a lie, your useless idiots will believe it - even though the rest of us know you’re just a worthless liar and an enemy of decent people.

Despite not possessing first hand knowledge, while I’m not sure it’s even a matter worth harping over, the content was accurate. The allegations of the phone conversation match that of the transcript just released. While I’m sure the complaint was politically motivated, the ability to inform congress on what you believed to be wrongdoing is vitaly important.

I’m positive that if a complaint was sent to Congress alleging misconduct with similar facts when Obama was President, you all would be acting just like the left is now. “Obama is suppressing whistleblowers!”

Whether the complaint is true or not, whether if it is true supports actual misconduct or not, isn’t relevant to the ability to make a complaint. These are two separate issues.

From what I’ve seen, and based on even the allegations in the complaint, I don’t see misconduct by Trump unless he personally knew about or instructed the complaint and transcripts of the phone call be suppressed. There may be others in the White House who are guilty of misconduct though.
But it never would have happened during the Obama admin because the swamp was intertwined with Barry's minions. I don't recall any whistle blower complaints, even when Lois Lerner was exposed and Hillary's email dump was acknowledged NOTHING happened because the media backed them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that while this impeachment is going on, the pres can't nominate a supreme court justice? Jack.

I'm pretty sure he can. He is still the president, and still maintains all duties and responsibilities. The impeachment is only an accusation at this point.

It is becoming clear that this is going to be a no holds barred dirty fight to the death. The MA RINO governor is siding with the lawless Demonrats. We are in uncharted territory, if you have let other people carry water about this stuff in the past, dig deep and at least let all of your elected officials know you are not in favor of impeachment. Soros is funding much of this attack against the Republic, these are serious times my friends.

Back
Top Bottom