Pelosi announces formal Trump impeachment inquiry

I guess the moron dimwit Democrats feel they operate better when in the minority of the executive, judicial and legislative branches because that's exactly what they've set up with their stupidity on all of this to happen in 2020. I'm pretty sure any good and noble president would want to know, and go after, his own mother if she was dealing in corruption in a foreign country, never mind the former VP. Isn't that the job of the president to want to protect us from enemies foreign and domestic?

I guess the moron dimwit Democrats feel they operate better when in the minority of the executive, judicial and legislative branches because that's exactly what they've set up with their stupidity on all of this to happen in 2020. I'm pretty sure any good and noble president would want to know, and go after, his own mother if she was dealing in corruption in a foreign country, never mind the former VP. Isn't that the job of the president to want to protect us from enemies foreign and domestic?
All I know is that both the left and the right by and large seem convinced it helps their side.

I see lots of conservatives saying this will energize their base and make centrists "annoyed" at the Democrats.
I see tons of liberals saying this will "expose Trump" and lay bare bad things they claim he has done, and disintegrate his support.

I guess if each side thinks it will be a net benefit, we might as well get on with it.

Looks like Trump might be joining Andrew Johnson and Clinton as the third president to be impeached.

Is this the democrats way of saying "We know we can't stop him from being reelected, so we have to impeach him" [rofl]

The fun thing is, of course, if this fails, they're basically re-electing trump.

-Mike
Hard to say--as I said, I hear a lot of Republicans saying "this guarantees his re-election" and I see a lot of Democrats saying this will hurt him, as you know the news cycle is going to do 24 hour hit pieces and non-discerning people are only going to hear the sound bites (like with Russia-gate).

While he has little likelihood of being removed due to Republican control of the Senate, I wouldn't underestimate a potential negative effect on the election. Low info voters are gonna get the soundbites and might be put off.

Or it could have the opposite effect...since we only have two prior impeachments to work with, not a lot of history to work with.

Hard to say--as I said, I hear a lot of Republicans saying "this guarantees his re-election" and I see a lot of Democrats saying this will hurt him, as you know the news cycle is going to do 24 hour hit pieces and non-discerning people are only going to hear the sound bites (like with Russia-gate).

While he has little likelihood of being removed due to Republican control of the Senate, I wouldn't underestimate a potential negative effect on the election. Low info voters are gonna get the soundbites and might be put off.

Or it could have the opposite effect...since we only have two prior impeachments to work with, not a lot of history to work with.

That's cute that the democrats think that, except they've been doing the non-stop 24 hour hit pieces against trump going back to when it looked like he was going to be the
republican nominee. I guess they think it will somehow be different by being able to say the word "impeachment" every 10 seconds along with "trump russia possible collusion" etc.

Someone better get out the tracksuits.... [rofl]

-Mike

I have never seen a political party just explode into a pile of blue goo like this. My only guess is that they know they are doomed and so maybe if they throw a poison pill down the drain they can take other people with them? I don't know but it's a mighty stupid move on the part of democrats.

That's cute that the democrats think that, except they've been doing the non-stop 24 hour hit pieces against trump going back to when it looked like he was going to be the
republican nominee. I guess they think it will somehow be different by being able to say the word "impeachment" every 10 seconds along with "trump russia possible collusion" etc.

Someone better get out the tracksuits.... [rofl]

-Mike

Yeah, it seems a little desperate, especially when Trump is willing to release the transcript of the call. I think Biden called his bluff and Trump answered...he must have assumed Trump would refuse and it would look shady.

I think it's more likely to help the Republicans, but I think a lot of people already have their minds made up. If you are a Trump die-hard, virtually nothing is going to change your mind. And if you're an "Orange Man bad" type, nothing Trump does will ever placate you, even if it's the exact thing you wanted him to do.

I think the only way this has major consequences is if something that is truly a revelation comes out, either something undeniably bad on Trump's side or something that backfires spectacularly for the Democrats and implicates some of them...otherwise, I suspect that the Senate would acquit, and it's back to square one.

Keep throwing crap against the wall and maybe some of it will stick.

Timing on this is perfect for the Dem’s. If they do impeach it will hit
just in time for the 2020 election.

I think it will back fire on them.

I also seem to see a non-negligible amount of leftists thinking that if they actually formally impeach him it really means anything, especially in the short term...do they not know the Republican senate is 99% likely to acquit? Do they not understand the process? Are they that desperate for some sort of victory--however fleeting and hollow--that they just want to claim this as a W?

Probably a combination of these.

Keep throwing crap against the wall and maybe some of it will stick.

Timing on this is perfect for the Dem’s. If they do impeach it will hit
just in time for the 2020 election.

I think it will back fire on them.
I mean, let's face it. They have to impeach him now. For something, anything.

Can you imagine Pelosi having to go in front of the cameras and announce anything different? It would be a huge coup for Trump and guarantee his re-election. It would basically exonerate him and show that the Democrats have nothing.

I see this as one of two things:
a.) a Hail mary
b.) bad news--that after all the hemming and hawing they really did find something, and are finally ready to move forward with "slam dunk" stuff.

I highly suspect it's the former.

Bring it. They will lose the house for sure. Everyone but the 700,000 people who watch CNN and MSNBC are so sick of Democrat BS, this just puts them firmly in the insane column. Clinton actually deserved impeachment, and it hurt the Republican cause.

Stupid move, politically. Pelosi was right on this one.

I’m not fond of Presidents who break the law, though. I suspect that if Obama allegedly suppressed a whistleblower complaint, NES’ reaction would be slightly different.

I’ll still vote for him, though. SCOTUS or bust.

So if President Trump is impeached and removed, then President Pence resigns are we then talking President Pelosi?
Yes, we would be looking at President Pelosi. I'd say about 0.0001% chance of that, though. I haven't heard anyone say anything implicating Pence.

I can't see Trump resigning either, they'd have to take him kicking and screaming.

I think at this point just about any sane person, either R or D is sick of all this lefty bullsh!t. The Dems are doomed in 2020 regardless of anything they try to pull. R's will take back the house, sweep the Senate, Trump 2020, MAGA!

"Two men enter" ... "One man leaves"

I say put a high-up Democrat and a high-up Republican in the Thunderdome®

and let the winner decide...

project-thunderdome-cc.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, both sides have broken the Constitutional Deal...

"Break a Deal" ... "Face the Wheel"

iu

BeyondThunderdome-Banner044.jpg

This is not a zero sum game. Trumps currency gets diminished internationally, and our politics at home gets more tribal. No matter how this ends, a lot will be lost.

They actually think they are getting 2/3rds in the senate?

I don’t think they do. I think Pelosi knows damn well this is a bad plan, and is pissed that she’s been forced to it.

She’s a horrible human being, but she does know how Washington works. She’s juggling her own problems in her party right now.

Back
Top Bottom