• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelham?? No more IDPA ??

I'm a new member of the club and i emailed them the other day, seems they lost the people to run the matches. I joined the club for those great action pits, hate to see them go to waste. I've been practicing classifier there last couple of weeks. I shoot USPSA but want to get into IDPA too. I'm going to feel everyone out at the next members meeting and bounce an idea i have off any the remaining action pistol guys. If we can get anything going again sure bet it will get posted here.
-Craig

re:

the TAG is toast too, i asked about everything. thier website is not up to date. when i was poking around inside the clubhouse at the cork boards I found a sheet with dates for 2011 bowling pin shoots, Nice! but no sign of that on the site at all.

while we are talking about it why dont I float my idea out and see what you guys think.

Action Pistol Medley Shoot

3 stages

1 IDPA style
1 USPSA style
1 Steel Challenge style

Designed as an introduction for new shooters of action pistol sports, experienced shooters welcome.

IDPA and USPSA style stages will be shot twice, back to back. The best of the two scores will be used for the match results.

The Steel Challenge style stage will be shot 3 times and the best 2 scores will count towards the match results.

Winners for each stage will be determined by division and an overall match winner will be determined by ranking in each individual stage (not by actual times). For instance the overall winner would have the lowest total placements over the 3 stages. 3 1st place finishes would be the best possible (3 points) a 1st, 3rd and 5th would be 9 points.

The same equipment is not required to be used on all the stages.

Match cost is ? dollars.

Equipment needed

*A center fire pistol 9mm/38spc or larger
*Safe holster for pistol, the gun must be able to be reholstered without sweeping any body parts
*At least 150 rounds of ammo
*4-6 magazines or equivalent loaders (more is better!)
*Carriers for the magazines. (I will try to acquire extra single and double stack paddle style magazine holders for those in need)
*A concealment garment for the IDPA stage. (I will try to acquire a large and a small vest for those who do not have a suitable garment)
*Safety glasses
*Hearing protection

Do a search for the thread about the john kelly memorial match at harvard last year. That's pretty much the same idea. We did indoor low light idpa, outdoor idpa, uspsa, steel challenge and walls of steel (knockdown steel). The scores were based on percentage of the stage winner. Ie if stage winner is 10 sec, he gets 100 points, 20 sec gets 50 points.

The jkelly match will be held again at harvard the last weekend in july. If you put together another similar match, I'll come shoot it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Sounds like there's a range with the facilities and some folks interested in getting a program going. If you start running USPSA or SC matches shooters will come. There are more and more shooters every month and people are looking for more opportunities to shoot these matches.

Sounds like there's a range with the facilities and some folks interested in getting a program going. If you start running USPSA or SC matches shooters will come. There are more and more shooters every month and people are looking for more opportunities to shoot these matches.

Brent,
Pelham has always had a water problem at the action ranges. I was there yesterday, the parking lot was under water, as was one range. The other 3 were above water, but with use be real muddy. In recent years they also seem to be using the ranges a lot for training classes.

Back
Top Bottom