• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelham Mass Chief: ‘Improperly stored arsenal’ described in trial

And the $64,000 question is WHY didn't he GTFO of Ma.

Probably because he believed somehow the BS was all behind him.

For the similar reasons people like Zimmerman didnt leave FL and go live in the middel of nowhere, USA. They are not self aware enough to understand that they are a
shitmagnet for problems or unwanted attention. Of course people are like "Well why should he do that?" because usually some combination of bad circumstances lead to the
previous problem. It is wise when excaping shit like that to change the life circumstances or at least some of them. Hes probably like "well uh eyeme not a criminal I shuddint hafta do dat". but the world dont work that way. More often than not some predicable life circumstance lead to that original problem. It is best ot change as many of those circumstances as
possible. It is kind of ironic, but if you ever talk to an ex con that is what I would call "fully reformed" they all seem to EXACTLY understand this. "do not go back to those circumstances, or you will be seeing the system again. To prevent failure, repeat circumstances must change"

Some of it is just a MINDSET thing but moving somewhere else can help CHANGE ones mindset.

Probably because he believed somehow the BS was all behind him.
He reminds me of people who do things like shoplift with drugs from undocumented pharmacists in their pocket so there is an add-on charge if they are caught. Once he was on the radar screen, if he didn't move out of MA, he should have been sure he was totally clean - all mags verifiably pre-ban or low cap; secure storage that takes real work for the investigating police to render unsecure (like keeping guns in an ordnance locker, or safe if you prefer that term), observing all technicalities that nobody gets prosecuted for; etc. He would have been in much better shape if each of the guns in his house had a $3 trigger lock on it - but no, he was law abiding, a former police chief, found not guilty, etc..... nobody was going to bother him. And grizzly bear shit does not have bells in it :).

Right or wrong, legal or illegal, being associated with a fatal ballistically induced aperture in an 8 year old innocent kid out for a day of fun will leave a stain that never washed off.

The entire system is. The first go around he walked on a giant raft of shit they had thrown at him. The “system” doesn’t like being made sport of.
There is a prosecution mentality of "The courts provide justice, if we can get a conviction or plea, it means we have contributed positively to justice".

DAs offices are conviction factories, and their stock in trade is convictions, plea bargains and CWOFs in minor first offender type cases. Not Guilty and Nolle Prosse do not contribute to their production statistics.

Last edited:
There is a prosecution mentality of "The courts provide justice, if we can get a conviction or plea, it means we have contributed positively to justice".

DAs offices are conviction factories, and their stock in trade is convictions, plea bargains and CWOFs in minor first offender type cases. Not Guilty and Nolle Prosse do not contribute to their production statistics.
All I have to say is I fought the law and I won.....[wave]

And the $64,000 question is WHY didn't he GTFO of Ma.
It's the question he asks himself every single day of his life now that he is a PP. He could have moved right up the road into Vermont or New Hampshire and lived his life in peace with his gun collection, unmolested by the powers that be here in Massachusetts. [thinking]

He shoulda sworn off Demon Rum the day he beat the rap on the Westfield fiasco. Sitting in a bar and playing with the laser on a loaded gun and then catching a DUI before the case is settled pretty much handed the system all they needed to squash him like a bug.

Back
Top Bottom