• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelham Mass Chief: ‘Improperly stored arsenal’ described in trial

Reptile

NES Member
NORTHAMPTON — The trial of former Pelham police chief Edward Fleury opened Friday morning with the prosecutor describing an “improperly stored arsenal” of weapons found throughout his house.

Fleury is charged with 22 counts of improperly storing a firearm. The charges originate from a Sept. 11, 2014, search of Fleury’s home for a Glock handgun, which he allegedly pointed at a friend outside the Belchertown VFW in August 2014.

Fleury was acquitted in October 2016 of an assault with a dangerous weapon charge arising from the VFW incident, as well as two counts of improperly storing a firearm.

Hampshire Superior Court Judge Daniel Ford is presiding over the current trial.

In his opening statement, Assistant District Attorney Matthew Thomas said officers who searched Fleury’s home “found weapons in almost every room of this house.”

http://www.gazettenet.com/Trial-of-...ription-of-improperly-stored-arsenal-12519903

And I thought this story was about that older guy the property tax person called the police on and they took his firearms away in the back of a pickup.

This guy..Guilty![smile]

Shoe is on the other foot now..

- - - Updated - - -

And I thought this story was about that older guy the property tax person called the police on and they took his firearms away in the back of a pickup.

This guy..Guilty![smile]

Shoe is on the other foot now..

In his opening statement, Assistant District Attorney Matthew Thomas said officers who searched Fleury’s home “found weapons in almost every room of this house.”

Ah, Mass. Making criminals out of something that would be 100% legal in about 48 other states. [rolleyes]

Wonder if he at least stored his ammo in the original boxes.

Mine are all locked up, behind my front and back doors. That type of BS nonsense wouldn't fly around here.

Same here. Soooo glad that I left the New England cesspool

- - - Updated - - -

Mine are all locked up, behind my front and back doors. That type of BS nonsense wouldn't fly around here.

Same here. Soooo glad that I left the New England cesspool

Lock em up boys and girls. At least they're not giving him leeway for being an officer.

Oh, they would have under normal circumstances but google Fluery and Uzi and you will see they have had it out for this guy for over a decade. This is the third time they have taken him to a trial on something and this time they will get him and they will lock his ass up for decades on this one.

Oh, they would have under normal circumstances but google Fluery and Uzi and you will see they have had it out for this guy for over a decade. This is the third time they have taken him to a trial on something and this time they will get him and they will lock his ass up for decades on this one.

Typical antigun libtard witch hunt.

[FONT=&quot]He testified about finding a number of unsecured firearms, including two Beretta pistols in an unlocked case by a couch, and an assault rifle in a bag under the bed with a key in its trigger lock.

I dont get it, the rifle was locked..even with the key in it. It was still secured.
This whole thing smells fishy, i personally don't think the storage law is nessisary.[/FONT]

That depends on if the judge will play ball with the agenda.

The fact that there is a trial at all, instead of a standard CWOF deal, speaks to the nature of the situation.

Assuming the guns were actually unsecured, one must question the intelligence and planning ability of someone who knew the system was out to get him. He obviously did not read the "Do not feed the bears" sign.
[FONT=&amp]Fleury was acquitted in October 2016 of an assault with a dangerous weapon charge arising from the VFW incident, as well as two counts of improperly storing a firearm.[/FONT]
The fact that he still has an LTC after being found not guilty in MA means he either received LEO courtesy or had the LTC issues by a PD that actually believes in due process and innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:
I have a friend that had dealings with him while he was Chief.
Whatever bad karma this guy has in his life , he's more than earned it.

or had the LTC issues by a PD that actually believes in due process and innocent until proven guilty.

Doesn't sound like any PD in Ma to me

- - - Updated - - -

or had the LTC issues by a PD that actually believes in due process and innocent until proven guilty.

I did once speak to a licensing officer who told me he issued an LTC to a resident who had a murder charge on his rap sheet, but beat it (self defense).

Too bad it was not in my own town though.

I figured the same. He must have stepped on the wrong set of loafers lmao.

I have a friend that had dealings with him while he was Chief.
Whatever bad karma this guy has in his life , he's more than earned it.

This. I live in a neighboring town and pass through Pelham every day. He is a douchebag who once fired off a round during a gun safety training course.

I've always felt that one of our most sacred traditions is that what one person does in the privacy of their home is their own business. But I would like to know exactly where in the constitution the government has the power to dictate how people must behave in the privacy of their home.

I've always felt that one of our most sacred traditions is that what one person does in the privacy of their home is their own business. But I would like to know exactly where in the constitution the government has the power to dictate how people must behave in the privacy of their home.
This all ****ing day !!

But, it's for the children, doncha know?

every time I see one of these threads I have to wonder why y'all continue to live in Mass

For some professions, including mine, the best jobs are clustered in CA and MA. There are some in NY, NJ, and CT. In some cases one could live in adjacent state and spend about 3 hours in the car each day commuting. Name your poison.

This. I live in a neighboring town and pass through Pelham every day. He is a douchebag who once fired off a round during a gun safety training course.

x3, haven't heard much good about the guy.

still not sure I agree with the charges however.

I actually got to be a fly on the wall at a lgs when this guy walked in.
This was about 7-10 years ago. He was dressed in some sort of tactical jumpsuit and duty belt.
He looked pretty silly. Then he stated talking and went from silly to scary real quick.

I actually got to be a fly on the wall at a lgs when this guy walked in.
This was about 7-10 years ago. He was dressed in some sort of tactical jumpsuit and duty belt.
He looked pretty silly. Then he stated talking and went from silly to scary real quick.
So we should lock him up for sure and throw away the key. Safe storage after all, right? Some of his guns (10% apparently) weren't 100% locked up when the cops tricked him into leaving and then made his licensed wife leave too. Poor taste in clothing as well. It's for the children after all. [thinking]

Hopefully, the jury will see the lengths the police went to (i.e., multiple lies and misdirection) in order to entrap him on a worthless "safe storage" charge, including the forced removal of his (fully licensed) wife from the premises before she could put away or lock up the couple's unsecured guns. This stinks to high heaven. Just another step in the seemingly endless persecution of this guy... and I don't care if some people hate him for the Uzi incident, where he wasn't even present, or for him being a flaming a-hole at times back in his cop days. Unless I missed something, being a flaming a-hole is not typically a felony offense even though some people would like it to be. [thinking]

if I KNEW the DA had a hard on to lock me up...i would be storing my guns so squeeky cleanly that they could take a video for use in the Basic Fireams Safety course of my setup. Why did this guy beg for them to arrest him?

if I KNEW the DA had a hard on to lock me up...i would be storing my guns so squeeky cleanly that they could take a video for use in the Basic Firearms Safety course of my setup. Why did this guy beg for them to arrest him?
The cops lied and successfully tricked him into leaving his house to go to the police station. Yes, ~10% of his 200+ gun collection was not locked up at that moment in time... but his licensed wife was still there and there are no other children or persons in the household. I'm sure he thought he was covered by his licensed wife being there.

Then the cops came and forced his wife out of the house and went in. [hmmm] She was apparently not allowed time to lock up the unsecured guns.

Bingo, they had him. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom