PELHAM FISH & GAME CLUB

You have to hit the target, it's only 4'X5'. There is more to it than meets the eye and they don't want bullets leaving the property. Before you can shoot that one you have to do the 200 yard first, those targets are good size too I understand, or you can shoot and ring the bell at the end of the range, it's all good.

I want to use the indoor range so I have to shoot 50', one handed and get only 5 shots and all five have to be on a sheet of paper. I need to practice as I have only shot two handed and my short barrels are not all that accurate.

If you use a .22 you can not qualify for the 200 yard range, it has to be a larger bullet size.

i haven't been behind my bolt gun in longer than i'd like but i could ring a 4x5' target i'd wager. it's zeroed for 200 now but i'd need to re-check that.

Very interested in joining here - For the indoor range, does the target have to be at 50ft, or can I move it wherever I like?

Yup, 50 feet, one hand, 5 shots only and all 5 have to be on the paper, not all in the target circle, just on the paper.

Practice at the outdoor range. I have been going to the "action" bays and start at 25 feet to see where I need to correct and move yourself back from there until you suck and then get correcting yourself.

Last edited:
Yup, 50 feet, one hand, 5 shots only and all 5 have to be on the paper, not all in the target circle, just on the paper.

Practice at the outdoor range. I have been going to the "action" bays and start at 25 feet to see where I need to correct and move yourself back from there until you suck and then get correcting yourself.

Thanks. I understand that's to qualify, I'm interested in if you can shoot at 7-10 yards once qualified so that I may practice at a closer distance with my concealed carry.

That 50' target rule is standard at a lot of club's indoor ranges but it still sucks, especially when you're shooting something like a snubby. Or, if you're a new shooter you need to shoot only outdoors in the freezing weather because you haven't qualified. One hand qualifying is plain stupid.

That 50' target rule is standard at a lot of club's indoor ranges but it still sucks, especially when you're shooting something like a snubby. Or, if you're a new shooter you need to shoot only outdoors in the freezing weather because you haven't qualified. One hand qualifying is plain stupid.

I agree, the one handed is silly and hard for anyone with short barrels. Sounds like a FUD made the rules, but it is what it is.

Heard back from from Pelham FG and it looks like I am scheduled for an interview on October 7th and it looks like orientation is a few saturdays after

all visitors shooting as a guest with a member are required to sign a waiver and drop it off at the club each and every time you go. Kind of a nuisance but you can download them from their website, sign a bunch and toss em in your range bag.

What is the visitor policy?

Strict.

Upon entering the property, visitors must sign a liability release. Member and guest cannot shoot at the same time. The member must be within arm's reach of their guest and watching closely as he/she shoots, ready to step in and stop the guest if any unsafe behavior is observed. Some of the ranges require a prior qualification (test) with a board member, and guests are not allowed to shoot on those ranges.

ETA: I was just reading through the new rule book, and I see that it is possible for guests to qualify at the Indoor Range, which is also required to use the Outdoor Turning Target And Bullseye Pistol Range.

Last edited:
I know it is NH, and we are all responisble for our own safety, but I think it falls on the BOD to notify people that there are carnivorous dinosaurs on the property! I mean, I had my bow, and I got three good hits on him, but I barely got away with my life!

photo-6.jpg

[grin]

I love it BTW, great set of 3-d and standard archery targets

How does the 600 yard range qualification work?

Is it:
Shoot at 200, hit the target, you are qualified for 200. Then do the same at 300, 400, 500 and 600?

Or, do they just ask you to hit a target at 200 yards so they can make sure you are not a full blown ******* and you actuality have your gun sighted?

How does the 600 yard range qualification work?

Is it:
Shoot at 200, hit the target, you are qualified for 200. Then do the same at 300, 400, 500 and 600?

Or, do they just ask you to hit a target at 200 yards so they can make sure you are not a full blown ******* and you actuality have your gun sighted?

Since broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables, I'll see if I can help. [laugh]

It's all or nothing when qualifying on the 600-yard range. IOW, you don't get qualified to shoot at just 200 or 300, etc. The main thing is they want to see that you know how to use your sights to keep your rounds on paper so no bullets ever leave the range. Shooting is done at 200, 300 and then 600. You get some sighters at each shooting station, and then they want to see you put 10 rounds in a row in the black.

As long as you know your rifle and have fair fundamentals, it's not that hard to do because the 7-rings are big (same targets as an NRA high power match). You can use a bipod or sandbag, but I qualified using just a sling. You can use a scope, if you want.

Moving to Billerica on Saturday... I've shot at PF&G a few times with a fellow NES member/member of PF&G.
I've read the application process etc. I'll need another member to vouch for me [smile]

I thought someone from their BoD was on here, can we skip the formalities and cut straight to the membership dues and tour/safety review [smile]

Last edited:
Is their rule book available publicly? I would like to know what rules they have for the different ranges. How busy does it get on summer weekends?

The only thing I could find was this about qualifying to shoot indoors:
qualification for Indoor range. A member may qualify for use of this range by hitting a standard 50 foot target with five (5) consecutive shots in bulls eye fashion (one hand) as witnessed by the Safety Committee Chairperson or his/her designee. The annual Indoor Pistol Range dues will be collected upon qualification to use the range. You must provide your own firearm and ammunition.

I believe you need to qualify to shoot at the 200 yard range and the 600 yard outdoor ranges as well.

A member on here should come by to help you out with the club's range rules.

Is their rule book available publicly? I would like to know what rules they have for the different ranges. How busy does it get on summer weekends?

AFAIK, the rule book for the ranges is not available anywhere a non-member could easily get it. Recently, a nice new set of range rules was published, and the booklet has a red cover. Perhaps you can find a member who lives near you who will show it to you over a beer?

If anyone has specific questions that are not answered earlier in this thread, I may be able to help (either here or through PM).

Obviously, some ranges are busier than others, so it depends upon what you're trying to accomplish. If there is an event going on (action pistol matches, high power matches, The Summit, open house, etc.), it's possible that you wouldn't be allowed to use the range you want on a particular weekend.

Back
Top Bottom