• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelham Fish & Game Club Land Sale

I have a house about a mile to a mile and a half from Pelham

On a Sunday morning I can tell when it is 0900

I love the sound of freedom
Mile and a half is not the same as the people that will live next to it if this passes.

I always lived close to a range ... I used to live about 1/2 mile from Braintree, 1.5 miles from Pembroke and my parents moved maybe 2 to 3 miles from Westford.

We could hear the gun shots but it wasn't bad at all.

Being 300 yards trying to have a BBQ and hearing people shooting hundreds of rounds must be annoying AF.

But, the range was there first, so f*ck those people and their crying.

^^^ I see no reason to suspect any of that. However, the lack of information will naturally make people wonder and speculate!

I'm starting to really regret not rearranging my schedule so that I could have been there for the vote count.

I'd also like to know more about this:
So I see on the town bulletin board an application to replace the caretakers old mobile home with a new one.

2 bed. 2 bath, and a new septic system

What is the "application" for, a zoning issue? And I wonder if that's connected to this possible land sale in any way.

kingfisher_cropped_101x78.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if many of those votes are just "the board proposed it so it must be good."
That makes them even more retarded, the worst kind of member to have.

444 peoppe are f*cking idiots and that board needs to go.

They will try it again, don't be surprised if this becomes a yearly thing. Developers want the land, someone on the board is making money (guaranteed).

But damn they have a few short sighted members.
Never give up land.
I’m a member of PFG and I absolutily love it. It’s got everything and even though I’m in MA, I’m 30 mins away. After Parkland when the Red Flag talk exploded I was at the bench range and there were some fellas talking about how they support red flag laws and such, and good gun owners have nothing to worry about. All of them were from NH. There is a lot of ignorance out there, I’m sure they were all in on the sale😂

I’m a member of PFG and I absolutily love it. It’s got everything and even though I’m in MA, I’m 30 mins away. After Parkland when the Red Flag talk exploded I was at the bench range and there were some fellas talking about how they support red flag laws and such, and good gun owners have nothing to worry about. All of them were from NH. There is a lot of ignorance out there, I’m sure they were all in on the sale😂
There is definitely something strange in the water there. The Pelham club was part of Greater Lowell Trap League up until the point someone up there required signed hold harmless agreements in order to compete there.
In the end the result was we just didn’t compete at Pelham and they were no longer part of it.

Funny Pelham story: they advertised on their website a 600yd prone match. It said "Pelham members are encouraged to attend".
My buddy up here wanted to nail down a zero on a rifle he had just put a new front sight on. He drove down, 2-1/2 hours, and the gate is closed. He waits a few minutes and someone shows up, unlocks the gate, and my buddy follows him in. The guy stops and asks him "Uh, you need to be a member to shoot here". My buddy says "Yeh, there's a prone match today on the 600yd range". The guy says "Huh, well I guess that's ok".
So my buddy drives up to where the shooters are gathering. They ask him "Can we help you?" He says "Yes, I'm here to sign up for the match".
"Are you a member?"
"No, but the match bulletin didn't say you needed to be"
"I'm sorry, but this match is for members only; you're gonna have to leave"
"Seriously? Nowhere does it say that on your website"
"Don't know what to tell you, guy"
So, he gets back in his vehicle and drives 2-1/2 hrs home. On the way to his van, he hears one of them say "Go back to Maine".

What a bunch of a**h***s.

Here's the funny part: one of the guys there asked him what he wanted to shoot for a rifle. He replies "I've got my Palma rifle with me"
"Huh. Never heard of that brand".

Funny Pelham story: they advertised on their website a 600yd prone match. It said "Pelham members are encouraged to attend".
My buddy up here wanted to nail down a zero on a rifle he had just put a new front sight on. He drove down, 2-1/2 hours, and the gate is closed. He waits a few minutes and someone shows up, unlocks the gate, and my buddy follows him in. The guy stops and asks him "Uh, you need to be a member to shoot here". My buddy says "Yeh, there's a prone match today on the 600yd range". The guy says "Huh, well I guess that's ok".
So my buddy drives up to where the shooters are gathering. They ask him "Can we help you?" He says "Yes, I'm here to sign up for the match".
"Are you a member?"
So, he gets back in his vehicle and drives 2-1/2 hrs home. On the way to his van, he hears one of them say "Go back to Maine".

Here's the funny part: one of the guys there asked him what he wanted to shoot for a rifle. He replies "I've got my Palma rifle with me"
When they first built their 600 yard range a few years back they ran some pretty good matches. I hope they get their shit together.

Unless attitudes change at that club and they do sell kiss that club goodbye!! It's a shame but a lot of southern NH has been invaded by libtards from Mass ands NY! My best friend lives in Northern NH and has a small farm. He said in he last 5 years even he has seen the same around there. When the wife and I do relocate it is Maine for us! Been hunting there in the North Woods for 50 years. As they say "The way life should be!" Good luck to the members that see the handwriting on the wall hopefully they don't sell!!

When they first built their 600 yard range a few years back they ran some pretty good matches. I hope they get their shit together.
It wasn't Bob who ran this match I'm talking about. It was some other clown.
Bob would have let him (Brian M) shoot if he was running it.

There is definitely something strange in the water there. The Pelham club was part of Greater Lowell Trap League up until the point someone up there required signed hold harmless agreements in order to compete there.
In the end the result was we just didn’t compete at Pelham and they were no longer part of it.
We require any non members shooting at our club to sign a waiver......even the trap league. Not really sure why that would be considered an issue it's standard practice at most clubs.

We require any non members shooting at our club to sign a waiver......even the trap league. Not really sure why that would be considered an issue it's standard practice at most clubs.

That wouldn't bother me all that much. Monadnock used to do this at all of the NES shoots they held. Just protects the club from some Wahoo that shows up and does something stupid.

any waiver or hold harmless agreement is easily defeated by a good lawyer in a lawsuit.
But lawyers often stay "get a waiver" while cautioning you of the risk it won't hold. It's just another tool to use in settlement negotiations.

I know one guy who shot himself in the leg at a gun club. Rather than sue the club, his worry was avoiding getting kicked out of the club. At least he had his priorities straight.

I belong to Pelham, decent club to me, because of the pits....do what you want. Also, they'll train you on the trap house if you want. so you could go up any given day with a buddy and shoot trap...rather than drag your Trius machine mounted to your spare tire.
The Fudds are usually on the 100yd utility range.

They were the first club we ran into requiring any waiver.
It clearly was an issue for the league.
No big deal at the end of the day because we had a lot of laughs without Pelham. No hard personal issues myself but I shot at a few clubs on teams and nobody else had us signing shit for anything so I’m respectfully calling BS on your ‘most clubs’ statement.

In any event I hope the smarter side wins this. Selling land AS A GUN CLUB IS JUST PLAIN STUPID!!!

I belong to Pelham, decent club to me, because of the pits....do what you want. Also, they'll train you on the trap house if you want. so you could go up any given day with a buddy and shoot trap...rather than drag your Trius machine mounted to your spare tire.
The Fudds are usually on the 100yd utility range.
And that’s where they were in awe of red flag laws😂. I live in the Pelham pits😂

"Are you a member?"

I agree with you on the way he was treated was shitty.

But also, zeroing a rifle at a match? ... isn't that an a**hole move?

Back
Top Bottom