Pelham Fish & Game Club Land Sale

There's no reason to NES this.

Negatively
Evaluate
Suspiciously

That happens entirely too often on this forum, and there's no evidence to suggest that the people running PF&G did, or would do, what you're suggesting.

So, let's not NES it up.

View attachment 706156

You know the land sale will happen, right? They will keep bringing this up and voting for it again and again, in various forms, until it goes through. It's not about being negative, but being realist, since there are obviously special interests going on at the club.

You know the land sale will happen, right? They will keep bringing this up and voting for it again and again, in various forms, until it goes through. It's not about being negative, but being realist, since there are obviously special interests going on at the club.
The membership would be wise to vote to remove the board members that keep proposing this stupidity if they want the club to exist in the future.

So, March 26th another presentation will take place at the members meeting for the indoor range proposal. They say a vote may happen but a vote to what specifics isn't stated. Don't know if it involves bringing up the land sale again so we shall see as they say.

And there we have it. Just over a year ago and now it appears again.
Why is this the common thing. Keep pestering until daddy gives me what I want.

As I said the membership e-mail is devoid of any facts. Just that a presentation will be made and a vote may happen. Other than that I am Sgt Schultz.

This is the same technique as Prop 2 1/2 overrides in MA.

Both share one thing in common - repeated votes and once the vote goes the way the politburo wants, repeat voting ends and steps are taken to make the decision irreversable.

Maybe the board needs to be replaced for considering a sale.

Selling that land is 1 of 2 things:
1. People are retarded. In which case they shouldn't be on the board.
2. Someone at the club is benefiting from that sale.

Isn't there a way to shut that down, like introducing a rule that club land can never be sold?

My club has 376 acres. We are trying to buy another 70+ while modernizing the club. Never, EVER, EVER sell land. Do whatever you have to, to NOT sell. Lease to a logging company to select cut. It will provide funds which will provide funding for as long as people want lumber.

Plus the largest acreage club will always attract the most members, because you can offer up more land to be used recreationally, long term.

Other option is appeal to your local SRT's (special response teams, aka rural SWAT) to do their tactical training at your club. You'll need some people with heavy equipment who are willing to operate it for the club to build the necessary ranges to accommodate them though. Having someone do it for you can be prohibitively expensive.

My club has 376 acres. We are trying to buy another 70+ while modernizing the club. Never, EVER, EVER sell land. Do whatever you have to, to NOT sell. Lease to a logging company to select cut. It will provide funds which will provide funding for as long as people want lumber.
If a club is in MA (I know Pelham is not) it can also save on taxes:

Forest Tax Program Chapter 61

Maybe the board needs to be replaced for considering a sale.

Selling that land is 1 of 2 things:
1. People are retarded. In which case they shouldn't be on the board.
2. Someone at the club is benefiting from that sale.

Isn't there a way to shut that down, like introducing a rule that club land can never be sold?
And if your serious there’s legal methods to guarantee it.

Well, I would hope that if the club intended to do something that impactful that night they would spell it out very clearly in the e-mail.

In my experience, they don't. Every email is vague. I don't know if that's their way of trying to get people to the meeting, general laziness, or a deliberate attempt to hide something.

In any case, it was annoying enough to me that I did not renew my membership.

Word has it a few yrs ago ev en that Pelham was controlled by "Those People" AKA some kind of weird power clique deal, usually when clubs get to that phase they start rotting
internally and becoming useless.

Word has it a few yrs ago ev en that Pelham was controlled by "Those People" AKA some kind of weird power clique deal, usually when clubs get to that phase they start rotting
internally and becoming useless.
I watched it happen a long time ago when Wang was the big player in the area.
Raised the dues above those of us who put a lot of sweat and beers into the club could easily afford so many of us left.

I'm a former member of a club in the Tucson area that had well over 600+ voting members.
Board meetings were held in a room with a legal capacity of 30. The board occupied about 40% 0f that.
When they wanted to pass stuff, it got to the "standing room only" stage. Otherwise there might be 10 members present and the board would vote on their own measures.
There eventually was an election and the old "regime" was out.
I eventually quit as the new boss was too much like the old boss but with a different agenda

If they do sell then Pelham deserves whatever befalls them. They're stupid and mostly Fudds.
Just like the fools at Monadnock who thought they could build ranges without the proper survey or even seeking legal advice.
Unfortunately these idiots destroy the future because of their stupidity or even worse their skinflint leadership style

Back
Top Bottom