Pelham Fish & Game 3 Gun Match - June 16, 2012

MATCH UPDATE -

Pelham Fish and Game has made a significant investment in steel targets. To protect this investment, we have decided to eliminate the Heavy Metal division. Given a maximum distance of 200 yards, we felt that .308 rounds will present too great a risk of damaging the targets.

John,
A normally jacketed (gilding metal) .308 will damage the steel less than .223.

I wasn't shooting the Remington, Mike F. was...he felt my past pain. I got the Saiga running. I was happy with the results, not one hiccup.

Mike, I opened like 5 links and posted in the wrong one...I'm not too bright sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sat.

See you guys sat!

BTW my 11-87 ran perfectly at the NB match... for me and for JAR after his boom stick went down on the first stage. The loading gate only bit him once and the blood was easy to wipe off. [smile]

Dan - I am finally going to break out of my ARs for this match. It has been quite a while. No AK this time. [wink]

See you guys sat!

BTW my 11-87 ran perfectly at the NB match... for me and for JAR after his boom stick went down on the first stage. The loading gate only bit him once and the blood was easy to wipe off. [smile]

Dan - I am finally going to break out of my ARs for this match. It has been quite a while. No AK this time. [wink]

Matt,
They can be funny, run for a long time, then just stop. Mark's will no longer run after about 15 quick rounds, it just binds up.

Matt,
They can be funny, run for a long time, then just stop. Mark's will no longer run after about 15 quick rounds, it just binds up.

Mine did that with the crap steel loads I had to use at a certain club. Stripped it down, dumped some Mobile one and have not had a problem since. (That said, it will probably puke all over the range Saturday) I still carry my 870 with me just in case [sad2]

This is like Christmas!!!!!![grin]

Mike C, the Indy match was fun, I still can't hit a bird in the air!!!!!![crying]

David E.

Good thing they only had one! You still did great.

I gotta find some time to get the AR out this week. I'm not sure I've shot it (or even cleaned it) since LAST YEAR'S Match in PA. [shocked]

"• Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun (BRM3G) rules."

Equipment is divided into "DIVISIONS". "CLASS" is a function of how well you shoot within any given Division.
I STILL blame Charlie for this. (may he RIP) and I still thank him for many other things including enforcing my first and only match DQ. Those that remember him, please feel free to say hi.

Last edited:
I gotta find some time to get the AR out this week. I'm not sure I've shot it (or even cleaned it) since LAST YEAR'S Match in PA. [shocked]

[/QUOTE

Leave it alone.......... You will be fine [laugh] Yeah, that's it Just fine
sneaky-evil-smily.gif

Good thing they only had one! You still did great.

Mike,
Just lube it. It will be fine, maybe.
Which Charlie do you refer?

Unlike some shooting games, Outlaw 3 gun (unsanctioned) matches go with the thought of " If it's not illegal, it's legal" instead of "If it's not cleared to be legal, it's illegal"

Well.. I kind of thought that magwells would be allowed, but got confused from this statement in the rules:
"6.1.2 Tactical Class
6.1.2.1 Handguns must be of a factory configuration."

This statement can have many meanings.

The "Factory Configuration" thing is common, with pistols and rifles. It's never been restrictive to the point of mag wells. The exclusions were listed, comps, ports, optics.

Please accept our thank you in pre-registering for Pelham Fish & Game's 3Gun match on Saturday, June 16, 2012.

Just a quick reminder on a couple of items:

Pelham Fish & Game is a cold range.

Please DO NOT unbag firearms at your car. There will be ample safety areas on the range for to unbag and get your equipment ready.

Shooter sign-in will be outside at the action ranges. As you drive on to club property, follow the road as it winds to the right. You will pass the trap/skeet fields and the club house on your left. Drive past the clubhouse, where you will see the action ranges straight ahead. We will also have signs pointing to the action ranges.

Schedule for the day:

Check-in: 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Safety Briefing: 9:00 a.m.
First Shots: shortly after Safety Briefing.

There is no Heavy Metal division, the match announcement notwithstanding. The potential for .308 rounds damaging our steel targets is too great. We apologize if you were planning to shoot a Heavy Metal rifle.

Round Counts:
Rifle: 125 (always good to bring more). Ammo will be checked with magnets. No steel core ammo; leave the Wolf ammo at home!
Pistol: 100
Birdshot: 100 (bring more)
Slugs: 10 (bring 20-30 just to be safe). Expect to engage slug targets between 40-50 yards.

Lastly, we do not anticipate you needing a sling for either long gun. That said, please have one in case we have to make a last minute change to any of the stages.

See you on Saturday,

John K. & Pelham F&G Match Staff

[/QUOTE

Leave it alone.......... You will be fine [laugh] Yeah, that's it Just fine
sneaky-evil-smily.gif

Well Gary, here it is 9:00 Friday evening and I just climbed out from under the sink in the master bathroom because the lack of hot water flow has been driving Beth nuts for several weeks. I found three large chunks of what looks like charcoal in the line between the ball valve and the faucet. I haven't picked up a firearm of any type this week other than unpacking the Mosin-Nagant that arrived on my doorstep the other day. So I guess I will have to rely on my memory of how the AR shoots from last year. [hmmm]
Time to run down stairs and load up the trunk for the ride to NH. See you in the morning my friend. [smile]

Mike,
Just lube it. It will be fine, maybe.
Which Charlie do you refer?

Charlie Funk of course. The developer of the original EZ-winScore (the first computer IPSC scoring system to my knowledge) It had a listing of shooters based on "class" rather than Division.

Dan, I'm sure YOU remember back when you shot a match and then waited a month and a half for the "match results" to be mailed to you. [wink]

Last edited:
Great match, long day. Finally made it home. Very good to see old friends and meet new friends. Stages were challenging and well run.

Big thanks to John K and the crew for a job well done. Hope to have a chance to do this again.

To John K. and the PFG crew,

BRAVO!!! Awesome match today, you guys really put together a fantastic match that was challenging and flowed really well. It is really nice to see that three gun is finding its way into New England (finally) and you pulled it off in spectacular style.

For all of you would-like-to-want-to-do-three-gun here is your chance, do not miss PFG next three gun match you will not be sorry. The match had everything and challenges for every skill set, so pack up your gear and head to NH for a match put on by some of the best. Great job and if there is anything I can do in the future do not be afraid to ask!!!

Mike French

Great Match,

Thanks to all who made it happen! With so few 3 Gun matches in the NE its great to have one turn out this good right out of the gate. Hope you keep running them.

Thanks Again,

David Eller

Great match today. Thank you for all who made it possible, and a big thanks to my squad for helping me get out of there, I just made it.

Back
Top Bottom