Pelham Fish & Game 3 Gun Match - June 16, 2012

Pelham Fish & Game invites you to participate in its first 3Gun match of 2012.

When: Saturday, June 16, 2012
Where: Pelham Fish & Game
Simpson Mill Road
Pelham, NH 03076
GPS Coordinates
Latitude: 42.759171°
Longitude: -71.297181°

Match Details:
• Five stages. You will use all three guns on every stage.
• Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun (BRM3G) rules.
http://brm3g.com/Pictures/Home Pg/2012 BRM3G Rules.pdf

• Rifle shots out to 200 yards.
• Shooters will be assigned to a squad.
• Match Fee - $40.00, cash only.
• Shooter check-in 8:00-9:00 a.m. Match briefing at 9:00 a.m. First shots shortly thereafter.
• No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel jacketed, or steel core ammunition is allowed. Ammo will be checked with a magnet.

Round Count:
Round count is not yet final. We will publish final round counts closer to the match. In the interim, plan on at least these (approximate):
Rifle: 100 rounds.
Pistol: 100 rounds.
Shotgun: 75 birdshot (#6 shot or smaller). Ten (10) slugs. No buckshot.

Divisions:
• Shooters may compete in Open, Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons, or Heavy Metal.

• Will follow BRM3G equipment rules to determine divisions. See Section 6, pp. 5-7.

• Match is limited to 50 competitors. You MUST pre-register by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Include your name, e-mail address, and division (Open, Tactical Optics, Tactical Iron, or Heavy Metal). Include the word “Registration” in the subject line of your e-mail.

• Please do NOT pre-register if you are not positive you can attend.

• Registration will close on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. EST or when we reach 50 shooters, whichever is later.

• Once we have 50 shooters pre-registered, we will create a waiting list.

• We will make every effort to honor squad requests. However, match staff reserves the right to move shooters to a different squad.

• You will receive an e-mail from the Match Director with your registration status.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Pelham Fish & Game is a cold-range.

This match is closed to new shooters. There is simply no time to conduct a new shooter orientation beyond the shooters briefing. Spectators are welcome but must have appropriate eye and ear protection.

If you have participated in at least three IDPA/USPSA matches and can safely load, shoot, clear malfunctions, and unload, you will be able to shoot this match.

Any unsafe actions, as determined by Range Officers or Assistant Range Officers, will be grounds for a match disqualification.

Pelham Fish & Game Action Shooting Schedule for the Remainder of 2012

July 14 IDPA
August 4 IDPA
September 1 3Gun
October 6 IDPA
November 17 IDPA

Thanks, Guys.

I will be emailing acknowledgments out once a day. If you have not received one yet, it will be sent tomorrow at the latest.

The location of registration is still TBD. We are working on securing the clubhouse but there is another event for later in the morning. Staff for that may need early access for setup. For now, plan on registration at the action ranges.

Thank you again.

David:

You're good. I have your pre-registration. I'll send another confirmation out on Saturday.

I'm bummed I'm going to miss this event. I hope there is lots of video and pictures coming out of this match. Good luck to all!

I plan on shooting this if there is still room. Can someoe clarify my one question?
My shotty - irons
My pistol - irons
My rifle - EOTech with3x magnifyer

Do I fall into tactical optics?

Thanks ahead of time!

Here ya go Jon

6.2.2 Tactical Class
6.2.2.1 Rifles must be of a factory configuration (see
Rule 5.3, 5.4, 5.5).
6.2.2.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the rifle.
6.2.2.3 Tactical Optics Class rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight.
6.2.2.4 Tactical Iron Class rifles may be equipped with one non-magnifying optic which is in the same plane
as standard iron sights and the bore-line (if in addition, the sights must co-witness) in addition to or in place of Iron sights.

Looks like Tac Optics to me [grin]

MATCH UPDATE -
Thank you to all who have pre-registered. I just emailed acknowledgments to the last group who signed up.

Round Counts:
Rifle: 125 (always good to bring more). Ammo will be checked with magnets. No steel core ammo!
Pistol: 100
Birdshot: 100 (bring more)
Slugs: 10 (bring 20-30 just to be safe). Expect to engage slug targets between 40-50 yards.

Pelham Fish and Game has made a significant investment in steel targets. To protect this investment, we have decided to eliminate the Heavy Metal division. Given a maximum distance of 200 yards, we felt that .308 rounds will present too great a risk of damaging the targets.

No one has pre-registered for Heavy Metal. However, if you are thinking about shooting a .308, please email me at pfg.action.shooters@gmail to discuss. If you decide not to attend, we understand completely.

Back
Top Bottom