Pelham Fish and Game Membership

Kicker96FS

NES Member
I am ready to pull the trigger on joining, I have been to the club once for a FTF transfer and was very impressed so I would like to go there regularly.

Any takers on being my sponsor ? Or should I just write a letter? [grin]

I've been meaning to do this for months.

How crowded to the action pits get on weekends?

Action ranges are pretty busy on a nice weekend. They just added a bunch of pistol only pits to help.

I like going during the week after work.

Headed there tonight for my interview. No sponsor, wrote a letter. Process takes a bit, so get yours in the mail soon. Can't wait to check out the club today.

How crowded to the action pits get on weekends?

It's not to worst. If people aren't dicks, you can get two or three parties in there. I've shared the pit a bunch of times, and actually had a real good time meeting new people, checking out new guns etc.

That said, I spend more time bench shooting at the utility range and plinking steal these days.

By midsummer/fall last year the place was dead. I guess everyone wants to bbq more... 30 degress? 14 people at the utility range lol.

I belonged to PF&G back in the 90s for a couple of years until I moved too far north to make it worth my while to drive there. It was a nice range at the time and I'm sure it still is...got quite busy sometimes but I got to meet quite a few great people and even had a gent help me get into reloading which I still do today. I used to shoot a lot in the steel area when I had my XP100 7mm BR pistol. I had a blast doing that.

Interview

Headed there tonight for my interview. No sponsor, wrote a letter. Process takes a bit, so get yours in the mail soon. Can't wait to check out the club today.

How did the interview go? Out of curiosity, can you or anyone else tell me what it was like, questions asked, etc? I have an interview with them coming up soon and am wondering what it will be like.

How did the interview go? Out of curiosity, can you or anyone else tell me what it was like, questions asked, etc? I have an interview with them coming up soon and am wondering what it will be like.

You stand up in front of everyone and tell them what you do for a living, how you can help volunteering and why you want to join...

"Hello, my name is Todd C Bang. I work at Comcast and am looking forward to enjoying my hobby with like minded people from the area. I have XYZ skill and can also mow lawns if you need the help"

Couple people went on and on about their training, military experience, and even a few more felt the need to say the word "safety" enough times that you instantly get nervous he was the least safe person in the state when handling a firearm.

Thanks for the response. I can understand that while safety is always important, if it sounds like an obsession, then that could raise some eyebrows. :)

Is it an "interview" or are there a lot of other applicants in the room and everyone gets a chance to tell a little about themselves? The reason why I ask is because it sounds like a stand up meeting versus an actual interview. To me an interview connotes being grilled by a panel with the possibility of not making it in. Am I mistaken? Thanks.

Thanks for the response. I can understand that while safety is always important, if it sounds like an obsession, then that could raise some eyebrows. :)

Is it an "interview" or are there a lot of other applicants in the room and everyone gets a chance to tell a little about themselves? The reason why I ask is because it sounds like a stand up meeting versus an actual interview. To me an interview connotes being grilled by a panel with the possibility of not making it in. Am I mistaken? Thanks.

We were told the old way was to go into a back room and talk with someone one on one. Now you stand up in front of the group. There was probably 45-50 people in mine. Everyone was really good about it, and by the second or third person you couldn't even tell who was afraid to publically speak. It's pretty low key, and if Mike (I believe that is his name) is running it again, very comfortable. He is good at running the meeting.

I wouldn't worry about not getting in. As long as you aren't a toolbox you'll be fine. And I mean, you'll have to be a huge toolbox to get rejected. Just be normal, yourself and relax. It'll be fine.

We were told the old way was to go into a back room and talk with someone one on one.

This is sort of how I did it back in the 90's, except I met the interviewer at DD's in Salem and we talked over a cup of joe. If I hadn't of moved, I would probably still be a member there.

This is sort of how I did it back in the 90's, except I met the interviewer at DD's in Salem and we talked over a cup of joe. If I hadn't of moved, I would probably still be a member there.

I'm not sure when the last time you were there was, but it is a real nice club. They are doing a lot.

The board may not be perfect, and I'm sure there are people with many valid complaints. (In fact I've heard a few. ;)) But they are doing good things there and providing a cool place to shoot.

I'm not sure when the last time you were there was, but it is a real nice club. They are doing a lot.

The board may not be perfect, and I'm sure there are people with many valid complaints. (In fact I've heard a few. ;)) But they are doing good things there and providing a cool place to shoot.

It was in the 90s when I was still working in Salem...when I moved to another job up here near Concord, it just wasn't feasible to make the trek down there. I belong to a small club up here only because I drive by it twice a day on my way to and from work up near New London NH. It's very small, only a hundred yards max and three nice pistol boxes, all outside, but it's cheap and the members all seem to be quite friendly and not a lot of fudds.

Last edited:
You stand up in front of everyone and tell them what you do for a living, how you can help volunteering and why you want to join... "Hello, my name is Todd C Bang. I work at Comcast and am looking forward to enjoying my hobby with like minded people from the area. I have XYZ skill and can also mow lawns if you need the help" Couple people went on and on about their training, military experience, and even a few more felt the need to say the word "safety" enough times that you instantly get nervous he was the least safe person in the state when handling a firearm.
We were told the old way was to go into a back room and talk with someone one on one. Now you stand up in front of the group. There was probably 45-50 people in mine. Everyone was really good about it, and by the second or third person you couldn't even tell who was afraid to publically speak. It's pretty low key, and if Mike (I believe that is his name) is running it again, very comfortable. He is good at running the meeting. I wouldn't worry about not getting in. As long as you aren't a toolbox you'll be fine. And I mean, you'll have to be a huge toolbox to get rejected. Just be normal, yourself and relax. It'll be fine.
Summed up everything I would have said.

Orientationis at the end if the month! Cant wait to have a club again!

Thanks for advice.
This club is one of the best.
I've got good ref's , history, and usefull skills ( prop. mngr ),
but the stand up part will be nerve wracking.
C'est la vie.
[h=3][/h]

Thanks for advice.

but the stand up part will be nerve wracking.
C'est la vie.

It isn't that bad. No one there is going to hate on you or make fun of you. They all have to do the same thing.

Just go first or second, don't sit in the back. Get it over with early, lol.

Back
Top Bottom