• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelham F&G - Resolved

Pelham F&G - Resolved

You wrote a bad check. You need to make good on it.

Years back, I was Vice President at a gun club (not Pelham). I was responsible for sending out dues notices and collecting payment. It was always the same few each year that caused the most amount of work for me. So I'm afraid that I have zero sympathy for the OP.

If you don't want to renew, don't write the check. If you write the check, then it is your responsibility to ensure that the check is good.

It seems to me that your long involved story is just your attempt to justify your bad behavior and deflect blame into others.

I guess buying myself a new rifle in December and a new pistol in April and still haven't been able to shoot them really added fuel to the fire too. There were days I was so desperate to shoot I was just asking if I could shoot 1 round to function check my new carry piece just to make sure it was actually functioning, and not being able to.

I learned a long time ago to have contingency plans for when I want to shoot and have limited time to do so. Always have a 2nd range or facility you can bug out to. I don't trust anyones schedules, and lots of clubs pull stupid shit like this all the time. Sometimes it's just poor management, sometimes it's just accidental (and not malicious in any way) sometimes it's just plain bad luck.

ETA: I'm not excusing how they treated you, hardly... just saying that no matter what the club is, it's good to have a contingency plan. Shit happens. Say you roll up to the club and there's a brush
fire and the FD is there. Well nobody is shooting anytime soon. There's a whole bunch of things like this. Also during the winter some clubs plow driveways and some don't- or some only get plowed if a
member sees it and happens to have a plow.

-Mike

Last edited:
FYI, I recall that Tyngsborough closes down their outdoor ranges at a certain point in time during the Winter. They do it for fear of frozen ground causing a ricochet going off the property instead of into the backstop. Perhaps Pelham does/did the same thing?? It pays to ask about this at any club you contemplate joining.

I believe Nashua does the same.

At Wayland Rod & Gun, the outdoor range road doesn't get plowed. You can use the range if you want to walk through the snow.

I learned a long time ago to have contingency plans for when I want to shoot and have limited time to do so. Always have a 2nd range or facility you can bug out to. I don't trust anyones schedules, and lots of clubs pull stupid shit like this all the time. Sometimes it's just poor management, sometimes it's just accidental (and not malicious in any way) sometimes it's just plain bad luck.

ETA: I'm not excusing how they treated you, hardly... just saying that no matter what the club is, it's good to have a contingency plan. Shit happens. Say you roll up to the club and there's a brush
fire and the FD is there. Well nobody is shooting anytime soon. There's a whole bunch of things like this. Also during the winter some clubs plow driveways and some don't- or some only get plowed if a
member sees it and happens to have a plow.

-Mike

Yep, the same thought crossed my mind when I went to my club and the Trap field was dead because the machine was broken. "Well I guess I should belong to more than one club if its so inconvenient to not be able to shoot."

It gets a bit amusing when you can hear the club leadership talking about who can meet the repair guy during the week and 15 ft over someone is complaining about "what do you mean its broken? When is it going to be fixed!"

Back
Top Bottom