1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Peaceful Countries in the World

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 10thSFFD, Jun 14, 2019.

1. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Reports Archive – Vision of Humanity
    The trend in peacefulness since 2008 shows that global peacefulness has deteriorated by 3.78 per cent, with 81 GPI countries recording a deterioration, and 81 improving, highlighting that deteriorations in peacefulness are generally larger than improvements. The index has deteriorated for eight of the last twelve years, with the last improvement in peacefulness before 2019 occurring in 2014. Seventeen of the 23 GPI indicators are less peaceful on average in 2019 when compared to 2008. Two of the three GPI domains deteriorated over the past decade, with Ongoing Conflict deteriorating by 8.69 per cent and Safety and Security deteriorating by 4.02 per cent. Terrorism and internal conflict have been the greatest contributors to the global deterioration in peacefulness. One hundred and four countries recorded increased terrorist activity, while only 38 improved, and the total number of conflict deaths increased by 140 per cent between 2006 and 2017. However, contrary to public perception, the Militarization domain has recorded a 2.6 per cent improvement since 2008. The number of armed services personnel per 100,000 people has fallen in 117 countries, and military expenditure as a percentage of GDP fell in 98 countries, with only 63 countries increasing their spending.

map1.png
    map2.png

2. grey

grey NES Member

Wow. I hope this teaches us a lesson. That's a lot of really bad countries "scoring" higher than us!

3. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Whoever complied this list has no sense of reality. It is literally impossible that the nation of Georgia is more peaceful than the US because there's an active war zone in Georgia with two regions of the country occupied by the Russians. Please, walk down the main street in Kinshasa and then go to Boston Common and tell me which one is more peaceful. Bolivia and Peru have narcoterrorism issues. This list was generated by a globalist activist group.

About – Vision of Humanity

4. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

A number of countries recorded large increases in their incarceration rate, most notably China. An estimated one million people, most of them ethnic Uighur Muslims, are now being held in re-education camps in Xinjiang. The largest regional deterioration on the Safety and Security domain as a whole occurred in North America. This was largely the result of falls in peacefulness in the US, which had deteriorations on the violent crime, homicide rate, and political instability indicators. The spotlight on peacefulness in the US is only likely to increase in the lead up to the 2020 federal election.

5. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Yes, you are correct, but if you read the entire report you will discover some interesting facts related to natural disasters and terrorism. Based on my travel experience I dare to say that they did get first 30 and last 30 just about right.

wmccurdy53 likes this.
  6. grey

grey NES Member

That's a great opinion by the authors and all. Unfotuately my BS detector is pinned. The paragraph about China just before the bold text explains all I need to know about China scoring "better" than old evil USA

10thSFFD likes this.
  7. kalash

kalash

Liberia is #60 [laugh]

Also, what the heck is "Palestine"? Last I checked no such country existed... well, ever.

8. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Weather is not linked to "peacefulness." Weather is, for the time being, uncontrollable and does not directly affect human conflict. Indirectly? Sure. But humans act independently of weather except in extreme circumstances.

Palestine Mandate, 1919-1948. Most leftists also recognize the modern Palestinians as a country.

9. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

All good points! Thank you!

In the last year the amount of economic refugees from Africa increased exponentially. Yet, China is moving to Africa very aggressively. We may have a completely different world in 10 years form now. Like it, or not.

10. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

China has been subverting Africa since at least the late 1950s and early 1960s. Africa left European colonialism for Chinese colonialism. China has been making large amounts of investment in Africa, although the US, UK, and France still lead in foreign investment in Africa over China.

US corporates made more investments in Africa in 2017 than businesses from any other country

10thSFFD likes this.
  11. dingbat

dingbat

How many of those countries that scored higher than the US rely on our military to keep stability in their region?

Brewer and 10thSFFD like this.
  12. ReluctantDecoy

ReluctantDecoy

Wonder how DR will fare in an update. Also wonder what "peaceful" means. Sure, you might get punched in the jaw in the US, but you aren't getting kidnapped or killed by an IED. At least not the tourists, whom I suspect are the ones who would look at a list like this and be dissuaded on travel.

13. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

LOL the Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone and the f***ing Congo are more peaceful than the US [laugh]

14. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

Dunno 'bout that. Maybe take another look? Germany is a little overrated. On average not horrendous, but dropping down more than the 22 ranking indicates. Also no f-ing way South Korea deserves to be rated lower than Costa Rica. That one's ridiculous. OK, yes many are directionally correct but...

Israel near the bottom at 146? OK, the Hamas rockets add a little excitement but fatalities are extremely low. On average a night on the town in Israel is way safer than in the USA. Russia at 154 is completely ridiculous. My company contracts with one of the major global security firms that categorizes Russia as a moderate risk only in certain areas. I think that a SJW on weed made these rankings.

15. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

I rest my case regarding a SJW on weed made these rankings!