Peabody police raid two homes, seize 499 pot plants, guns

*REAL* M80's haven't been available without an explisives license for decades (the same for real cherry bombs), however, that designation is still currently used to try to cash in on the name.

had a fireworks avenue in the North End while in high school. Cherry bombs & Blockbusters $15/gross, M80's $20/gross about .10 each, sold them for a quarter.
[smile]

The apartment is just down the street from Bishop Fenwick high school. I'm not familiar with Winona street where the raided house is located.

Oooops, brain fart. It was in the Salem Evening News and I was thinking Margin Street Salem.

Winona is the street off of Rt.1 across from the Bel Air Diner. It come's out between Lake & Pine, goes past the Devil's Dishfull all the way to Lynnfield.

Last edited:
had a fireworks avenue in the North End while in high school. Cherry bombs & Blockbusters $15/gross, M80's $20/gross about .10 each, sold them for a quarter.
[smile]

Let me guess: The basketball courts? Used to do the same thing when I was a teenager. Bottle rockets, black cats, sky rockets, Roman candles, and jumping jacks by the gross turned over some nice pocket change when sold by the pack/dozen. [laugh]

No problem with the pot charges, it's not legal and they didn't exactly have a small amount. But the storage and mag charges seem made up. I checked their facebook page, i can't believe they didn't post the "cache" pictures. They must really be unimpressive to not get the victory lap photo.

since that many pot plants are clearly against the law and for distribution....these are people with nefarious contacts. The presence of firearms can EASILY lead to drug gang violence, either by them, or by them defending their "stash" from thieves. If the violence was just limited to them, I would say shoot away tex. But innocent bystanders, like the neighbors, can be caught in the crossfire. So, Yeah, they should not be allowed firearms.

I fully support the legalization of pot here in MA for just these situations....keep it legal, and ALL of the business will be above board.

just watch a few Breaking Bad episodes to see just how quickly things can go to shit

Why did they seize these? They are illegal in MA???

41hkFZoSRcL._SY300_.jpg

That's what I think of when I hear 'feeding device'.

[smile]

Are you sure they were "real" M80s and not one of the newer variants with a much smaller powder charge being sold as M80's? If the wikipedia article is correct, the real M80s disappeared from shelves in 1966.

since that many pot plants are clearly against the law and for distribution....these are people with nefarious contacts. The presence of firearms can EASILY lead to drug gang violence, either by them, or by them defending their "stash" from thieves. If the violence was just limited to them, I would say shoot away tex. But innocent bystanders, like the neighbors, can be caught in the crossfire. So, Yeah, they should not be allowed firearms.

I fully support the legalization of pot here in MA for just these situations....keep it legal, and ALL of the business will be above board.

just watch a few Breaking Bad episodes to see just how quickly things can go to shit

Agreed. Also wouldn't you become "unsuitable" if you get busted for weed? If it's above that specific amount where it's just a citation? Obviously if it gets legalized then this goes out the window I assume.

Agreed. Also wouldn't you become "unsuitable" if you get busted for weed? If it's above that specific amount where it's just a citation? Obviously if it gets legalized then this goes out the window I assume.

They'll be prohibited in short time. Even if they have a clean record, with the distribution charges, firearms, etc. they'll get some jail time. Even if weed is legalized, the production and distribution won't be (without a state license) so they'll keep the convictions and be prohibited. Unless they can give up a bigger fish, then, with a good lawyer they can maybe get a walk.

Back
Top Bottom