PDP VS Metal 2.0

Curious about these two guns. I have handled both of these and they both feel great and the triggers are nice. Which one do you feel has an advantage? List prices show the M&P about $200 more than the PDP. $849. vs $649. I'm thinking a metal striker fired is the best of both worlds? Also the PDP has 3 barrel lengths.

Last edited:
Walther PDP all day long and twice on Sundays. I absolutely love the Walther PDP 4" Compact. I bought mine for $469 when it was on sale at Brownells plus a coupon. Mine is the PDP Compact. It is outstanding. Awesome trigger, awesome reset. Stupid accurate. Great weight. I also have a Walther Q4 SF which is match quality while being a duty gun, and it was $1300. The PDP is right up there with it.

Last edited:
A lot of competition guys seem to really like the PDP. I thought my friend's Walthers (don't remember the models) were pretty decent. Meanwhile, I'm not a fan of S&W's spotty quality and CS.

PDP has a plastic frame, to go steel you'd need to get a Q4/5 and put a PDP slide on it, would be a fairly expensive proposition...
It is an interesting thing that so many combinations of slides and frames can be directly mixed and matched on a few generations/models of this family of both Walthers and Caniks.

Curious about these two metal guns. I have handled both of these and they both feel great and the triggers are nice. Which one do you feel has an advantage? List prices show the M&P about $200 more than the PDP. $849. vs $649. I'm thinking a metal striker fired is the best of both worlds? Also the PDP has 3 barrel lengths.

I too, was leaning towards the S&W M&P Metal 2.0 and ended up going with the Walther PDP in 5".

I could not be happier with my decision. It's a phenomenal pistol and the trigger is fantastic!

Plus Walther has a Lifetime Waranty, as well.

Both pistols are great; but in my opinion the Walther PDP is not only one of the best duty pistols made; it's a fantastic range pistol as well!

PDP has a plastic frame, to go steel you'd need to get a Q4/5 and put a PDP slide on it, would be a fairly expensive proposition...
It is an interesting thing that so many combinations of slides and frames can be directly mixed and matched on a few generations/models of this family of both Walthers and Caniks.
Yea, I see that.i had the wrong info. Thanks for the correction. I also see that the Q4 weighs in 15 OZ more than the PDP. That's a lot of weight and is in the 1911 class.

Last edited:
I have the Q5 SteelFrame and yea, it's a bit chunky/heavy but it's awesome.

No comparison. Try to find a Q4/Q5 SF but the PDP is getting rave reviews.

Back
Top Bottom