PD is requesting a Naturalization Certificate for FID. I was never Naturalized.

well, congratulations on getting that fid, but jeez @Zinose, that was a lot of shit for an fid. why didn't you apply for the ltc like a few people told you too? just seems to make more sense to me but hey, what do i know. again, congrats on the victory.
OP’s not 21 yet. FID was his only option.
Happy it got cleared up for him.

OP’s not 21 yet. FID was his only option.
Happy it got cleared up for him.
ah, i see. but can't you get a ltc younger than 21? i had mine at 18 but i couldn't buy a pistol from a shop but i could from a private sale. am i remembering this wrong?

Considering that the paperwork you should have submitted from the get-go was in fact submitted on July 7th, that's only 37 days. That's pretty darn fast!
I shouldn't need to provide proof that my parents are citizens to exercise my constitutional rights. Why shouldn't my passport be enough to prove citizenship according to federal law?

I shouldn't need to provide proof that my parents are citizens to exercise my constitutional rights. Why shouldn't my passport be enough to prove citizenship according to federal law?
I couldn't agree more! That said, complaining about the procedure does nothing to help one get LTC, does it?
Getting the legislature to pass laws that remove these arcane rules or getting the law overturned in court would help a lot more people but it would not have helped you to get an FID this quick.

In a bit of a unique situation. I was born outside of the United States, but immigrated when I was very young. My parents obtained citizenship via naturalization and since I was under 18 I became a citizen as well. My parents never applied for a Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-600) and my only proof of my citizenship is my US Passport. For those curious, you can apply for a passport (DS-11) with proof of derived citizenship (all the documents you'd need for an N-600).

I got a call from my police department saying that my application had been put on hold because I needed to provide a naturalization certificate since I was born outside of the United States. I offered to show a passport, but they stated that it could not be accepted since it "has an expiry date". Additionally, my police department (Billerica) does state on their website that to qualify for an FID: "A naturalized citizen within the above age restrictions (applicant must present proof of naturalization)". I was never naturalized.

I could apply for a Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-600), however, the average processing times for these applications are 1+ year. I do not want to wait a year just so I can exercise my constitutional right to bear arms. I'm quite confused because an FID is a shall-issue license and besides naturalization, all other qualifications for obtaining the license are met. What action can I take?
Bull shit. I'll give you a more detailed and helpful response tomorrow when I'm sober. This can easily be fixed. It's actually not worth suing over anymore.

Back
Top Bottom