• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PCC

Really??? That is heartwarming. People are trying to grow the shooting sports and we have attitudes like this. Even "tongue in cheek" right now hurt the sport. We need a strong front with positive vibes to get through the next wave of negative thoughts on our sports.

Really??? That is heartwarming. People are trying to grow the shooting sports and we have attitudes like this. Even "tongue in cheek" right now hurt the sport. We need a strong front with positive vibes to get through the next wave of negative thoughts on our sports.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings.

Hey man, there's a reason it's called the United States Pistol Shooting Association. The cartoon is right.

I would rather have PCC and get rid of the c*nts that complain about everything.

2 weeks ago, they threw away a classifier after half the squads shot it because someone said a black line was less than a half inch over another line. F***ing c*nt.

Last weekend, steel challenge, some dude is complaining because the stop plate was like 1/4" higher than the rest. The guy managing the match politely told him to f*ck off after the guy complained for a good 5 minutes.

And after all that complaining, he had his nice open gun and was barely a couple of seconds faster than I am with a revolver, and I am not a Master.

Why do PCC shooters have to hold the rifle? Why can't they have it hanging from a sling until the timer beeps?

I dont understand.

Is it so the PCC guys won't cry?

I would rather have PCC and get rid of the c*nts that complain about everything.

2 weeks ago, they threw away a classifier after half the squads shot it because someone said a black line was less than a half inch over another line. F***ing c*nt.

Last weekend, steel challenge, some dude is complaining because the stop plate was like 1/4" higher than the rest. The guy managing the match politely told him to f*ck off after the guy complained for a good 5 minutes.

I find the folks that whine the loudest have never helped run a match, never designed a stage, don't show up early or stay late to help setup/breakdown...they believe their $20 entitles them to a "shooting experience". As far as PCC, maybe one day it will stand on it's own but from what I've seen it's still a niche that would likely fade away if not embraced by the pistol competitions.

And after all that complaining, he had his nice open gun and was barely a couple of seconds faster than I am with a revolver, and I am not a Master.

I've been RO'ing this weekend at the "Showdown in Savannah III" GSSF match. Three day match, 535 entries; (given Covid and rain - everyone was pleased with this turnout). In 2018 we had 900+ entries, last year we had 800+ entries. But many shooters run multiple entries, so entries not the same as shooters; for example, I had six entries in this match - different divisions.

Anyhow, had a father/daughter as entries on the stage I was RO'ng yesterday. He shot it first with a G44 (rimfire), then she shot it. He was VERY competent. As we were scoring and taping his targets, he cautioned her that the back target was perhaps six inches taller than the front one, so she shouldn't just swing over, because her final shot would be low.

It was good advice. We're setting targets up at a specified height, but we're outdoors, and the ground isn't level. We don't set target heights relative to each other, or to the shooting point, we set them from the ground.

It's an imperfect world, you have to deal with it.

She shot well too, great fundamentals, great form and good scores. I told her dad that I thought so - and he laughed - and told me that I should see her with an AR15.

Since this was NES - don't even ask if she was hot - she was a kid - shooting with her dad.

EDITED to correct high/low and to add shooter count.

Last edited:

Lighten up Francis...

Lighten up??? Hurt my feelings... No my skin is thicker than this stuff. But the infighting and the snobbish attitudes at the competition turn people away. I know teir 1 events not filling the field...and it is not just Covid or ammo shortage. If people don't feel welcome, they don't come back. And if they are comfortable with a PCC and have a good time, they will come back. If your egos are fed by being the highest on the chart for that day and having less people makes you have a higher standing... well eliminate PCC. Discrimiate on BUG. Make fun of the revolver guys. Soon, there will be nobody to tape, score, paint, setup or run matches. Grow up... expand the shooting sports and grow or... you know what will happen.

this has been happening all 50+ years i've been shooting, clashes between all the different disciplines. i've never understood it and tend to agree with you, we need to keep a united front

Lighten up??? Hurt my feelings... No my skin is thicker than this stuff. But the infighting and the snobbish attitudes at the competition turn people away. I know teir 1 events not filling the field...and it is not just Covid or ammo shortage. If people don't feel welcome, they don't come back. And if they are comfortable with a PCC and have a good time, they will come back. If your egos are fed by being the highest on the chart for that day and having less people makes you have a higher standing... well eliminate PCC. Discrimiate on BUG. Make fun of the revolver guys. Soon, there will be nobody to tape, score, paint, setup or run matches. Grow up... expand the shooting sports and grow or... you know what will happen.

^^^^Found the PCC shooter.

Well, USPSA classifiers need to be setup exactly the way they are drawn up. It is the only way to insure consistency throughout the country. "black line"...sounds like a target had hard cover painted over the perf and into the intended scoring zone? If so, and the ROs were scoring good hits as Mikes because someone f***ed up painting the target, I'd be pissed and want it thrown out too.

Can't comment on SC, don't shoot it.

Like anything in life, pick your battles, but I think complaining about incorrectly setup classifier stages is pretty valid.

so I take it you shoot PCC?

it’s like, totally not gay...I’m just asking.

PCC is like a small child that needs our protection and support, until it can stand on its own and hopefully support itself some day. I have been known to act like a small child at times.

so I take it you shoot PCC?

it’s like, totally not gay...I’m just asking.
I shoot PCC at Steel Challenge, pistols at IDPA. I have been involved in many sports over the years and when organizations and competitors discriminate or alienate some divisions, they lose people...people that help and fund the competition. I do not really care that people dislike PCC, probably they have never tried one. What dismays me is the discrimination. at events. Welcome everybody... or you will someday not have an event.

I shoot PCC at Steel Challenge, pistols at IDPA. I have been involved in many sports over the years and when organizations and competitors discriminate or alienate some divisions, they lose people...people that help and fund the competition. I do not really care that people dislike PCC, probably they have never tried one. What dismays me is the discrimination. at events. Welcome everybody... or you will someday not have an event.

i was just being a jerk, FYI...I own a CZ scorpion carbine folder and an Uzi model A and they’re both fun to shoot. Never had the stones to show up at a USPSA match with either of them though! Kudos to you and your brethren. Keep it real.

I posted the cartoon, because it's funny.

I shoot two divisions at most of my local matches, including Steel Challenge. I bounce back and forth between PCC and Production at Steel Challenge. PCC's are FUN.

Back
Top Bottom