• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PCC Advice

Marlin Camp Carbine. Takes S&W 5900/6900 series mags, (plenty of hi caps out there for sale. ) carbines are selling for $500-750 on gbroker.
Get some new recoil springs, new buffer,mags, and an extended bolt release and your good to go for under $1k.

Last edited:
No love for Hi-Point?

Super cheap, reliable as a hi point and as ugly as the rest of them (I like the pistols). I didn’t like the feel of the Kel Tec or Ruger, but the HP seemed ok. Reviews seemed pretty good.
I’ve been toying with the idea of a PCC, but have no real love for tacticool looking stuff.
I have a Ruger PCC and a Hipoint 4595. They are both excellent guns but the Ruger is much more refined. The biggest difference is the triggers, the Hipoint trigger is awful.

I wonder why Archangel and all the other 10/22 furniture companies haven't adapted a grip stock for the Ruger PCC. Seems like some low hanging fruit for them. Would also be cool to see a Ruger PCC bullpup.

I wonder why Archangel and all the other 10/22 furniture companies haven't adapted a grip stock for the Ruger PCC. Seems like some low hanging fruit for them. Would also be cool to see a Ruger PCC bullpup.

It has to be right around the corner. Ruger just released the fortay model, a tacticool model, and a few hip limited models so the line has to be doing well. Hell I myself have diverted all personal man funds to finally aquire one after all my procrastinating over it. I fully expect it to have a Mini-14 like following someday. Popularity not performance... lol!

It has to be right around the corner. Ruger just released the fortay model, a tacticool model, and a few hip limited models so the line has to be doing well. Hell I myself have diverted all personal man funds to finally aquire one after all my procrastinating over it. I fully expect it to have a Mini-14 like following someday. Popularity not performance... lol!
We looked at these little carbines as a home-defense firearm that my wife can handle. We settled on the stainless Mini 14 ranch rifle because of its superior ballistics. We are limited to FID-legal 10 round magazines and we already stock .223 ammo for our Savage Axis bolt action rifle. We didn't want to stock another caliber of ammo. We standardized on .308, .223, 12 gauge and .22LR. No need for anything more.

No love for Hi-Point?

Super cheap, reliable as a hi point and as ugly as the rest of them (I like the pistols). I didn’t like the feel of the Kel Tec or Ruger, but the HP seemed ok. Reviews seemed pretty good.
I’ve been toying with the idea of a PCC, but have no real love for tacticool looking stuff.

I have a Hi-Point, and I've shot the Ruger. The Ruger is about 1000 times better (though it's in the running for most butt-ugly, IMHO). What I hate about my Hi-Point:

1. Mushy weird trigger in a tiny trigger guard.
2. Standard mags seat flush with the bottom of the grip--easy to fail to seat one properly.
3. Hurts my cheek when I shoot it. Part of it is the way the bolt is cycling, I think, and the stupid spring-loaded butt plate doesn't help anything.
4. I'm sucking in a lot of gun smoke when I shoot it because both sides of the receiver are open.
5. It isn't very accurate (YMMV based on sample, I would guess, because I hear some are accurate).
6. If I put only one round in a magazine and try to chamber it, a lot of times it will malfunction. It usually works fine with 2 rounds in the mag, pretty much always with 3 or more.

Back
Top Bottom