• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PayPal Anti-Gun

ADC

Well .. rumors confirmed, I called PayPal in an attempt to open an account to help members of our club that want to pay their dues with their credit card.

No, PayPal says NO ... not interested.

I explained, no gun sales, just membership, training and safety education.

Still NOPE

Who are folks using to process electronic payments? Any difficulties? Working well?

Contraband items have been purchased through them for years. But not by me :emoji_zipper_mouth:

There's a lot of online payment systems that could replace PP for handling gun club membership dues. PP has been known as anti-gun for almost as long as I've been into shooting, so like 2010, 2011, 2012. The only reason I use it is for international transactions. My bank flips shit when I attempt international transactions, so PP is a much easier avenue.

Well .. rumors confirmed, I called PayPal in an attempt to open an account to help members of our club that want to pay their dues with their credit card.

Still NOPE

Who are folks using to process electronic payments? Any difficulties? Working well?
Contact the treasurer at the Andover Sportsmen's Club. He has a pay by credit card system set up. We get an email from the club and just follow the link to make a payment. Brad is a good guy and can probably help you. Click on Andover Sportsmen's Club | North Andover, Massachusetts and at the top right of the home page click "About Us" then click on "Board of Directors" to find the treasurer's email.

Last edited:
Yes, you can be secretive and get a transaction to go through PayPal. You do realize though that PayPal makes money by people using their service, right? By "tricking" PayPal to handle your transaction, you are actively supporting a company that is openly against your rights. I don't understand why anyone that cares about freedom would use PayPal in any way.

Yes, you can be secretive and get a transaction to go through PayPal. You do realize though that PayPal makes money by people using their service, right? By "tricking" PayPal to handle your transaction, you are actively supporting a company that is openly against your rights. I don't understand why anyone that cares about freedom would use PayPal in any way.

Call me old fashioned, but I want my financial info in as few places as possible, and PayPal was the first online payment system to go global. It was easy, and in the beginning, they were not anti-gun. That happened around the time eBay bought them. That’s the only reason I haven’t set up Venmo or any of the others.

I still write checks though, so what do I know?

Also. OP, you could just up a fake business with funds going into a new account. They probably wouldn’t bat an eye at Big Dicks Brass Hole.

And this is exactly why we need that financial anti-discrimination bill just introduced in congress. Normally I'm against such things, but something has to be done to undo all the damage Obama did with Operation Choke Point. [thinking]

There was another company claiming to do gunfriendlypayments but they were embroiled in a huge scandal and got shut down many years ago...

And this is exactly why we need that financial anti-discrimination bill just introduced in congress. Normally I'm against such things, but something has to be done to undo all the damage Obama did with Operation Choke Point. [thinking]

Yes, except PayPal was anti long before Obama came along....

From a previous discussion on this topic......
Last week I purchased a Parts Kit on eBay. Did a “buy it now” and went to paypal to complete the payment. Get a message that says “seller is not accepting payments at this time” WTF……….

So I contact the seller and he replies back with a phone number. I call and the guy says paypal suspended his account for selling gun parts???? He directed me to his web site and I bought what I needed there.

So, eBay is OK with the guy selling gun parts but paypal is not. Fortunately paypal and eBay are no longer the same entity and eBay is moving towards direct credit card payments.

Part of the problem is they are a monopoly; electronic payments any other way are a pain in the ass or require slow manual intervention of some sort... either of which often costs money or limits opportunities. This ain't like me saying "f*** Amazon/bezos, im buying local today"...

Part of the problem is they are a monopoly; electronic payments any other way are a pain in the ass or require slow manual intervention of some sort... either of which often costs money or limits opportunities. This ain't like me saying "f*** Amazon/bezos, im buying local today"...

The are the most common and the easiest since so many people already have PayPal accounts, but they are far from a monopoly. We all have options, including taking the easy way out and financially supporting the infringement of our rights.

F Bezos means you might need to drive to a local store. F PayPal means you might need to open an account with a different service or even put a stamp on an envelope and wait an extra 2 days for your check to get through the mail.

2A related vendors really need to lead the way here and stop accepting PayPal and instead offer other payment options. And 2A purchasers should urge vendors to do so.

Add me to the pay by check category.
Very few of our monthly bills are paid by check anyway as most of are paid with just a few clicks on my banks website and I don't have to peel a 50cent stamp.

Still NOPE
Sure seems as if you talked yourself into a DENY
by giving Too Much Info.

Precisely what did they key off of?

Be sure to file a civil rights complaint against PayPal
using Marsha's hotline.

As soom as ONE idiot puts "payment for gun" in the description that gig will explode into confetti.
Putting "payment for gun" in memo fields for
completely unrelated PayPal transactions sounds like
a good recipe for hilarity.

Maybe do it to gigabucks major retailers on Cyber Monday,
in hopes PayPal has automated their bannitator.

Order a packet of trout hooks from Dick's,
collapse their E-payment stream Just in Time for Christmas.

It depends on how you name the account at the end of the day you could open a personal one and just have them send payments via email

This actually works both ways. The high school class which graduated a year after mine is full of tools. One of them managed to get both the Facebook group and their PayPal reunionr setup by inserting words in comments.

It took them almost three months to get their money out of PayPal and they almost lost the reunion. One of the guys also managed to get an aftrschool dance programs which paid dues via PayPal shut down too by triggering firearms related filters.

Back
Top Bottom