• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Patriots Day!

This is the first P-day I've worked in well over 20 years. Because what else is there to do?

I worked my 2nd Good Friday this year as well. Last year b/c we just came home from vacation so I figured I would work. This year? What else was I gonna do. Otherwise, I've NEVER worked or gone to school on GF.

This year sucks. LOL

This is the first P-day I've worked in well over 20 years. Because what else is there to do?

I worked my 2nd Good Friday this year as well. Last year b/c we just came home from vacation so I figured I would work. This year? What else was I gonna do. Otherwise, I've NEVER worked or gone to school on GF.

This year sucks. LOL
I looked at my University’s calendar and confirmed I had off. Then I shut down the Zoom chat room. I always choose to hold my office hours on Mondays because that’s when we have all of our days off in Mass! It’s a bold strategy that has certainly paid off over the years, Cotton!

My company doesn't recognize this day as a day off. So business as usual unfortunately. My wife is off so she's enjoying the day watching chic flicks. Better her then me! ;-)
I hear you man! My ex would always make me watch Friends with her. It was entertaining, until the third or fourth episode in a row! Then she’d fall asleep before I could even try to get some. “The worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, ever.”

Mahty says don't run marathon route!

There were though.
Right in the middle of the damn road.
I was talking to one of my guys in Boston on the phone today and all of a sudden I hear him yell "Get out of the road a-hole !! "
I asked him what the hell that was and he said marathon fruitcake running right down the middle of the street.

Enjoying my Yankee holiday (yeah, should be a holiday for the entire USA) by prepping the victory garden for planting. Cleared out the garden of any old debris including mammoth sunflower stumps grown from @Uzi2 seeds. Fueled and fired up the circa 1975 Troybilt Horse tiller on second pull then proceeded to till for about 1/4 the time it takes to first get the tiller ready and then later 'winterize' it until next year.

Will scope out some new fishing spots on the way to the butcher shop and then will grill burgers, washed down with some sort of local brew.

Back
Top Bottom