• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Patriots Day

who has gone to see the re-enactment at the north bridge before?

It looks like it gets really crowded, is there a decent place to stand without getting there hours early?

It's cool to watch, ill actually be in Acton participating in a civil war petting zoo, part of towns festivities for day

.....is that where the animals are dressed in civil war era costumes?.... I actually have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

But seriously, I would like to see, and hear, the re-enactment. Is this possible to achieve without camping out hours beforehand?

Living in a town on the marathon route, Patriots day SUCKS. I'd love it if that stupid race went away for good. But until then, it's about not being able to travel across town until the stupid race is past us. It is terrible.

About 10 years ago my mother was called in to do a procedure on a patient at the hospital. She needed to cross Rt 135 (the race course) to get there. The cops wouldn't let her cross even though she explained the urgent need. Some poor smuck was sitting there in poor health in need of a medical procedure and the morons running were more important than a persons life. F'ing stupid.

Lol petting zoo referees to small encampment where people come and watch our drills, ask questions, and this year watch our skirmishes with confederates.

As for the Lexington green/north bridge battles, I recall having to arrive before sun rise to get a good vantage point.

Back
Top Bottom