• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Patriot's Day?

"By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flags to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.” Screenshot_20230409_180103_Chrome.jpg

Anyone have any tips or advice. Where to go, and when
Plan to get there early, then leave a bit earlier. If you want coffee, depending on where you're coming from, you may not be able to find it, as it will be too early.

Dress more warmly than you think you need to, as you will be there early, and have to stand around. Viewing is first come, first standing place.

The Regulars will come from the East. The action takes place about mid-way up the Green. IMO, you should be on the Western half of the Green, so you get the full effect of the Regulars charging the Rebels. Last time I was there, I was on the South side, and had an excellent view.

There will likely be period-attired folks on the sidelines, and they're there to explain stuff, and answer questions. Check online for the times.

There will likely be pancake breakfasts available to benefit Scout troops (do a google search I was last there pre 'vid).

I know the "get there early" was repetitive, but there's no second showing this year, so you want to get a good view.

Full disclosure - my ancestors were Loyalists, so on 19 April, it's "God save King George, and damn the rebels' eyes!" The rest of the time, its Stars and Stripes, though. [laugh]

Last edited:
I will be in Concord on Monday for the north bridge reenactment and then for the parade that goes to downtown. Not going to Lexington though.

On the 19th they have the dawn salute at 6am at the north bridge, but that is all on that day I believe. Too early for me :)

Back
Top Bottom