• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Patriot Ledger anti gun op ed piece.

What a complete load of crap. The conclusion that she draws has no logical connection to the article. And frankly the use of the term 'haters' to describe the assassins of the Kennedys and King is both offensive and idiotic. You have no intellectual credibility using the term in any context that does not include suburbanites doing an impression of Jamie Kennedy. And then, it's mostly pathetic. (And if you don't get the reference, that is probably a good thing.)

You should see me in my suit at work when someone criticizes me, and I respond, "Don't be a hater." Or when I am in a meeting, and I explain something about portfolio returns that a client doesn't like, and I say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game." And then people get all mad when the client takes their money somewhere else, and I'm all 'whatever!' and they're all, 'Dude, that is so not cool!' ... but I digress.

I have not heard of ANY school shootings/ other shootings, involving automatic weapons. Can some one enlighten me or is he just that bat S*** crazy?

"guns", "angry and deranged", "fanatical killers", "Trayvon Martin", "haters"

OK the article is done where's my money?

"whores", "no concept of reality", "without basis"

Those are just suggestions for her next piece. Yawn.

If she'll do that for a dollar imagine what she'll do for some serious money......

The little seal will stand on her tail bark and clap her flippers together on command. Pitiful.

Let's all toss her a fish.

Last edited:
You know, if Joann Fitzpatrick has a problem with guns, then she can try to take them from me. You know, the ones that haven't been involved in any crimes whatsoever.

But lotsaluck.

Tried finding a picture of this moonbat, all I find are links to some of the most ridiculously slanted, cliche filled, crapfests ever written.

Seriously this is 11th grade english stuff, maybe advanced english, but 11th grade nonetheless.

Could not find any picture though, so am saying right now, I would NOT hit it.

To think I delivered the Ledger as a kid 30 years ago. Today, is not a newspaper out there I would subscribe to, and I subscribed to a newspaper (not the Ledger)for 25 years. Stopped about 5 years ago don't miss the ink mess or pile up of newspaper at all. Or ridiculous writing like this.

Amyone remember when the Globe was worth it just for the Sunday sports section? Back then it was almost as big as today's entire Sunday edition. Even with all the other crap spread in the paper, in the 70's and early 80's they had some great sports writing. Course I was young then and only read the sports, and the comics anyway.

Tried finding a picture of this moonbat, all I find are links to some of the most ridiculously slanted, cliche filled, crapfests ever written.

Seriously this is 11th grade english stuff, maybe advanced english, but 11th grade nonetheless.

Could not find any picture though, so am saying right now, I would NOT hit it.

To think I delivered the Ledger as a kid 30 years ago. Today, is not a newspaper out there I would subscribe to, and I subscribed to a newspaper (not the Ledger)for 25 years. Stopped about 5 years ago don't miss the ink mess or pile up of newspaper at all. Or ridiculous writing like this.

Amyone remember when the Globe was worth it just for the Sunday sports section? Back then it was almost as big as today's entire Sunday edition. Even with all the other crap spread in the paper, in the 70's and early 80's they had some great sports writing. Course I was young then and only read the sports, and the comics anyway.

Here ya go...

fitzpatrick.jpg

I started to read it but no matter how hard I tried, "blah, blah, blah ... dried up hippie" is all I was able to pull from it. We've all read enough of these things to know what diarrhea they are dripping from their yap.

DOuche Bag, yeah I said it! Fortunatly the majority no longer agrees with her.
They are going to yell louder and louder while they still have a pulpit as things turn against. Best way to shut them up is ignore them. Don't send ad dollars their way by clicking, reading, buying, etc...

They will have to find some way to add to society instead of getting paid to take from it.

Last edited:
Probably good that the antis are writing mindless editorials like this. It is so disorganized. What exactly is it she's railing against? Guns? Machine Guns? Assasins? Racial Problems? Vigilantism? Vietnam? Opressive drug laws? The passage of time? Her brain is clearly addled.

This is one of the most unorganized article I've ever read. It's full retard. The amount of propaganda, shock journalism, and general stupidity have made this article illegible, which is unusual for teh internetz.

She talks about how she was a drugged up slut hippie journalist during the 60's when MLK was shot, and how gun ownership became a hot issue. Then she tries to draw a parallel between MLK and Martin, insinuating that MLK being assassinated should have caused guns to have been banned by now, therefore preventing Martin's death. Then she namedrops JFK and RFK. Then she goes on to say that "rabid" gun owners (WTF does that mean? Do you see me foaming at the mouth?) have the country on lockdown, then mentions Cathy Giffords getting shot and how her represented county held a raffle for a similar Glock .40 as the one she was shot with.

With every idea she conveys she pairs with it an example of someone famously being shot.

I guess this is what liberals do best, try and persuade other people to use EMOTION to react. How sad is it people eat this up.

I had to keep looking at the masthead to make sure it said "Patriot"....something is really incongruous about this op-ed piece being in something with anything on the masthead saying "Patriot"

And next week they'll have a thread completely favoring open carry.

From their wildly inconsitent takes on police issues, I've long known the Ledger editorial page has little if any credibility. While I don't want this to get hijacked into another anti-police thread, take for example the following widely divergent opinions on the Quinn Bill from two editorials six months apart:

October 2008:
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/cops_and_courts/x640093186/An-educated-approach-to-public-safety

One of the items that had been rumored to be discussed and may still be on the table is the Police Career Incentive Pay Program, commonly known as the Quinn Bill, which rewards police officers with pay increases based on attaining degrees in law and criminal justice.

We think eliminating this incentive program would be misguided and have a deleterious effect on both the quality of officers recruited and retained on forces and the morale of police who are being asked to take more than their share of cuts as the state tightens its economic belt.

The Quinn Bill is not a perk; it is a promise to police and taxpayers that we would have the best trained and educated forces available.
April 2009:
http://www.patriotledger.com/opinio...OPINION-As-always-cops-keep-their-extra-money
The Legislature is proving once again that good public policy usually takes a back seat to self-preservation. As it debates the budget, a majority of legislators have already said they will support keeping in place the “Quinn Bill” — a notorious law that rewards cops for college degrees, and which has long been the target of budget reformers.

Once again, we are seeing this fear in action. So while the cops will keep their perks and the legislators will keep their jobs, social service spending, local aid and other far more important items will have to share the leftover scraps of a decimated budget.
Despite what you might feel about the topic, the divergence in views is stunning. I have no problem with someone having an opposing view (afterall, I post here don't I?)--just don't be spineless about it.

Last edited:
as long as these are sourced from different editors, allowing such widely varying opinions among your editorial staff is actually a good thing. It's unfortunate that they allow editorials with such flagrantly biased descriptive text rather than driving them to produce facts that support their case, rather than just emotion inducing language, but good that they allow a range of opinions to be printed.

Back
Top Bottom