Passport and boarding pass please

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, right!
Here is a bad example of a tool who did not graduate from our NES Travel Series. He is focusing on prices missing all other free opportunities. He was not pampered, he did not sample anything, he was a Peeping Tom in the palace of free. Students, avoid such silliness at all costs!
View: https://youtu.be/fJmsz4zRE9g

Keeper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In Chennai, if I don't show a passport/boarding pass matching the list in the guard's hand, I can't even get into the terminal to check in. That was real problematic the night I showed up at 3am trying to get standby on a non-stop to London while holding a connection to London via Delhi. Fail. I got to schlep my bags across the impossibly hot, desolate, concrete tundra to the domestic terminal where I waited among sleeping masses and active mosquitoes until the counters opened. Showed my passport at check-in. Showed my passport in the security line. Showed my passport in duty free. Showed my passport boarding the jet. I should wear it around my neck.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't leave home with just one passport.

I don't, thanks! [grin]

2pp.jpg

Speaking of, last trip over (a few years back now), while in line (pre-security) at Dublin for the return trip, a guy came by checking credentials/passes and put a little colored sticker on the back of my (US) passport.

Reactions: AHM
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a graduate of the nes travel group would have been comparing prices with the new hampshire liquor stores.
I never buy anything in duty free because the prices are never any better than what I can buy the product for at home and I don’t like having to pick it up on my way off the plane...a lot of show for no value.
The candy bar was just something I wanted...after lingering on the overpriced Cohibas and Montecristos..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never buy anything in duty free because the prices are never any better than what I can buy the product for at home
And this statement tells me that this was the first duty free shop you've ever been in. You are very obviously wrong about pricing. I guess that's why you're feelings were hurt when you were asked to follow the rules.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I cannot figured why you are upset?

You were in a duty free shop. These are reserved for customers leaving the country. They verify this by checking your boarding pass. They did this and you got upset and left. They did their job and you didnt want to follow the procedure.
Your victim feelings make no sense to me.
This. It was a duty free shop. They are only allowed to sell to people leaving the country. In exchange, they aren’t subject to various duties and taxes.

Was this your first time flying internationally?

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Good thing you weren't in Europe, Where they usually request you BP and ID before entering. I cant imagine the hissy fit youd have thrown for not even being able to shop.
I haven’t flown that much internationally, but that hasn’t been my experience at Zurich, Barcelona, Munich, or Paris (Charles de Gaulle). My experience has been that you can walk into the duty free without showing passport and boarding pass, but you can’t buy anything without providing those documents.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I haven’t flown that much internationally, but that hasn’t been my experience at Zurich, Barcelona, Munich, or Paris (Charles de Gaulle). My experience has been that you can walk into the duty free without showing passport and boarding pass, but you can’t buy anything without providing those documents.
pretty much my experience also. as far back as the '70's, if you bought liquor you could't walk out with it, they sent it to your plane. it would come out at the baggage claim. that still happen now? don't know about the luxury stuff, never bought any. nothing new here.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
pretty much my experience also. as far back as the '70's, if you bought liquor you could't walk out with it, they sent it to your plane. it would come out at the baggage claim. that still happen now? don't know about the luxury stuff, never bought any. nothing new here.
I’ve never bought booze at duty free, just chocolate and perfume for the Mrs. I’ve seen signs at duty free shops saying alcohol would be delivered to your flight.

yogi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Personalmente deberías haber encontrado una bonita cantina y tomarte un par de cervezas.
Adios!!!

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember any of that rigamarole buying a bottle of Old Parr at Heathrow in the 90's.

(Good old days: I actually got through security with a spent Estes engine in my coat pocket;
convinced security that it was hollow, and so was nothing but cardboard and clay.
Then again, there's that story of the guy who got through customs with a disk pack
by holding it up to the light and showing them it was duty-free because it was empty).

Still got it, too.

(The Old Parr (and probably the rocket motor casing, also)).
=====
Speaking of, last trip over (a few years back now), while in line (pre-security) at Dublin for the return trip, a guy came by checking credentials/passes and put a little colored sticker on the back of my (US) passport.
Did you ask him how much you could coup by reselling the sticker after you got home?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And this statement tells me that this was the first duty free shop you've ever been in. You are very obviously wrong about pricing. I guess that's why you're feelings were hurt when you were asked to follow the rules.
Pure wrong, prices are meh in these shops all over the world. Everything from cologne to liquor, nice try though. Most people are (and maybe you) are just stupid enough to think they are getting a deal. Same with the Black Friday morons, “oh look, a colorful flyer with SALE in big letters, it must be a deal”.

Top Bottom