• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Passing Through Boston?

I've been looking through the posts here regarding passing through Boston with a handgun that holds more than 10 rounds. Is this legal if you are not on your way to a competition? I live on the cape and will be working in Chelsea for a little while.

Thanks

Well, assuming you have a Class A and the magazines are preban. If an unrestricted class A you do not need to be on your way to or from anything.

It is my understanding that Boston cops wouldn't really care whether or not you were abiding by the law, they'd book you either way out of their own confusion.

The Boston law applies ONLY to residents. Furthermore, it adds NO additional regulations regarding handguns OR handgun magazines.

As could have been learned by clicking on the sticky.

I already knew it applied ONLY to residents. But I also read this.

"The provision does not apply to possession by non-residents of Boston at a sporting or shooting club by persons who possess the requisite state license to carry."

I already knew it applied ONLY to residents. But I also read this.

"The provision does not apply to possession by non-residents of Boston at a sporting or shooting club by persons who possess the requisite state license to carry."

Which is completely immaterial since handguns and their magazines are not affected.

if you go through Boston common make sure to bring a shotgun with you encase of bear attacks. Its the law
I usually just bring a box of used needles. If anyone starts any trouble, dump them on the ground and the friendly locals scurry to pick them up. Give you time for a clean getaway.

Back
Top Bottom