PASSING OF BILL RICCA

We have lost a great guy!

Bill was known by anyone that collected military fire arms. I first met Bill at the Springfield Gun Show, where Bill would have several tables of firearm parts and accessories. All original and no fakes. A few years ago I noticed he was not at Springfield and found out he could non longer could attend shows, and he was selling off his inventory on line.

Note: The Carbine Club maintains Bill's original Website (see below) which is a wonderful trove of information,
I shall plant a tree in his memory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obituary https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...illiam-j-ricca

William J. Ricca, 77, of New Tripoli, PA, passed away on February 7, 2023 in Topton Lutheran Home, Topton, PA. He was the husband of Suzanne T. Miller for the past 39 years. Born in Brooklyn, NY, he was a son of the late Joseph and Evelyn (Mirto) Ricca. Bill was a decorated Vietnam War Army Veteran, having received a bronze star with valor, a purple heart, and a national defense service medal.

Bill graduated from Rutgers University, NJ, with a BA in Business Administration. He later went on to own and operate William J. Ricca Surplus Sales, specializing in military collectibles. He was a member of St. Peter’s (Lynnville) UCC Church. Bill was a past president of Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, Easton, PA, and a former Director of Garand Collectors Association.

Survivors include his loving wife, Suzanne; brother, John (Nancy) Ricca of Gettysburg; Carol Ricca wife of Howard Low of Marlton, NJ; and many friends. There will be a memorial service held at a later date. Private interment, with military honors, at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, PA. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests a way to honor Bill’s memory would be to spend some time talking with a veteran.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of William J. Ricca

Last edited:
Deeply saddened to hear this,, i enjoyed visiting with him at Springfield, and he always had unique Garand parts to show and sell. I got some good stuff off him and his advice was priceless. RIP Sir.

I read about his passing over at the M14 forum . It saddens me that we are now in an era where we are loosing these individuals whom possessed so much historical weapons knowledge. The vast majority of our next generations of firearms enthusists only seem to be interested in modern tacti-cool weapons, not vintage "wood and steel" .

Sorry to hear that a gun guy passed… there are not enough of them.

but I need to tell you a Billerica story.
When I worked in RI at the electronics division of a company- they had their research and development facility in Billerica.
Most of the employees had no idea about it or what it was.
Sometimes I would mention that I had to go to Billerica for a meeting and their eyes would get very big.
It took me awhile to realize that Bill Ricca was a hit man for the RI mob and they thought I was meeting with him.

It didn’t help that when I was in collage in Boston, I worked in the summer for a “Rick” Ricadilli that drove for one of the Boston mob guys.
BTW Rick was funny- one night he took me to a bar in Southie. When we walked in there was one guy sitting at the bar that didn’t seem to care about anything. Rick whispered something to the bartender and told me to follow him. We went into the men’s room then through a door into a smoke filled room with about a dozen people - Including a few fantastic looking women. Things got really quiet until Rick said “He’s OK” and things went back to normal.
Then Rick told me to be nice, just watch, don’t get into a card game, and be polite to the women because I would loose my pants and my balls if I was stupid.

Back
Top Bottom