1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Passenger kicked off of Southwest Airlines flight after making vodka joke

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KVX, May 14, 2019.

1. KVX

KVX

Passenger kicked off of Southwest Airlines flight after making vodka joke

“He said something [like], 'They should be passing out vodka because we’ve been waiting so long,’” Uzelac said.

Uzelac says the flight attendant, who he described as young, did not take kindly to that comment.

“She came by and was like, ‘I don’t think that and I didn’t like your joke,’” he explained. “Then my wife tried to butt in there and say, ‘Look it, we’ve been on this plane for hours.’ And she says, ‘Well, so have I, so get used to it.’”

Source: Passenger kicked off of Southwest Airlines flight after making vodka joke

2. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

f***ing snowflake generation

*CJK*, xtry51, Daddy Mac and 3 others like this.
  3. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

Stewardess (Yes, I said stewardess), should grow a thicker skin or she won't have that job very long. Lawsuit anyone?

xtry51, fishgutzy and Jason Flare like this.
  4. teaser452

teaser452

Being a frequent flier, stewardesses are hit or miss. I’ve had some great ones, and I’ve had some that I wanted to throw out of the plane.

But this is a whacky story.

Mountain likes this.
  5. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

While we all know about contempt of cop, contempt of flight attendant is also becoming a thing. I notice they tend to not tolerate the slightest amount of questioning or commentary, nor put up with a moment of hesitation if they give a command to a passenger.

Mountain and mibro like this.
  6. John4166

John4166 NES Member

Ever since 911 flight crews have adopted an arrogant controlling type of attitude. The 911 attack was a gift to government and control freaks.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    *CJK*, sbi, goslow and 13 others like this.
  7. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

this

mibro likes this.
  8. appraiser

appraiser NES Member

They don't call it SOUTHWORST for nothing

9. wiryone1

wiryone1

On a power trip... respect my authority!

AOC’s cousin?

10. Mr.E

Mr.E

I avoid them primarily because I absolutely hate their boarding process...

11. igrace7092

igrace7092 NES Member

Believe it or not some people don't understand that you don't have to pay any attention to any stupid comment that any stupid idiot makes. You can just ignore it and go about your day. I don't think they teach these advanced social skills in school anymore.

xtry51, Mountain and kevin9 like this.
  12. ReluctantDecoy

ReluctantDecoy

This should be treated like a bomb hoax call. She basically utilized a high security protocol just because she didn't like a very innocuous comment. There was no threat, no danger, and no real trouble. To then have police waste their time and waste the time and money for everyone on the plane, as well as the airline itself--this should be treated no differently than someone getting caught pulling the fire alarm at an airport when there is no fire.

sbi, strangenh, JayMcB and 2 others like this.
  13. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

Is there an airline with a good boarding process?

But I can say where the worst boarding is. Japan. The moment they start announcing rows that get to board, everyone just crams towards the gate 20 people wide no matter where they actually sit.

14. Brin747

Brin747 NES Member

Really? I fly over 100k miles a year on Delta and can count on one hand the number of flight attendants I run into that are not friendly and easy to get along with...

What always amazes me is the way gate agents can tolerate the sheer volume of bullshit they are subjected to. People don't seem to realize that they have no control over the delays that are experienced in the world of aviation, and seem to feel entitled to lash out at the gate agent as though they have any control over the weather or anything else.

wilson911 likes this.
  15. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

I agree, Shitty FA, should be charged with filing a false report.

-Mike

sbi and Palladin like this.
  16. drgrant

I won't excuse their shitty behavior but have you seen some of the imbeciles you're often traveling with lately? [rofl]

I agree that TSA/gov bullshit has made everything worse though. Instead of just retards, now you have angry retards getting on the plane, too. This in turn pisses off the crew, and everyone is on edge, etc.

I usually breathe a sigh of relief when I'm at a gate somewhere and I don't see people causing bullshit at the gate... [rofl]

-Mike

JayMcB, rali and Mountain like this.
  17. fishgutzy

fishgutzy

I've been on flights where the average age was for flight attendants was definitely over 50. I've seen a few that were at least 70 working a 14 hour flight to China.

Mountain likes this.
  18. drgrant

In the last dozen or so plane rides I've been on, I've never had a "bad" FA on JetBlue. About the closest I've seen is one mildly irritated gate
    agent... [laugh]

-Mike

mibro likes this.
  19. daekken

daekken NES Member

I never understood why people rushed to get on a plane. You're going to be stuck in a small area for a least a few hours...I want to board as late as possible...you have a reserved seat... "let's hurry up so we can cram ourselves into a small space for even longer!"

20. Mr.E

Mr.E

No, no there is not. People are slow sheep, too many people with sh*t in the overhead compartments, the list goes on.
    But flying for work I go first/business class so getting on the plane first, getting a drink/food/anything before the dumb dumbs even get on is great.

WHY the airlines get people with strollers to go first is irritating. First should be people without overhead luggage, then overhead luggage, then large objects/strollers/babies...I don't want to wait for 8 mothers to wrestle with strollers, baby toys, babies, etc. I need a private jet, period.

21. drgrant

They rush because it usually is the start of the informal competition between mega skinflint douchebag retards to see who can consume all the overhead bin space in the slowest, most inefficient way possible. Also, otherwise usually theres less "churn" and awkwardness at the beginning. Just going to your seat is easier than asking two people to get the f*** out so you can get to your window seat.

-Mike

JayMcB, Greg, rali and 1 other person like this.
  22. daekken

daekken NES Member

I never use the overhead bins, so I guess that's why. They'll stow your stuff underneath at no charge if it doesn't fit though...

23. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

Only one good reason, that being room in the overhead bins. Board too late, and you have to send your carry on with all the fragile expensive stuff you didn't want TSA to steal, back to the front to get checked in.

Fasteddie17 and sbi like this.
  24. daekken

daekken NES Member

I just bring a backpack and put it under the seat in front of me.

BigTimber, Prepper and Jason Flare like this.
  25. appraiser

appraiser NES Member

I have never had a bad interaction with a member of a flight crew.

I primarily fly Spirit or Jet Blue, I have flown SouthWORST and have sworn them off, DELTA is on my sh*t list due to anti union activity, The rest just don't go where I go for reasonable money.

I am a non current Private pilot, so I am an aviation geek.

I understand that the last thing a Captain wants to do is divert into an airport where they don't have gates in order to deal with problem passenger.

It is hard to deal with a problem passenger at FL370

But this one is off the stupidity chart.

Where was the FEDERAL Passenger Bill of Rights?
    There is a limit as to how long passengers can be kept on a plane, after 2 hours they must provide food and drink,after 3 hours they have to let you off.

I have been the victim of tarmac delays in Florida where we were held on an active taxiway due to there being no open gates due to ground operations stopped for an hour after a lightning strike... each new lightning event resets the clock, and since we were on an active runway they did not serve food or drink.

I was the victim of a pull back to the gate delay, I wisely chose to exit the aircraft and re book on another flight. People who got off and left their carry on on the aircraft were not allowed to re board until the plane was cleared to go. I got back to Boston on a flight 6 hours later and my original flight was still sitting at the gate in Florida.

Both of these disasters were Jet Blue flights

Only once have I seen a flight attendant abused by a passenger, and I told that passenger in no uncertain terms to shut her mouth. I gave the attendant my business card and told her if there was a complaint filed against her to let me know and I would give a statement to support her.

I used to fly south every 3 weeks or so... fly down Thursday afternoon, come back Sunday night...I have not been south since the beginning of March, I am going next month to pass papers on a house, after that I have no trips booked... I am sick of flying commercially. I am sick of TSA, I am sick of being treated like Cattle, I'm sick of Jet blue charging premium prices for poor performance... they are always late or delayed.... Spirit has been great, much better performance than JBU for 25% of the price.... and at those prices if I get screwed I got exactly what I paid for but so far they have outperformed JBU hands down.

If the airlines want to know the reason their passengers are unhappy, all they have to do is look in the mirror

The5thDentist and AHM like this.
  26. timbo

timbo Navy Veteran NES Member

I will drive to my destination if I possibly can...There's really nothing like seeing the US from windshield level.

Fasteddie17 and Daddy Mac like this.
  27. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I try to avoid checking in stuff so I don't have to deal with the luggage carousel chaos. Therefore, overhead bin. Although I have flown with only a back pack that I shove under the seat. But do note if you do that, they give you trouble when entering another country. Doesn't have enough for daily clothing changes for a week, must be terrorist. It couldn't be that I know my destination sells shirts for $2 each and I'm just going to buy what I need, then leave it all there when I leave.

28. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Airlines work very hard on being hated. Even Lufthansa is charging you now for a privilege to select a seat on the plane. Enjoy the remains of the great flying times now, soon we will be hanging in the planes like smoked sausages and from time to time they will spray us with cold water just to keep us aware of our miserable surroundings.

I am lucky I still remember better times;
    pa_ad_europe_is_only_a_dream_away_1956.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    AHM, Mountain and Jason Flare like this.
  29. WanMan99

WanMan99 NES Life Member NES Member

Jet Blue has turned from a consistent get you there on time with minimum fuss, to one of the worst in a very short time. My employer just gave us all A-List on Southwest and since they fly direct almost every where I have to go I use them the most (air greyhound).
    Flying just sucks, I like to go places, I just don't like getting there.....

40 caliber and 10thSFFD like this.
  30. Snora

Snora

Complaining to the person that can't do anything about the delay is truly the most stereotypical middle-aged person move.