• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Parts to rebuild preban Glock 17 Mag?

Hello folks,

Just picked up a couple pre-ban mags for my G17. The earlier generation "U" mags that arent FML. They are in great shape cosmetically but the they have trouble feeding the last couple rounds. Perhaps due to a old, maybe weak spring.

In older forum posts I saw links to Glockparts and such to get rebuild kits like springs and followers for these older mags but the links are no longer valid or the kits otherwise unavailable at this point.

Where can I get the parts I need to refresh these old mags? Are at least the springs the same as the current mags? Like the Glock part # 33509?

Mike

Hello folks,

Just picked up a couple pre-ban mags for my G17. The earlier generation "U" mags that arent FML. They are in great shape cosmetically but the they have trouble feeding the last couple rounds. Perhaps due to a old, maybe weak spring.

In older forum posts I saw links to Glockparts and such to get rebuild kits like springs and followers for these older mags but the links are no longer valid or the kits otherwise unavailable at this point.

Where can I get the parts I need to refresh these old mags? Are at least the springs the same as the current mags? Like the Glock part # 33509?

Mike

I don't mean to be mean, but did you try google?

https://www.gunsprings.com/GLOCK ®/cID1/mID5/dID116#148

Springs

https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=glock+magazine+spring&ksubmit=y

That took me less time than to copy-n-paste the links.

Oh I definitely found Glock Mag springs. The ones you point out and others. The key question is if they will work in the old "U" mags. And if there are followers that work in these old mags too.

Like I mentioned, there was , at one time, rebuild kits (spring and follower) specifically for these old mags. I just cant find them at this point, hence looking for advice.

IDK for sure but
should be a #6 follower? Then you just count the coils. 17 round 9mm IIRC is 10 coils.
Try Glock USA. Its been a while since I have played with Glocks. Im sure Brownells has rebuild kits also.

Get a standard G17 mag spring and a 9mm3 follower and you’ll be all set. If you’re planning a full magazine overhaul you could get some factory plus 2 extensions as well. I would avoid any other aftermarket base pads for U Notch magazines.

Back
Top Bottom