• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Parts for Mosin Archangel build

I'm looking to build an archangel mosin. My problem is I don't want to use my Mosin or breakup an existing Mosin. I believe in keeping the history of the gun together if I can. That leads me to find a parts gun or just the parts needed to add to the stock. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction to locate the Mosin parts. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gonna be hard to find a mosin minus stock .
Why not just buy a mosin? You don't mod the gun in any way . You can allways loosen two bolts and swap the stocks.

If it's cause you want to mount a scope you could use a real mosin sniper with a different mount for a moderne scope like Boris did with his t53.
Or just make a sniper clone.

I'm looking to build an archangel mosin. My problem is I don't want to use my Mosin or breakup an existing Mosin. I believe in keeping the history of the gun together if I can. That leads me to find a parts gun or just the parts needed to add to the stock. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction to locate the Mosin parts. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A bunch of places are selling type 53s with cracked stocks for ~$80 right now - you might pick one of those up.

I've been acquiring barreled actions off that broker auction site. Most have bolts and mag/triggers.

Working on 2 archangel builds currently. I need to sort out brakes and barrel lengths.

Last edited:
Hmm... What's the price like. Obrez idea in my head.

Wouldn't that only be possible if the action hadn't been removed from a stock while in the country? I'm guessing most of these are taken out of badly damaged stocks after being imported - would there be a way to tell?

No I'm thinking of cutting up the receivers legaly and rewelding . I've looked I to this a bit. But havnt gotten all the info to tell the ATF I destroyed 3 guns etc .
Obrez = pistol mosin . Only way to do it legally is to sbr/aow a mosin or make a new receiver. I can find front halfs but no rear sections .

Back
Top Bottom