Parsons AR mags, wiggle in magazine well, any fix?

Got some pre-ban magazines for my tavor X95 the other day and even though they are parsons mags, the same as the 20rd'er that I had on hand already which fits perfect, they all wiggle front to back really bad when I insert the mags in the rifle.
Going to take a caliper to these tomorrow and see where the difference is, but it looks like they are shorter on the side with the 'hump' on it that points rearwards on the rifle.
Aside from making shims for all of these mags are there any other fixes for them?
Did some digging online couldnt find anyone else with this issue which is weird I thought this would be pretty common with so many different vendors out there.

theres a LOT more wiggle than some paint would address. as a test I put some 16 gauge bits on there and it was pretty close.
If I bump the mag while its feeding a round it might give me a F2F issue.

Do you have any calipers and a mag that doesn't wiggle?

Check to see if the preban is crushed a little in

theres a LOT more wiggle than some paint would address. as a test I put some 16 gauge bits on there and it was pretty close.
If I bump the mag while its feeding a round it might give me a F2F issue.

So what you’re saying is, WTS pre-ban AR magazines, will fit traditional unflared magwells just fine... 🤣

yeah Im gonna measure them out. the difference looks like its on the front to back not side to side.
If I was in NH Id just buy some PMAGs at like half the price and call it a day.

yeah Im gonna measure them out. the difference looks like its on the front to back not side to side.
If I was in NH Id just buy some PMAGs at like half the price and call it a day.
Have you actually ran the mags for full function?
Load them up , put them through the paces, if they dont work toss them in the junk draw.
Pre ban mags are not hard to find even in this crazy time. Look often and jump on them if you like the price.

The center industry mag that I use does have a fair bit of play or wiggle. It doesn't concern me though. It seems about the same amount of play any ar has. Will be testing it out soon though.

Have you actually ran the mags for full function?
Load them up , put them through the paces, if they dont work toss them in the junk draw.
Pre ban mags are not hard to find even in this crazy time. Look often and jump on them if you like the price.
Only two things keeping me from doing this are ammo prices and snow.

Back
Top Bottom