1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Parents of coddled mentally ill children speak out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Mar 15, 2019.

1. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Now the viewpoint from the other side on the whole transgender debacle (no - I did not spell debate incorrectly):

In Their Own Words: Parents of Kids Who Think They Are Trans Speak Out - Public Discourse

===========

When a child says he is transgender, we are expected nowadays to accept and celebrate this announcement.

But there are many parents who are not celebrating. They are suffering in silence. They know their children were not born in the wrong bodies and that hormones and surgeries are not the answers to their discomfort and confusion.

Their stories are heartbreaking. Here they are, in their own words.

~ ~ ~

I was shocked when my thirteen-year-old daughter told me she was really my transgender son. She had no masculine interests and hated all sports. But as a smart, quirky teen on the autism spectrum, she had a long history of not fitting in with girls.

Where did she get the idea she was transgender? From a school presentation—at a school where over 5 percent of the student body called themselves trans or nonbinary, and where several students were already on hormones, and one had a mastectomy at the age of sixteen. In my daughter’s world—in real life and online—transgender identities are common, and hormones and surgeries are no big deal.

I took her to a gender clinician seeking expert guidance. Instead, he accepted her new identity and told me I must refer to my daughter with masculine pronouns, call her by a masculine name, and buy her a binder to flatten her breasts. He recommended no therapy, and there was no consideration of the social factors that obviously affected her thinking. I was directed to put her on puberty blocking drugs. I was falsely assured that these drugs were well-studied, and that they were a perfectly safe way for her to “explore gender.” I was told that if I did not comply, she would be at higher risk of suicide.

I have nowhere to go for proper help. Therapists are actively trained and socially pressured not to question these increasingly common identities. In Washington, DC, and many states with so-called conversion therapy bans, questioning a child’s belief that she is of the opposite sex is against the law.

I have been living this nightmare for over four years. And despite my best efforts, my daughter plans to medically transition when she turns eighteen later this year.

=========

So - the schools are filling the children's heads with bullshit and lies - and literally destroying them for the rest of their lives

==========

My daughter, at age fourteen, spontaneously decided that she is actually a male. After suffering multiple traumatic events in her life and spending a large amount of time on the internet, she announced that she was “trans.” Her personality changed almost overnight, and she went from being a sweet, loving girl to a foul-mouthed, hateful “pansexual male.” At first, I thought she was just going through a phase. But the more I tried to reason with her, the more she dug her heels in. Around this time, she was diagnosed with ADHD, depression, and anxiety. But mental health professionals seemed mainly interested in helping her process her new identity as a male and convincing me to accept the notion that my daughter is actually my son.

At age sixteen, my daughter ran away and reported to the Department of Child Services that she felt unsafe living with me because I refused to refer to her using male pronouns or her chosen male name. Although the Department investigated and found she was well cared for, they forced me to meet with a trans-identified person to “educate” me on these issues. Soon after, without my knowledge, a pediatric endocrinologist taught my daughter—a minor—to inject herself with testosterone. My daughter then ran away to Oregon where state law allowed her—at the age of seventeen, without my knowledge or consent—to change her name and legal gender in court, and to undergo a double mastectomy and a radical hysterectomy.

My once beautiful daughter is now nineteen years old, homeless, bearded, in extreme poverty, sterilized, not receiving mental health services, extremely mentally ill, and planning a radial forearm phalloplasty (a surgical procedure that removes part of her arm to construct a fake penis).

The level of heartbreak and rage I am experiencing, as a mother, is indescribable. Why does Oregon law allow children to make life-altering medical decisions? As a society, we are rightly outraged about “female circumcision.” Why are doctors, who took an oath to first do no harm, allowed to sterilize and surgically mutilate mentally ill, delusional children?

===========

Planned Parenthood is apparently branching out. If they can't kill the kids in the womb , they'll get them later and destroy their lives (as well as prevent them from ever reproducing):

========

I was wrong. In only one visit, and with just a little bit of blood work, Planned Parenthood will cheerfully enable young women and men to pursue their “authentic” selves through cross-sex hormones. All that’s needed is a few bucks and signing a form that the risks have been disclosed and understood.

That is the route my daughter took at the tender age of twenty, bypassing her psychiatrist altogether.

My husband wrote to Planned Parenthood, explaining her mental-health history and providing her doctor’s name and telephone number. Planned Parenthood’s lawyer wrote back curtly that they presume anyone over eighteen is capable of giving informed consent.

No matter what anyone thinks of Planned Parenthood’s other services, the fact that they will instantly prescribe powerful hormones with many unknown long-term effects—especially to people with underlying mental-health issues—should shock one’s conscience. People need to know that this is Planned Parenthood’s new line of business.

=========

More at the link...............

xjma99 likes this.

2. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Here's what you're dealing with in todays society:

Parents Of Coddled Mentally Ill Children Speak Out

Comment:

" So it’s illegal for a doctor to give a 16 year old male testosterone so that he can make the football team, but it’s OK for the doctor to give a 16 year old female testosterone so that she can call herself a guy and then try out for the football team.

Makes total sense … in the Bizarro World or the Twilight Zone. '

Brewer, igrace7092, Woodsy and 11 others like this.
  3. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

And some people wonder why other people snap and go on rampages. How those parents keep it together with docs like that is beyond me

fencer, Souljaofgod and mibro like this.
  4. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Well - if you noticed , it was written by 5 women. So the "parents" are more likely one parent - and it's a single woman. At least one out of the five is part of a lesbian couple.

Point here is: there's likely a deeper issue here that the womenfolk are either not admitting to or completely unaware of.

I actually know somebody who is dealing with this exact situation with their daughterish offspring. Angela is now Adam , or thinks they are.

The mother is beside herself - just like the women in that article. Because she knows where this path most usually leads, and she fears for her offspring. But the truth is that the mother as well as the father - are all screwed up. There's a total of five kids between the three the mother had with the father and the two the father had with his first wife.

Not a single one of them isn't screwed up in some way.

The thing I find to be an extremely bad indicator - is the fact that what these women are writing about is that "society" - meaning the schools , and the doctors, and organizations like Planned Parenthood - appear to be PUSHING this shit on kids.

It's one thing for parents to be all screwed up and mess up their kids. It's an entirely different thing to have society PUSHING you into mental illness and destroying your life.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    new guy likes this.
  5. knoxy

knoxy NES Member

Howie Carr had a segment the other day about a MA bill that essentially banned anything, including therapy that spoke against trannys. Parents seeking therapy for their kid could have the kid taken by DcF.

IIRC, it passed the MA house by a huge majority.

Shit's f***ed up.

ridleyman and mibro like this.
  6. mibro

mibro NES Member

Two words. Endocrine disruptors. We're swimming in them. Anyone who has applied sunscreen to their small child's skin is guilty, just for a start.

And then what we have here is a vicious circle of malice.

Our ancestors were a lot smarter than us.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. boiler_eng

boiler_eng NES Member

1) Most of these examples are dealing with people who are now adults. These mothers just want to treat their offspring like dumb kids after they are 18.

2)If they are doing it to find and identity or get a sense of belonging they already have a problem the parents should have been working with them on.

3) Once you are 18 you can go through all sorts of body modifications, if you regret it later not my problem.

4) I have no doubt that some identify as ____ just because it will offer them the opportunity to possibly fit in. Those situations rarely get solved by the parents taking a hardline denial policy. Just drives a wedge so the kid will not interact with the parents. Surprise surprise one kid ran off across the country.

Since when has conversion therapy ever worked? Can't say I know the science on every method but sure as shit behavioral modification and lobotomies are just going to cause problems and not solve anything.

Whiskeywon, Mesatchornug and drgrant like this.
  8. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

You obviously didn't even read the article, or possibly you have lysdexia or something. You should also maybe check into some remedial math and English courses so you can get the concept of "most" correct.

#1:
    " I was shocked when my thirteen-year-old daughter told me she was really my transgender son. Where did she get the idea she was transgender? From a school presentation—at a school where over 5 percent of the student body called themselves trans or nonbinary"

#2:
    " My daughter, at age fourteen, spontaneously decided that she is actually a male. But mental health professionals seemed mainly interested in helping her process her new identity as a male and convincing me to accept the notion that my daughter is actually my son."

#3:
    "In August of 2017, our seventh grade daughter came home from sleepaway camp believing she was a boy."

#4:
    "My daughter spent her childhood happily engaging in what one would call typical, girly activities, with no gender-stereotyping encouragement from us at all. Everything changed after she went to college. That is the route my daughter took at the tender age of twenty,"

#5:
    "At the age of seventeen, after immersion on Tumblr and after two of her oldest and closest friends in high school declared themselves transgender, our daughter told us that she is “really a guy.” "

Numbers 1, 2 and 3 blow your assertion of "most" right out of the water (3/5 does not = "most"). There's no place in society or the law that even remotely considers those girls "adults".

#5 - at age 17 , *might* be considered an adult according to some people's concepts - but the law AND society pretty much doesn't consider you an adult for anything remotely considered to be responsible adult behavior at that age.

The only one that is maybe solidly in "adult" territory is the one who went away to college and decided at age 20 to screw up her life. But even then our society doesn't consider her a full adult - because she can't go out and buy a pistol. Or thanks to Obama - be responsible for her own health insurance.

MA wants to push the age defined as "juvenile" - up to 21:

Bill would classify 18- to 21-year-olds as juveniles

========

At a briefing Thursday on a series of bills that would raise the upper limit on juvenile jurisdiction from 18 to 21, lawmakers and researchers cited recidivism statistics and neurological and sociological studies to make their case, saying that the population known as “emerging adults” could be better served under the juvenile justice system and its supports.

Lael Chester, a research fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School, said brain development is not complete until the mid-20s or later, and 18- to 20-year-olds are developmentally similar to their 16- and 17-year-old peers, exhibiting traits including volatility, impulsiveness, susceptibility to peer influence and willingness to take risks.

She said emerging adults drive a disproportionately large share of the criminal justice system, making up 10 percent of the Massachusetts population but 29 percent of arrests and 23 percent of the state’s incarcerated population. They also have the highest recidivism rates among all age groups, Chester said, with 76 percent of 18- to 24-year-olds released from jail or prison in 2011 re-arraigned within three years.

=========

So - based on the above assertions by "experts" EVERY SINGLE ONE of these cases are examples of CHILDREN making decisions they are NOT competent to make.

In either case - I'd still spend some time researching the concept of "most" on the internet if I was you, or maybe start with actually reading the article first before commenting.

mibro likes this.
  9. boiler_eng

boiler_eng NES Member

18 later this year (A minor for now)

(Still a minor)

NOW

Okay so you think you are right because I would have been more accurate if I said simple majority?.[rofl]

Gonna support your feelings with nanny state BS about 18 year olds being children, when we all know in any other context you would be mocking that idea?[puke]

Now is a shorter word than most so you should be able to handle finding the definition but JIC.

now
    /nou/

adverb
    1. 1.
      at the present time or moment.

I used the word to describe the ages of the offspring at present moment, as that is the context that I am judging their daily actions. I will admit I forgot the first subject was still 17, so I was thinking 4/5 instead of the 3/5 aka 60% aka simple majority.[wave]

Jason Flare likes this.
  10. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

Curious how often this stuff is being pushed in schools in the Bronx, East LA, south side of Chicago, etc.

11. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

I don't pay any never mind to any of that dumb shit. Jack.

CK30 and fencer like this.
  12. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

It doesn't matter which words you try to use - three out of the five were clearly minors. The 17 year old is debateable. The college girl should be considered an adult - IHMO, I'll give you that.

You're correct - I mock the idea that 18 year olds should be considered "children". But the law is what the law is, and what it is lately is grab-bag of bullshit.

In any case - the majority, most - whatever word you choose to use - of the children detailed in the article were ........ children.

mibro likes this.
  13. Path-Finder

Path-Finder

This is why you have to constantly be talking to your children. The Media (News, Hollywood, TV, Music) has clearly shown it's bias in many things, including this issue, so you better be instilling your children with your values and molding them before the entertainment industry does. It doesn't help that academia is against you as well. It's difficult in this age of two working parents and long hours but once you become a parent that is now your most important job. Monitor what they watch, listen to and read and keep open communication with them. You also have to know who their friends are and how they influence them. And especially what they are being taught in school. When I was kid growing up in Chelmsford teachers rarely would interject with their opinions. In highschool it was more often. When I had to call them out on their bias they would typically shut up. Times have changed. I'm sure if a kid dissents they are immediately shouted down.

mibro likes this.
  14. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

There's a whole bunch of people wondering why people snap all over the world right now.

Because a couple of mosques got shot up in New Zealand.

The response from the "mainstream" - as well as a bunch of so-called christians: is to double down on apologizing to Muslims.

Are ANY of these people outraged by the fact that the "system" they support - is encouraging children to screw themselves up so badly that they don't even know what gender they are?

And these same people will attend pussy hat marches - screaming and yelling about women's equality - and have one of their main speakers be muslim woman?

They'll also march in gay pride parades - yelling and screaming about their trans identity - and then get all pissed off if you say a bad thing about Muslims.

Do you think ANY of these people understand the lunatic irony of what they're doing?

I doubt it.

Once you understand the circle of insanity that seems to be holding the Western world in a death grip - it makes total sense why that guy shot up Christchurch.

15. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Well I'm hoping that by the time my 4 month old makes it to school age the whole damn thing collapses in on itself so I don't have to be that guy who's constantly visiting the school administration office.

One of my close friends has 3 daughters , 2 have gone thru the Chelmsford school system - and one is still in it. His wife teaches in the school system as well (just started a few years ago). So far - his kids all seem relatively normal. I haven't heard any stories of leftie lunatic influence them from him. I suppose I should ask him sometime how he thought the schools were.

16. TLB

TLB

I know of a case of a schizophrenic ward of the state of Massachusetts that is currently undergoing the hormone therapy part of a transition. They have no real concept of reality, yet they are deemed suitable to make this life-altering decision. Best part is, we all get to pay for it. I would look at whoever is getting rich off of this "therapy".

The first NONbinary citizen in the US has recently come out saying it's all a sham.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    calsdad likes this.
  17. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

18. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

The left specifically and society in general has given way too much attention to these people. They’ve enabled them to the point that we have to give in to them or you’re labeled a homophobe or whatever. Then they will call you out and try to ruin you. They have effectively “weaponized” the whole thing. It’s all a crock. I had a girlfriend a while back who’s sister was an on again off again lesbian. I swear it was for attention. She just hadn’t been ridden correctly so she decided she liked women.

mibro and calsdad like this.
  19. teaser452

teaser452

I’ve got a cousin who transitioned. She, now a he, is one messed up individual. Can’t hold a job and is essentially supported by her (his) large family. It will not end well for her.

But you can’t say anything, otherwise the family will shun you. Another cousin did say something. Once. Banishment and accusations of racism, sexism, hatred and being a bad Catholic. She learned the hard way. She keeps her mouth shut now.

I don’t attend any family get together where she (he) will be. Because I cannot and will not keep my mouth shut. Someone needs to stand up and tell her(he) how misguided she (he) is. For me, it just isn’t worth the backlash.

But, these days, if you don’t go along with their ideas, they call you names. That’s what the left has devolved into.

I don’t care. When it all burns down, they’ll be sad. It’s probably coming sooner than a lot of us think.

Roadglide, CoastieRon, mibro and 3 others like this.
  20. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

No they werent thats why they died at 30 from melanoma.

We need to embrace the trans group because they are the best lobbyiest group in the last 100 years in politics

Also if we had any sense and fairness. Wed make 26 the age where u can apply for this surgery. That way these f***ing idiots can figure out who they are and if indeed they want to drop 100k to rework the plumbing

21. Pete85

Pete85

It seems like a common theme, at least among the examples in the article, that there are severe mental issues long before the child announced that they are transgender, and at no point prior to the child making this announcement did the mental health professional that they were routinely seeing have any hint of this situation.

xtry51 likes this.
  22. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

This is all part of the lefts agenda to destroy norms in society so that down the road .. "acceptance" of even more radical ways are smaller steps to which people will acquiesce. The left has an agenda of a "thousand cuts". Moral relativity is the goal where nothing is wrong and nothing is right. In this type of society, you can justify anything you want. Happened in 1938 and the left is running the playbook. Even to the point where they are defending antisemitism within their ranks ..

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Brewer and Cowgirlup like this.
  23. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

Schools need to be banned from teaching anything besides Math, History, Languages, Geography, Music, Art ...

It is not their goddamn job to teach young kids about transgenders or society, that is up to the parents.

They are helping to seriously f*** up these kids.

I cant tell you how many girls in school were "Bi-sexual" only to then not really be bi-sexual and date guys in college. Most of the time it is a call for attention, a rebellion stage that every teenager goes through. Now the schools and doctors are actually helping these kids. Discusting.

fencer, tuna, CoastieRon and 3 others like this.
  24. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

25. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

I see an awful lot of people who seem to be operating under the illusion that this insanity can just continue on into infinity.

They're the type of people who operate under the: " add one more brick onto the donkey's back - they said he could only carry 50 and we already have 75 on there, he can obviously carry more".

I'm starting to think you may be right: the burn down is a lot closer than we think. Problem is - I don't think some of these people are going to be sad, they're going to be dead. What happens
    when things really go to shit is that the high overhead people end up becoming dead weight and/or huge liabilities. So they end up getting themselves dead.

It's like those WW2 movies where the group of Jews is hiding out from the Gestapo in the secret room in the basement. You can hear the footsteps upstairs - and some young mother's baby starts crying. "Shut that baby up!!" - but the baby won't shut up. So the baby ends up getting itself smothered so the group survives.

That's what is going to happen to a lot of these lunatics when things REALLY go to shit IMHO. The overhead of keeping them alive and indulging their lunatic fantasies will be too high - so they will be dealt with..... harshly.

26. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

One of the arguments the "trans community" makes - is that once you reach your 20's - it's "too late" to really have an effective "transition".

Because once you're that age the male or female hormones have pretty much irreversibily made your body male or female. You can start taking hormones in your 20's and get your dick chopped off - but your body has developed irreversibly into a male body and you're never going to really be "female".

So they argue that young teens or even children should be allowed to take the hormones and make the decision to transition.

Like a lot of lunacy pushed by the left - they always have some scientificky sounding excuses that maybe even sound plausible on the surface. I honestly believe myself that there probably are people out there who truly have a female brain trapped in a male body - or vice versa. There's all sorts of screwed up malfunctions that can happen to human beings , so that one is entirely likely to be real.

Problem is - to truly diagnose it -you'd likely need a pretty extensive evaluation including brain scans and testing and genetic evaluation and stuff like that. And the amount of people who truly have it - is likely to be a very small percentage of the population.

It sounds like that's not even close to what is going on. Kids are getting it into their head that they're transgender - and the schools and medical "professionals" are just giving them meds and hormones.

It should be criminal.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  27. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NES Member

Saddle up kids, I got a story to tell you. Over Christmas, I was at my friend's house up in Ontario, Canada. He's retired, his wife is not yet retired, but works with one of the hospitals in Central Ontario. Trans reassignment is covered by the provincial single payer healthcare. She told me that they had to put a psych specialist to go through a process in order to evaluate whether persons under 18 were ready. You know why? Because they experienced an 80% failure rate. 80% of kids wanted to go back, found out they couldn't and the wave of f***ed up children left the province's healthcare system scrambling to put in checks and balances.

TLB, mibro and calsdad like this.
  28. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Excellent.

So now you've brought up yet another aspect of this whole mess: the massive increase in health care costs.

TLB likes this.
  29. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

I don't think it's ever a good idea to listen to a group of people who's suicide rate is 40% (i.e. transgender). Live how you want, but if you're going to stand around and preach like the 99% of other people should care, I'm going to treat you like I treat the Jehovah's witnesses that knock on my door. Politely go f*** yourself away from my sight

calsdad likes this.
  30. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Dear God. This thread is depressing the heck out of me. Thank you Hollywood and the Media for pulling this crap on poor young people. A-holes.

I don't wish death on anyone. It's just not my thing.

But everyone pushing this "TransOK, You'reOK" bullspit - whether they know it's crap or are ignorant, I wish painful non-life-threatening ass-cancer.