Paranoia and bed side manner

Every since all the shenanigans started I have increased the number, and caliber, of the firearms easily accessible in my bedroom (namely from an Xdm to a siga in 7.62x39). Any one else increasing what they have available? Or am I the only paranoid one and I should lock my AK back up? (in a non safe storage law state). And for all you people in Ma this is a hypothetical question ;)

i'm kinda paranoid as it is regardless or recent event, I hypothetically leave something ready to go right on my night stand and hypothetically there might be something much larger under the bed

All the calls for violence against peaceful, law abiding gun owners by the mob have increased my alertness.

Sent from my mobile device.

I use a variation of the one-eyed jack method. If something goes bump in the night I wake my wife up and tell her that I think one of her cats has gotten into something and she should go check it out. That gives me time to come to full situational awareness, which means I've got to find my glasses and slippers. By that time there is either gunfire, screaming, or she has returned to the bedroom swearing at me or the cats. No matter which, I'm prepared to trudge to the bathroom to take a leak.

After I'm finished in the bathroom I ask her if she'll make me a sammich. I believe in being prepared.

Not here. I just keep the same 4 guns at the ready that I always have.

- - - Updated - - -

I use a variation of the one-eyed jack method. If something goes bump in the night I wake my wife up and tell her that I think one of her cats has gotten into something and she should go check it out. That gives me time to come to full situational awareness, which means I've got to find my glasses and slippers. By that time there is either gunfire, screaming, or she has returned to the bedroom swearing at me or the cats. No matter which, I'm prepared to trudge to the bathroom to take a leak.

After I'm finished in the bathroom I ask her if she'll make me a sammich. I believe in being prepared.

It's one thing to have a plan, but you need to practice until it becomes muscle memory. When she comes back with a sammich without being asked, you've committed it to memory.

Not here. I just keep the same 4 guns at the ready that I always have.

- - - Updated - - -

It's one thing to have a plan, but you need to practice until it becomes muscle memory. When she comes back with a sammich without being asked, you've committed it to memory.

An excellent point! I shall have to keep practicing. She doesn't always know what kind of sammich I want, a simple ham and cheese or a high capacity panini. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Hypothetically speaking, I think a lot of people sleep with some sort of weapon in/on their night stand. I have one of those souvenir baseball bat in mine....

Back
Top Bottom