• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Paracord Rifle Sling - Vet Made - Thoughts?

they look great and i need a sling. maybe i'll order one in a few weeks.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. I'll think I'll grab one for myself and and a second or third for gifts.

The site's store is small, but I noticed everything they carry is Made In America and they support Armed Forces across the board. I like giving gifts that have a little bit of a back story and this fits the bill perfectly.

I made one, once. It was kind of springy but not bad. I'm not that good at it, though. I've seen guys make stuff that felt like brick it was so tightly wrapped.

Paracord is great as a tool, or as material for things (belt, laces, sling), I don't really follow the idea of taking your stuff apart to use as a survival tool - now you're stuck without boot laces or whatever.

I just bought mine [smile]

I ordered one with QD's (amazing price on that option) and two with their standard connects. I'm all in supporting this initiative and hope it helps this guy.

Why not start a group buy? I'd be in IF we don't haggle that wounded vet down. He deserves every penny, and I don't mind paying good money for good work from the right guy.

I don't mind the wait that would be associated with a GB either. Let's help this guy out.

I'm fairly new here, but I'd be happy to run the GB. However, sometimes they are more successful when a senior member has their name on it.

Let me know how I can help.

I just checked and unfortunately you have to be a paid green member to participate in a group buy...and that's just to view the area.

With that restriction, it may just be easier to use this thread and folks can buy direct. But I can see value if this thread remains active and someone else starts a more formal group buy thread. Any takers for who wants to run with it?

I just checked and unfortunately you have to be a paid green member to participate in a group buy...and that's just to view the area.

With that restriction, it may just be easier to use this thread and folks can buy direct. But I can see value if this thread remains active and someone else starts a more formal group buy thread. Any takers for who wants to run with it?

TANSTAAFL. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. It takes a lot of help to run the forum and being a Green member contributes to that. And there are some group buys which do save you money.

TANSTAAFL. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. It takes a lot of help to run the forum and being a Green member contributes to that. And there are some group buys which do save you money.

Completely agree, I'm a big believer in supporting forums. I already placed my order so it doesn't affect me, it was more of an observation so guys who wanted to would just pick them up direct. But the GB is great for supporting members b/c it would probably generate a larger one-time order to support the vet making them.

It's great to see the support from this forum on this initiative. I was directed here from one of your members who purchased a rifle sling through our site.

As you guys have noticed, these are built using 100% Made in the USA materials by a wounded/retired vet. He makes each one with his own hands for each customer and I'm proud to be able to support his small business.

If you guys are intetested in a group buy, please have someone email me and I'll be happy to help. You can also simply purchase directly through the site as it all goes to the same place.

However, I also live in the NE and if you guys have an event in late Nov, early December I'd be honored to attend and drop them off...it would also save a few bucks versus shipping each one.

Thank you again for your wonderful support. There is a lot of excitement around these orders.

The purpose of a group-buy is typically to gain greater buying leverage by purchasing larger quantities at steeper discounts. If everyone agrees that there is to be no haggling, what is the purpose of a group buy of this product? The only advantage is perhaps saving money on shipping. However, in saving $2-3 on shipping you're spending $5-15 on gas + time to pick up/distribute. The economics of a group buy simply aren't there.

Go buy the product from the website and have it shipped. And buy an extra for a friend.

The purpose of a group-buy is typically to gain greater buying leverage by purchasing larger quantities at steeper discounts. If everyone agrees that there is to be no haggling, what is the purpose of a group buy of this product? The only advantage is perhaps saving money on shipping. However, in saving $2-3 on shipping you're spending $5-15 on gas + time to pick up/distribute. The economics of a group buy simply aren't there.

Go buy the product from the website and have it shipped. And buy an extra for a friend.

Or a group buy to specifically pay more than the site is asking to help out a vet ….

It's great to see the support from this forum on this initiative. I was directed here from one of your members who purchased a rifle sling through our site.

As you guys have noticed, these are built using 100% Made in the USA materials by a wounded/retired vet. He makes each one with his own hands for each customer and I'm proud to be able to support his small business.

If you guys are intetested in a group buy, please have someone email me and I'll be happy to help. You can also simply purchase directly through the site as it all goes to the same place.

However, I also live in the NE and if you guys have an event in late Nov, early December I'd be honored to attend and drop them off...it would also save a few bucks versus shipping each one.

Thank you again for your wonderful support. There is a lot of excitement around these orders.

I just received an email today from the site/you that my slings have been finished and I should receive them towards the end of next week!!! Thank you for putting this together so quickly. I can see they are still available in your store, will you carry these in inventory if I want to purchase more? (I think once some of my friends see these they may want one)

Did anyone else get this email??

I received an email today with pictures of my slings!!! It looks like they are shipping out today and I should receive by sometime next week.

The one in the middle is a little different from the outside two. It's pretty neat with that one color going straight up the middle.

Back
Top Bottom