• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Para Ordnance Quality?

Thanks for all your input. I am disappointed that this gun is so problem riddled. I am trying to stay with .40 as opposed to changing to .45 and really like the size and looks of the SX16-40 in stainless. I would prefer the SIG Equinox but it is not approved in MA so the Para was my next choice. Is there another "pimped out" full size .40 that is legal in MA and a reliable shooter.

Thanks for all your input. I am disappointed that this gun is so problem riddled. I am trying to stay with .40 as opposed to changing to .45 and really like the size and looks of the SX16-40 in stainless. I would prefer the SIG Equinox but it is not approved in MA so the Para was my next choice. Is there another "pimped out" full size .40 that is legal in MA and a reliable shooter.

What do you mean by "pimped out?"

I looked at the SVI line and really like them but I don't think they are legal in MA[sad2]

You can get four SVI models in MA. Scrivener is the expert on this -- he worked with SVI to get them approved, IIRC. There are two models on the regular roster:

Strayer Voigt Infinity Traditional .45 ACP
Strayer Voigt Infinity Competition .45 ACP

See: http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/approved_firearms_roster.pdf

And as drgrant pointed out below, two on the target roster:

Strayer Voigt, Inc. Open Competition .45 ACP
Strayer Voigt, Inc. Sight Tracker .45 ACP

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/Formal_Target_Shooting_Roster_08_2008.pdf

S&W has some flashy models as well, and any 1911 can be sent to a gunsmith and customized at will. That said, my best 1911 is a Wilson Combat and it doesn't look particularly flashy. Different strokes...

Note that SVI is in a whole different ballpark when it comes to cost.

Last edited:
I looked at the SVI line and really like them but I don't think they are legal in MA[sad2]

SVI's are definitely MA transferable. (legal is the wrong term, most handguns are legal in MA, whether or not an MA dealer can transfer it or not is a different story, of course. ) There are two models on the regular roster and I think another two on the target roster. IIRC Sparky's in Webster is the dealer for them in MA....

-Mike

Under the CMRs, I believe that a smaller caliber of a gun is considered the "same gun" for approval purposes.

Scrivener,I did read the roster but was not familiar with the full name of the company. Perhaps more information in your response would have helped. It must be a burden to be so smart!

Last edited:
Is there another "pimped out" full size .40 that is legal in MA and a reliable shooter.

This about the same question as mine:

1) What models from other manufacturers are most similar to the Para LDA models in feature and function?

1) What models from other manufacturers are most similar to the Para GI Expert in feature and function?

Back
Top Bottom