• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

para ordinance versus colt

does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with para's
i have heard that the quality control wasnt that good.
i am concerned with reliability, and accuracy.
and are the officers model size para's even in the same league as a colt

Use the Advanced Search mechanism here (on this sub-forum) and see what turns up. I know that I've read a lot (some good, much bad) on that topic . . . I can't be positive that it was on NES vs. CombatCarry.com however.

It's Para Ordnance not "para ordinance."

Here in Mass., it's not even a question - Para makes virtually ALL its models available here; Colt doesn't.

I've owned 3 Para's; 2 new and 1 used. I had a minor mag problem Para remedied immediately. I also had a slide soft enough for the slide release notch to peen back, slitting my thumb during a shoot (fortunately, it was stainless and the blood was not a problem).

Para machined down the deformity and even repolished the slide to remove the scratch a "helpful" bumbler put in my new gun while incompetently re-installing the slide stop. There was no further deformation.

No real problems at all. I see LOTS of Paras being shot by action pistol competitors; whole or as the base for a race gun.

I'm going to agree with Scrivener here. I currently have about 10 Para's.

Only two issues from all of them.

Had a P-10 with a stovepipe issues... Called Para, they gave me a RMA, sent it on Saturday...got it back on Thursday and haven't had a problem with it sense.

I had a P-12 LDA on consignment as I was wanting to buy a different model. (I really liked those "Special Ops" green Tac-Fours) Someone bought it...said that it wouldn't feed correctly. I've put 1000's of rounds through it, but never had a problem. Had a smith polish the feed ramp and they then shot it again, broke the guide rod, replaced it, and they decided not to buy it. I picked it back up and it seems to be working great... A Total of 50 bucks out of my pocket. No big deal. I'm keeping it...should have never tried to sell it.

Not sure what they were shooting with it... But hey, I can't control what they use.

Anyway, of all the years that I've had Para's and only had those issues, I'm not going to complain. Don't really think that that's conducive of a "Quality Contol Issue." But I will say that their Customer Service is top notch.

I had a P-12 LDA on consignment as I was wanting to buy a different model. (I really liked those "Special Ops" green Tac-Fours) Someone bought it...said that it wouldn't feed correctly. I've put 1000's of rounds through it, but never had a problem. Had a smith polish the feed ramp and they then shot it again, broke the guide rod, replaced it, and they decided not to buy it. I picked it back up and it seems to be working great...Not sure what they were shooting with it... But hey, I can't control what they use.

Sounds like crappy ammo or a crappy shooter - maybe both! [wink]

I had the same problem as Scrivener, without the blood. The slide catch won't always catch the notch now and I simply don't have time to deal with it. The gun functions fine otherwise and is a very nice shooter.

I have para SSP that I bought used. The previous owner did some "gunsmithing" which messed up the barrel ramp. I sent it to Para and they replaced the barrel and recoil spring for free within 3 days.

No issues since I've had it back. It eats all of the ammo (both ball and JHPs) that I've put through it. Accurate too.

Back
Top Bottom